HQ relocation in 4.0 boys!!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Re: HQ relocation in 4.0 boys!!

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 02:05

Hehe, I edited my post above the same time you did yours :) - anyway, thank you for saying you will look into supporting it for mods at some stage, much appreciated :) - In the meantime we can use the place 2 nav beacons in the 2 sectors..
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Wed, 25. Nov 20, 18:14

rene6740 wrote:
Tue, 24. Nov 20, 22:21
Don’t wanna know how much time Lino spend to hide cookies on XR stations ...
And i dont want to know how much time tamina wasted in trying to find them... and never did :(
Poor chocolate chip cookies.
01001100 01101001 01101110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 01110011 00101110 00101110 00101110

My art stuff

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 00:36

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 19. Nov 20, 10:49
Falcrack wrote:
Wed, 18. Nov 20, 03:43
Is this a prelude to the return of jumpdrives? Because as far as I can see it, if you can jump a station, why not a ship?
No, it isn't. For the same reasons as all the previous times it's been brought up. ;)
:( Jumpdrive for ship is massive huge improve of gameplay! Think of this, instead of stuck with limited choice of buy only fast ship, you can pick any kind of ship even slowest ship without worry about getting blow up by faster ship or gameplay faster pace like sooner to get done by trading or mining, for those who want fast pace, help make more fair for all kind of type of ship.
Remove jumpdrive is like remove huge gameplay of optional while fastest ship become overpower. I sure don't want to forced to pick spilt every time when buying ship due speed because lack of jumpdrive.

It's help to people willing to buy more type of ship, rather than buy only ship from only faction due stats, jumpdrive make that poor ship (sometime great looking ship) a worthy to fly.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 11:17

.. which has nothing to do with PHQ relocation which is the topic of this thread. :roll:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 11:14

I have not followed this topic. What is the key reason to wish for "relocation"?

Is it "I want to decide where my PHQ is", i.e. don't like where game puts it? (The X3 did let you choose.)

Or is it: I want to move around, like
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 11:39

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 11:14
I have not followed this topic. What is the key reason to wish for "relocation"?

Is it "I want to decide where my PHQ is", i.e. don't like where game puts it? (The X3 did let you choose.)

Or is it: I want to move around, like
Bit of both for me. For my 4.0 game I went with the ZYA start. Don't really like the idea of my HQ having a hostile ARG sector (Silent Witness) on the most direct flightpath between it & my home sectors. Would much rather relocate it to Zyarth's Dominion. Also thinking might like to use it as a mobile mining base station to support the ZYA economy - jump it into nearby asteroid fields, send out miners to gather raw ores/gases & process into basic resources, then jump back to Zyarth's to distribute. Would also very much like the ability for HQ to bug out if a big Xenon fleet is headed it's way.

rubahax4
x4

Post by rubahax4 » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 12:46

I also don't like this HQ move cheating and the explosion associated with it. I agree, it would be more plausible to choose a place once upon first appearance.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 12:59

Any way one looks into it, HQ relocation should not be on a whim (it is massive and what we build on it makes it bigger). Also I don't see any valid reason for the relocation to be repeatable, except for exploits...
Running a "test" is (sort of) OK... but then it should be a "once in a lifetime" (playthrough) decision not to be taken lightly...

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 20:59

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 11:14
Well for me personally, I wish to decide where I want my PHQ.. - However that being said, the "exploitation" of being able to use it as a mobile "lets get rid of stations I don't like" platform should really be fixed so you cannot do it.. - It already warns you if you are going to wipe something out, so just add something to that part which doesn't let you continue with the move if that's the case..
Moving it 2 or 3 times to me is fine, after all, if you are expanding sectors you might decide that you wish to move to another sector to make it more central (and this could happen a couple of times).
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

rubahax4
x4

Post by rubahax4 » Thu, 3. Dec 20, 07:06

One of the options is that moving the headquarters requires a very rare element that can be found somewhere in chests or wreckage. And let this element be given right away for the first time, while others should only be looked for: in chests, in asteroids, in debris, in Khaaks, in xenons, in pirates, at the station.
Your ideas)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 3. Dec 20, 10:45

dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 12:59
Running a "test" is (sort of) OK... but then it should be a "once in a lifetime" (playthrough) decision not to be taken lightly...
+1

X3 did hand a Station Construction Kit as reward of a mission. X4 has tied missions to the PHQ, so it has to exist.
In that sense X4 PHQ is similar to X3 TC/AP Xenon Hub. It was possible to "move" the Xenon Hub too.
That was a powerful option and could be used tactically.

