I am very sad for the future of X4

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtpsprt
x4

Re: I am very sad for the future of X4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 11:59

jlehtone wrote:
Sat, 13. Feb 21, 10:32
[Flying station to station ... in X2 and X3R you had to dock into each station in order to see whether there were any missions. The "spot from any distance and accept from 25/50km" of X3TC/AP,X4 is much better.
Furthermore, the guild/war missions are all on a menu when you enter sector.

You can attack X4 SCA and FAF without damaging reputation with anyone else.
Ahemmm... "spot from any distance and accept from 25 km" does not apply for X4 (which is what matters most in this forum), Besides the map with the stations was really transparent and occupied about 1/3 of the screen in X3 TC/AP instead of being practically opaque and filling the screen in X4. I'm sick and tired of missions showing in the map but not appearing in the missions tab (so I can check them in a quick glance)!!! Either they do the moment they are created or they don't and there is no need for a missions tab!!! Even "funnier" is what happens a lot in Beta 7 with more than half the missions expiring the moment you accept them.

Again... are we supposed to be flying ships in space or maps dear Egosoft?

EDIT: All missions of a sector were appearing instantly in X4 V2.60

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 12:57

dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 13. Feb 21, 11:59
Ahemmm... "spot from any distance and accept from 25 km" does not apply for X4
True. You can tell (in X4 3.30 HF2) from any distance whether a station has any missions by targeting that station and you can take the mission once you're within 50 km of that station.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 16:48

Nikola515 wrote:
Sat, 13. Feb 21, 05:44
I was thinking more like XR menu/board where we can see all missions (except illegal) when we enter sector. Flying station to station just to see missions gets annoying quick.
You don't have to fly station to station to see missions...? If you enter a sector, missions that are visible to you appear in the mission list on the left side of the map. And if you have satellites in a sector you'll see the missions that are too far from your own passive scanner range.

That said I would like to see missions available in other sectors.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 14. Feb 21, 03:40

kmunoz wrote:
Sat, 13. Feb 21, 16:48
Nikola515 wrote:
Sat, 13. Feb 21, 05:44
I was thinking more like XR menu/board where we can see all missions (except illegal) when we enter sector. Flying station to station just to see missions gets annoying quick.
You don't have to fly station to station to see missions...? If you enter a sector, missions that are visible to you appear in the mission list on the left side of the map. And if you have satellites in a sector you'll see the missions that are too far from your own passive scanner range.

That said I would like to see missions available in other sectors.
I haven't played X4 for almost year and a half (it seems lots have changed ).... So you can now place satellites to increase missions vision range? I might give it shot again after this new DLC. Thanks for info :)

Maybe they should add some missions from other sectors but not all of them. It would be overkill in my opinion... Or perhaps they could add them as a reward when you max out reputation with faction ( similar to station trading prices).
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sun, 14. Feb 21, 14:58

Roeleveld wrote:
Thu, 11. Feb 21, 07:34

For reality, the game is actually too fast.
I mean, how realistic is it that in the first 2 hours after getting your first tiny ship, you can end up with a lot of mining vessels, seen nearly the whole map, helped in a prison break, built a few factories and end up being the only living individual that can teleport across sectors? :roll:
Credits add up so fast, it is immersion breaking. This is why I don't do crystal mining in my games. I remember how excited I was in X2 when Elena Kho gave me her old Mercury trader to get started. Yes it took a while of just finding deals and trading goods, but was still entertaining which is what a video game should do. If you could just fly over to an asteroid, mine some crystals and tell Elena "Nah, I'm good. I'll just buy a couple of new trade ships fully loaded out," I'm afraid the whole plot line for X2 would be ruined. IMO they forgot a lot of good things from X2 and X3 in favor of rapid progression.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

easternsun

Post by easternsun » Sun, 14. Feb 21, 17:28

Like most RPG there needs to be different levels of credit sinks. Terraforming is a first start but the rewards need to be unique to the player or it's just a credit sink without reason. The added housing and some other bonuses are a good start. Hopefully we will get a mission like in rebirth to start rebuilding factions who where stranded.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 14. Feb 21, 17:38

