[Guide] X4 Closed Loop Shipyard building

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

apricotslice
x4

Re: [Guide] X4 Closed Loop Shipyard building

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 19. Dec 20, 10:26

EGO_Aut wrote:
Sat, 19. Dec 20, 09:31
Closed loops are bad for global trade.
Not really.

I spent in excess of 100 million on Claytronics and Hull Parts alone, spread across 3 game days. It kept that part of the economy ticking over, because it takes a lot of other products to make what they need, and more to make what they need. I was ranging 10 sectors away to collect what I needed, because the local sectors couldn't keep up.

I also had autotraders out there trading everything, keeping the economy ticking over.

During the time it took me to build the core station, the Xenon completely trashed 6 sectors and were well into the seventh when I finally noticed, and with money to spare, I bought enough destroyers to roll them back and keep them there. (Didn't have an L Fabricator at that point.) The Zyarth actually owe me for saving them. (They only have 4 sectors left now.)

So 'global trade' was going to hell anyway, until I stopped it. I now have the Xenon successfully corralled. And all those ships were bought, not self-built.

There is nothing wrong with the economy in my game. The only thing I'm selling is ships, and there is an endless demand for them by the warring factions.

The impact on the economy just isn't there.

Wultan
x4

Post by Wultan » Sat, 19. Dec 20, 12:32

When I build a ship yard, I do that with the bootstrapping method.

Start with:
- 1x Docking for S/M ships
- 1x Docking for L ships
- 2-3x large container storage
- 1x S/M build module
- Add manager to wharf and let him learn some seminars to get some stars
- Add ~10x M trade ships
- Add 5 Mio Cr to wharf

Cost: 15 Mio for build modules, 5 Mio for trade ships, 5 Mio initial money = 25 Mio Credits.
After that, your wharf is earning money.

In the early days, you may have to let your ships buy goods by hand if your manager does not yet have the range. You do not need to take the ships away from the manager for this.

Then you can add more production modules. E.g. 2-3 nanotronic factories. And hull parts.
Then build that factories where you have the most demand for (E.g. weapon parts, electronic parts).
Then build modules for intermediate products (E.g. antimatter cells, micro chips)
Then build modules for basic products (E.g. graphen, silicon wafer, metal)
Now, at the latest, you no longer need instructions.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 00:29

At the end of the guide,
I think there's missing 'Water Production' in the "The Shipyard contains:" production module list ?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 20. Dec 20, 02:18

exogenesis wrote:
Sun, 20. Dec 20, 00:29
At the end of the guide,
I think there's missing 'Water Production' in the "The Shipyard contains:" production module list ?
Good catch.

Return to “X4: Foundations”