Some X3 update did offer one-time PHQ move. Was that when new "player sectors" were added? It was a "pack Station back to TL" solution.

That would make sense. Give blueprint. Let us build a new PHQ. Make a limit that There Can Be Only One. No teleport bombardment.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 3. Dec 20, 15:03

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 3. Dec 20, 10:45

That would make sense. Give blueprint. Let us build a new PHQ. Make a limit that There Can Be Only One. No teleport bombardment.
Not really... where are you going to "put" Boso Ta? Unless it is an option in the Boron DLC (hopefully I'll not be dead of old age before it's release)... Teleporting it, since Teleportation is a feature of the game and the Constructions Ships can not carry one single module by themselves, is more"into" X4 mentallity. It just has to be restricted...
A "good" way, that may even make another "obscure" feature more meaningful, would be to give the HQ Blueprint but require to Terraform the current planet, so that Boso Ta can stay in it's oceans until you finish with his "new" home plus one more research (unlock all the Data Vaults maybe?) to find the blueprints of a Boron Person Transport for him...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 3. Dec 20, 15:38

dtpsprt wrote:
Thu, 3. Dec 20, 15:03
Not really... where are you going to "put" Boso Ta?
Where do station reps put themselves while they wait for their new office being built?

I've not met that Boso Ta character but I'm sure some shady Water Trader has enough liquid storage. Either that, or hanging in the engine exhaust of the Raptor. That will have a special feel in 4.0, won't it?

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 3. Dec 20, 15:59

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 3. Dec 20, 15:38
[I've not met that Boso Ta character but I'm sure some shady Water Trader has enough liquid storage. Either that, or hanging in the engine exhaust of the Raptor. That will have a special feel in 4.0, won't it?
Never done the PHQ story? Seriously? I personally brought him 3 tons of fresh Bo Fu from my last X3AP game (had to jump to Kingdom End from Thuruk's Beard I'm afraid)

palm911
x4

are we going to be able to move PHQ with update 4.0?

Post by palm911 » Sat, 5. Dec 20, 05:30

just out of curiosity XD
X gamer , one at a time.

Stoats not Goats
x4

Re: are we going to be able to move PHQ with update 4.0?

Post by Stoats not Goats » Sat, 5. Dec 20, 07:44

Yes, this has been discussed extensively in this thread:

<Merged. Alan Phipps>
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sat, 5. Dec 20, 13:58

Kinda fun to take out xenon defence platforms citadel of ricks style.

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Tue, 8. Dec 20, 06:06

Come to think of it, I don't think it's would be good idea relocation to enemies sector, even you are winning with lot of firepower, but your HQ still limited by weapon range, still part to HQ will get detoryed, lot of painful to rebuild all over again. It's not like a death star, simple one hub, easy to repair unlike we had HQ in game, that had many hub, many type of heatlh point that need to repair each, and weapon on HQ isn't long range like death star in star war where can shoot over million miles (Not just a extraordinary destruction but extraordinary range as well or something like that.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Sun, 31. Jan 21, 21:00

Ok, now this post gave me an idea...what about a new research that unlocks a giant f....g laser cannon for the HQ...it will vaporize whatever on a big range but needs lots of resources/time to fire?

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Sun, 31. Jan 21, 21:23

capitalduty wrote:
Sun, 31. Jan 21, 21:00
Ok, now this post gave me an idea...what about a new research that unlocks a giant f....g laser cannon for the HQ...it will vaporize whatever on a big range but needs lots of resources/time to fire?
That’s no moon...
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

Return to “X4: Foundations”