Another trader who wants nothing to sell

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr.Killer
x4

Another trader who wants nothing to sell

Post by Mr.Killer » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 14:15

There is a new game, not modified, been at this for a large number of hours, finally had my S/M shipyard put in production, had scraped enough for some ships to build, had put a small large fleet build there, no problem....
Now I was at my home town (Grand Exchange) and I went to visit the shipdealer. Asking him nicely, he would not respond if I wanted to buy or the other thing. No. Those options are not there.....

Can someone please tell me where I can put my savegame?
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Another trader who wants nothing to sell

Post by CBJ » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 14:56

Instructions on providing savegames for people to look at are in the sticky thread at the top of the Tech Support forum.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 15:36

care to post the 'sticky' link? I cannot find it....

am looking and looking for any sticky things, but I really cannot find any, sorry.....
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 15:44

It's the very first thread, right at the top of the Tech Support forum.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 16:05

Nope, no sticky things.....

So I tore a gap in history and started from day one, found eventually a page from Rebirth, telling how to.... and I tried dropbox....

Sorry man, I am not pulling your leg or something, there was really no sticky one for me to see.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ubLsuh ... sp=sharing

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 16:37

Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 18:34

Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 1. Dec 20, 16:37
its here viewtopic.php?f=180&t=402324
I was hoping it could be done here, in some part of this website, instead on a outside source that holds it maybe for a short period of time and is prone to go into oblivion if it expires...keeping a link in this forum to.... no where...
So, it is nice you showed me the rules, as I read them for the Nth time...
I hope you understand my question better now, but thanks for your support, both.....

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 19:30

The Egosoft servers don't have the capacity to host myriads of large file uploads. The last time the forums reached anywhere near server capacity (before a server upgrade/expansion), the forums became unstable and slowed to a crawl. So Egosoft also would have to have quite a short expiry and removal period if they did implement such an upload system, hence no real change from what is out there now but with lots of forum change effort by Egosoft devs who could be doing better things.

If devs are following a report thread, they will download supporting files for local storage before they expire, use them as necessary, and delete them when finished. If they aren't following a thread then the chances are that it isn't being worked on anyway.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 20:44

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 1. Dec 20, 19:30
The Egosoft servers don't have the capacity to host myriads of large file uploads. The last time the forums reached anywhere near server capacity (before a server upgrade/expansion), the forums became unstable and slowed to a crawl. So Egosoft also would have to have quite a short expiry and removal period if they did implement such an upload system, hence no real change from what is out there now but with lots of forum change effort by Egosoft devs who could be doing better things.

If devs are following a report thread, they will download supporting files for local storage before they expire, use them as necessary, and delete them when finished. If they aren't following a thread then the chances are that it isn't being worked on anyway.
Pity, really, but understandable.
Any news on my savegame? yet?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 21:21

Not from me; I'm not a dev.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 09:41

Im pretty sure sites like dropbox, google, and mega.... among many others, won't be disappearing, anytime soon, and with no notice.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 10:51

grapedog wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 09:41
Im pretty sure sites like dropbox, google, and mega.... among many others, won't be disappearing, anytime soon, and with no notice.
Haha, yeah, and that goes for the memory of men too?
This describes such a situation, totally harmless, yet of great consequence and fairly truthful. This happens with e-mail, files on computer and also files on servers, online and offline...
- "uh, what is this, oh yeah, a savegame of whatever.... lets throw that out, I need more space and I prob. never used it anyhow..."

So, never say that they are not going away, when you want to say, it is in the hands of good men and woman. But I understand your reaction dear sir.....

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 5. Dec 20, 20:45

Had been on my older pc, there the trader on other factions station do work ok...

Let me check later....

Nope, no build or the other option. What puzzles me too is that as soon as the S/M building facility gaines an L build facility, that there are two shipbuild locations on a station where you can go to, only one is manned. Is this also a flaw?

Return to “X4: Foundations”