Help - my Xenons don't hatch :(

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Help - my Xenons don't hatch :(

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 28. Nov 20, 22:41

Recently I wanted to enigneer Xenon outbreak in my game, but instead of Xenon flood I noticed strange issue - Xenons don't expand - they don't place any new station and the one that are under construction do not receive any miners/suppliers to compelte production.

My Game is vanilla with no mods.

Here are my Xenons in the game - I decided to wipe out all of their competition, so that they could claim the land and expand:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2302037586
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2302037442
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2302037663
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2302037737

There are currently two defense station uder construction:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2302037995
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2302037920

Their miners and power supply units acts bizzare - ther are plenty of them but they either do nothing, or decide to fly very far away to mine and then go back to wharf:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2302037880

I deployed extensive sattelite grid to watch what they do - they cosntantly build combat ships in their wharfs and shipyards, yet the stations under construction remain ignored :(

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Help - my Xenons don't hatch :(

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 28. Nov 20, 22:46

It sounds as though they have a *local* shortage of available Xenon S (name, not size) supply ships. In my vanilla 3.30 game the Xenon early-build stations pop up when the S ships have stocked nearby Xenon build storages, and the S ships keep coming back to them as the station grows or comes under attack. The best way to remove their stations (which I know is not what you want) is to hunt down and keep killing S ships, empty their station build storages of resources and then kill their under-construction stations that are now stalled unable to build or repair.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 28. Nov 20, 23:58

There is a plenty "S", both miners and supply, they just ignore the station that is under construction (I've been observing those two stations for long time).

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Sun, 29. Nov 20, 00:32

Present your save to the developers maybe?
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 29. Nov 20, 00:56

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 28. Nov 20, 22:41
they cosntantly build combat ships in their wharfs and shipyards, yet the stations under construction remain ignored :(
Does ship building have higher priority than station building?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 29. Nov 20, 13:12

Having plenty of S is not necessarily the same as having them operating where the new stations need them, and that was why I referred to a 'local' shortage. Even if locally available in sufficient numbers, their lack of expected behaviour could mean a route blockage or lack of resources accessible for those new builds, or so I would suppose.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 07:36

I have had a similar issue in my previous game (started with 3.0 and played until now) :
While the Xenon in the north west, south west and south east got wiped out, they managed to conquer four sectors around Fires Of Defeat (Matrix#9, Matrix#451, Fires Of Defeat, Family Tkr), with sector EACH having one wharf and a shipyard, giving them an enormous stronghold. They also still had two sectors in the north (Rhys Defiance, Matrix#598).

However, shortly after that the Xenon stopped expanding. Trying to help them out, I wiped out the Split in Family Kritt and Zyarths Dominion I, hoping that the Xenon would expand from Matrix#598 in the north as well. However, while the Xenon created some Xenon Defense Station Plots in these sectors, they never ever tried actually building them. For days these station plots idled around at 20% hull (the initial amount) in an otherwise empty sector (I removed all possible Split resistance), with no Xenon S supplying the construction sites. The same for the areas around Fires Of Defeat : After building their four sector stronghold they occasionally put down some plots in nearby sectors (Two Grand, Thuruks Demise III, Tharkas Ravine , but never actually bothered building them, despite having the ressourcers and supply ships. The supply ships either just idled around or only supplied stations in Xenon sectors.

Sometimes I destroyed these defense station construction sites, thinking that maybe the supply script got bugged and destroying the construction sites would "reset" them. After a while they put down new Defense Station plots in the same spots, but again wouldn't even attempt to supply the construction sites with any building materials.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 09:38

Don't factions, including xenon, have some kind of build cap? Only so many stations, only so many ships, only so many wharfs/shipyards?

If this is the case, maybe it is an explanation as to why they have gone no further?

I am sure each faction has a set of loose guidelines it has to follow during the game, including expansion and construction.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 11:52

Surely a station building cap would have applied before they started constructing those stations, and not cause them to leave them half built but still counting towards their cap? Not that I would know though.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 5. Dec 20, 11:43

This isn't station build cap as I noticed some other Xenon defense stations destroyed in other sectors some time earlier, yet Xenon freighters/miners completely ignore the newly started constructions.

