Where the Missile frigates and swarm missiles??

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Poacher886
x4

Where the Missile frigates and swarm missiles??

Post by Poacher886 » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 15:01

Why have they omitted missile frigates for x4 ? specialty ships like this were my favorites.

Also what happened to swarm missiles?? another favourite, indeed there are hardly any missile types on offer!

Clownmug
x4

Re: Where the Missile frigates and swarm missiles??

Post by Clownmug » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 15:27

Cerberus, Gorgon, Osprey and Cobra are all frigates. There are light and heavy swarm missiles and I think heavy cluster missiles. Pick all tracking launchers and turrets to make the ships mentioned into missile frigates.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 15:44

X4 frigates can be missile boats given they have the biggest missile bay in relation to their size.
Just put missile launchers or torpedos as their main weapons.

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 20:43

Cant see swarm missiles as an option, are they only sold by certain factions? im still quite early in the game.

Would be nice to see dedicated missile frigates though.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 30. Nov 20, 20:58

Does your ship have any tracking launchers? If not, then missiles that those launchers can launch will not be offered.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 07:35

jlehtone wrote:
Mon, 30. Nov 20, 20:58
Does your ship have any tracking launchers? If not, then missiles that those launchers can launch will not be offered.
Thanks, that explains it!!

Still no M6+M7 ships though..

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 09:30

Poacher886 wrote:
Tue, 1. Dec 20, 07:35

Thanks, that explains it!!

Still no M6+M7 ships though..
Corvettes are “M6”, destroyers are “M7”. There will be an “M2” battleship in Terran DLC.

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 02:06

Honestly I've been a Plasma guy until yesterday when I tried to tackle a Behemoth loaded with tracking launchers all around and it just obliterated my fleet. I'm rethinking my strategy - I'm not sure if missiles are OP yet - gotta see what a pain in the butt resupplying them is!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 10:32

Ten Chimera. 24 Heavy Torp each.
IS they demolish a K and spend at most 8 torpedoes each.
OOS they use all their torpedoes and there is not even a dent in the shield of the K.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 19:06

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 10:32
OOS they use all their torpedoes and there is not even a dent in the shield of the K.
The pilots just say they fired them, but since you are not watching, they write them off and sell em later on the black market...
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Fri, 4. Dec 20, 09:06

oddible wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 02:06
Honestly I've been a Plasma guy until yesterday when I tried to tackle a Behemoth loaded with tracking launchers all around and it just obliterated my fleet. I'm rethinking my strategy - I'm not sure if missiles are OP yet - gotta see what a pain in the butt resupplying them is!
missiles are quite op since surface mounts get smashed easily by them. you just need an autotrader running around supplying components for it. there's a reason why hop destroyer packs full missile boat generally

RedEyedRaven
x4

Post by RedEyedRaven » Fri, 4. Dec 20, 10:40

Killjaeden wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 19:06
The pilots just say they fired them, but since you are not watching, they write them off and sell em later on the black market...
Exactly!
2023: X4: Seafood-restaurant 'Split' opens in ZYA-space. Reservations limited, get yours today!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 4. Dec 20, 15:01

Killjaeden wrote:
I would expect nothing less from Teladi pilots, but that wing is "honourable" Split ...

RedEyedRaven
x4

Post by RedEyedRaven » Fri, 4. Dec 20, 15:10

jlehtone wrote:
Fri, 4. Dec 20, 15:01
Killjaeden wrote:
I would expect nothing less from Teladi pilots, but that wing is "honourable" Split ...

Well, in case you didn't know:

All those warrior-races that talk of honor and glory are in-fact the worst of them all.

For example, the famous klingons use cloaking-devices to sneak up on vessels that didn't raise shields yet, and after bigger skirmishes they just sit around and wait for more targets under cloak. They're also pretty adept with ambush-tactics.

Of course, only the romulans are dishonorable for using cloaks like that! Klingons are all heroes!

Back at home, they drink their bloodwine and tell their friends and superiors about their fair and honorable battles. :roll:
2023: X4: Seafood-restaurant 'Split' opens in ZYA-space. Reservations limited, get yours today!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 4. Dec 20, 17:55

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 10:32
Last time I checked, missile weren't consumed in OOS combat. only IS combat consume missiles.

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Fri, 4. Dec 20, 18:15

Good news for missile ships...L missile turrets now should work in next beta patch, I invite you to fill a rattlesnake with all in missile turrets and see the fireworks yourself

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Fri, 4. Dec 20, 21:15

capitalduty wrote:
Fri, 4. Dec 20, 18:15
Good news for missile ships...L missile turrets now should work in next beta patch, I invite you to fill a rattlesnake with all in missile turrets and see the fireworks yourself
Oooo, just built 3 of em with nothing but missile turrets thanks to this thread. Was about to send them out for glorious demolition to evaluate, but guess I'll wait a bit. Should be plenty of Argons left to try it on...

Return to “X4: Foundations”