Owning sector policy needs changing

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr.Killer
x4

Owning sector policy needs changing

Post by Mr.Killer » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 11:09

Why do we want to own a sector? Partly I think because of the money coming in from selling area's in your sector.
But how do one tell that a faction paid for it? If I build in someone else's sector without license payment, I can get attacked at worst, but I have never tried this myself in friendly territory.
How to check on this? lets say, Nopileous Fortune, a vast sector full of resources, but there keeps coming SCA pirates building stuff, and I don't get to see if they legit bought a license or that they think f-you, and do what they like...
When I attack them, because they did not pay, then the whole game is full of them, turning against me, and not my big warship material, no, they like to pick off the defenseless... (wanna call a name for them)

So, Is there a future in this, example: letting them pay annual fines for not buying license (they are much costly in the long run) or tag only those stations as target, not the rest. (I have the authority to control my sector, I can order them out, destroy them, BOARD STATIONS!!!! or whatever)

The best solution is to NOT fight them, but to handle things in peace, so, EGOSOFT, what do you think?

grapedog
x4

Re: Owning sector policy needs changing

Post by grapedog » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 11:17

I think sector ownership is still in its infancy, and we will see new features as time goes on.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 14:11

O M G...... Really? Oh, why did I not think about that, oh wait, I did, back in the early 2018's......

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 22:04

Mr.Killer wrote:
Tue, 1. Dec 20, 14:11
O M G...... Really? Oh, why did I not think about that, oh wait, I did, back in the early 2018's......
You thought about something back before the game was released? Did I get that right? Or am I missing something?

Release date for X4 is November 2018...
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Return to “X4: Foundations”