There must be something wrong with freighter/miner jobs assignment.
Last edited by mr.WHO on Sat, 5. Dec 20, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sat, 5. Dec 20, 11:57

I see the same thing happening as you for the longest time now in multiple restarts. I am ignoring Xenon completely, so I never bothered checking them out but yes: I haven't seen them ever completing any of their stations.
(Just writing this here to keep informed in this topic.)

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 5. Dec 20, 12:11

I opened the topic in technical support forum to get devs attention:
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=431770

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 5. Dec 20, 13:56

I did start a game in May (so 3.10?) and June-July the Xenon did conquest and build sectors (3.20). I made them stop about the same time as 3.30 was released. No significant Xenon builds since then (although not complete lack of either).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 13:08

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 28. Nov 20, 22:41
they don't place any new station and the one that are under construction do not receive any miners/suppliers to compelte production.
The construction of the AI stations will not choose the nearby construction unit (XS). They will be wait all time, for the designated construction unit.
SO, you need to help X clear the road and ensure that XS can reach the site from the active X sector.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 13:52

Here everyone can see the huge desperation players are having with diplomatic system, there's such a lack of conflicts and changes in the Universe that at a certain point one decides to help the Xenon.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 15:44

There is a time whem the xenon stop being a menace and just turn into a nuisance. What ive done in later playthrough is block xenon off from advancing too far into certain areas. So they can still stomp around some factions areas, but dont get to invade too deep into the map, like near higjways.

This keeps them, and the other NPC factions, active throughout the game. Sectors flip around, ships bought, stations built and destroyed.

skyneedler9
x4

Post by skyneedler9 » Wed, 31. Mar 21, 18:26

What I know-
1.Hatikvah's choice is deadly for xenon transports due to game start heavy-armed stations

2.HoP doesn't seem to be fighting hard enough to weaken Antigone and argon forces at second contact to allow xenon a chance to take frontier's edge.

3.Intervention Corps bounce back and forth from the xenon beyond frontier's edge and Tharka's Cascade. Really annoying, it's not helping the balance, it's being a nuisance.

4.Teladi is holding strong at Ianamus Zura and Company Regard.

5.HoP beginning to establish a defence station in faulty logic. The end for the xenon there is really quickening.

6.Fires of Defeat is only being run over by xenon cuz Free Families have no military-based navy.

7Zyarth's Dominion is only being run over by xenon because the Argon is aggressive at their throats in those back sectors behind Zyarth's dominion.

8Litany of Fury is exposed, the Paranid Expeditionary Fleet ran back home and got killed by HoP in a fight XD, what a sad end, but instead of taking Litany of Fury or going further, the xenon just spit ships out to Hatikvah's choice to literally die
for ... nothing.

On a side note, I just hate how the split been treated. Poor plasma cannon range, 300km sized sectors, somehow managing to lose their fleets and their raptor SO FAST it's a miraculous phenomenon I'd like to know exactly how it comes to be. Argon behemoths going in unchecked and just wiping out split stations by themselves... like of all the factions I did not expect the split to be the ones struggling, I thought Teladi would be... NOPE, Teladi keeping the xenon in check with no help from me. If anything when I go in and fight xenon for the Teladi I actually end up just pushing the xenon back more steps, I just started to ignore it now, and yeah Free Families don't need any explanation why they get pushed by the xenon.

If you wanna talk about balance issues with how the war stuff and all this is being handled by all means I'm on board yo x3. To me, Xenon acting weird about what sectors they capture now, Split become too WEAK too fast for some strange reason, the HoP doesn't seem as strongly aggressive. The Terran Intervention Corps would be useful but if the xenon isn't as strong as it supposed to be, it's an unfair imbalance that takes away from the game's conflict by endangering the enemy of everyone fairly quickly. Stations at times in some situations are so strong it can wipe fleets out, other times it's that one lucky situation where the station gets completely destroyed with little challenge, it's all over the place it's chaos I tell ya chaos xD

Return to “X4: Foundations”