4.0 Beta Question

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Croaker_Senjak
x4

4.0 Beta Question

Post by Croaker_Senjak » Tue, 1. Dec 20, 23:20

If this should be in the beta forum, please feel free to move it. Since it's a question and not feedback though, I am putting it here.

Can anyone give some details on the changes in Controller Support in the beta? I haven't been in beta branch since 3.0. Is it up to speed for using a DS4 via Steam's Big Picture Mode? Or are you often still left relying on mouse / keyboard bindings?

I'm curious because I no longer game at a desk. My main rig has been moved to the living room and my game's list has become pretty dependent on controller support. Still keep a wireless kb / mouse combo on the couch, but they don't provide the same kind of dexterity and muscle memory reflexes as when you're upright on a hard surface.

Cheers

Buzz2005
x4

Re: 4.0 Beta Question

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 00:20

Dont know what DS4 is but k+m is still needed, what is new is you can navigate to the right side tabs in map (trade and info etc...) and thats pretty much it

maybe I missed something idk
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Croaker_Senjak
x4

Post by Croaker_Senjak » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 04:12

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 00:20
Dont know what DS4 is but k+m is still needed, what is new is you can navigate to the right side tabs in map (trade and info etc...) and thats pretty much it

maybe I missed something idk

Thank you! DS4 = Dualshock 4. (Or rather, a PS4 controller). Steam re-maps DS4 controllers to X-Box controllers in games with full support or a player config profile.
It's a strange setup, but I'm use to it. My two favorite games are lacking real support for it so far...X4, and Bannerlord.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 09:05

oh, I use xbox controller so basically same thing

the way UI is setup k+mouse will always be needed but there is still so room for controller support improvements
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Croaker_Senjak
x4

Post by Croaker_Senjak » Wed, 2. Dec 20, 16:56

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 2. Dec 20, 09:05
oh, I use xbox controller so basically same thing

the way UI is setup k+mouse will always be needed but there is still so room for controller support improvements
Thanks Buzz. I went ahead and jumped into the 4.x branch yesterday and see what you're talking about. To be honest, it's not bad , and is definitely improved. But I think you're right. I'll save any feedback about it for a feedback thread.

Return to “X4: Foundations”