Nikola515 wrote:
Sun, 14. Feb 21, 03:40
So you can now place satellites to increase missions vision range? I might give it shot again after this new DLC. Thanks for info :)
It's more that if you have a satellite near a station that has a mission, it will appear when you enter the same sector, even if your own ship doesn't have scanner range to that station.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

easternsun

Post by easternsun » Tue, 16. Feb 21, 17:33

kmunoz wrote:
Sun, 14. Feb 21, 17:38
Nikola515 wrote:
Sun, 14. Feb 21, 03:40
So you can now place satellites to increase missions vision range? I might give it shot again after this new DLC. Thanks for info :)
It's more that if you have a satellite near a station that has a mission, it will appear when you enter the same sector, even if your own ship doesn't have scanner range to that station.
Or they can use the Mission offer computer that was built for Rebirth and having us stop randomly searching for missions.

vax1410
x4

Post by vax1410 » Thu, 18. Feb 21, 16:52

kmunoz wrote:
Thu, 11. Feb 21, 07:27
easternsun wrote:
Thu, 11. Feb 21, 05:15
How can you say that the most subscribed mods are not fixes to the game.
IN the top 10 are 5 mods that change Wars and the economy. The rest add ships since the variety right now is so low. Why do we need a Tern and a Vulture that are the same ships since they never implemented solid/liquid trade ships. Give us combat ship variety and Make Bombers useful.

And the best mods after that are the ones that Level you pilots because when you have 20k personal why should I have to manually click on all of them to level since leveling is still hot garbage.
Well, as I pointed out, 4 of those mods are part of a single package, so it's disingenuous to count them separately, and besides they also slow everything down in the late game because they eat CPU. I don't consider Faction Enhancer four separate mods, and I don't consider a fix withen it breaks at least as much as it fixes.

There are currently 154 different ships in the game, maybe half of them are fully non-duplicates. That's still a fair number of ships. The ones that are added by the ship mod are pretty good, though it's debatable whether they fit the design of X4.

The issue with leveling NPCs comes down to conflicts in game philosophy. The people who tend to be upset about the slow leveling of NPCs are the ones who want to race to the late game. Most of these pilot leveling mods will get you there in just a couple of hours. But EGO clearly wants the game to play more slowly than that, and doesn't want players to be able to automate everything right from the jump. And so using a speed-leveling mod isn't "fixing" the game, it's *changing* the game. NPC leveling in vanilla isn't broken, it's just not as quick as some people would like. There is a difference, though I'm surprised how few people are able to see it.
+1 :thumb_up:

rustyshackleford

Post by rustyshackleford » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 19:17

surferx wrote:
Sun, 14. Feb 21, 14:58
Roeleveld wrote:

I mean, how realistic is it that in the first 2 hours after getting your first tiny ship, you can end up with a lot of mining vessels, seen nearly the whole map, helped in a prison break, built a few factories and end up being the only living individual that can teleport across sectors? :roll:
Credits add up so fast, it is immersion breaking. This is why I don't do crystal mining in my games. I remember how excited I was in X2 when Elena Kho gave me her old Mercury trader to get started. Yes it took a while of just finding deals and trading goods, but was still entertaining which is what a video game should do. If you could just fly over to an asteroid, mine some crystals and tell Elena "Nah, I'm good. I'll just buy a couple of new trade ships fully loaded out," I'm afraid the whole plot line for X2 would be ruined. IMO they forgot a lot of good things from X2 and X3 in favor of rapid progression.
To be honest, I'm glad that they have options in place for players to gain credits very quickly. For me personally, between family and career life, I have little time to sit down with X4 so it would take me forever to see everything in the game if it hadn't been for crystal mining. I hope they leave those in the game and don't nerf their prices.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 19:32

rustyshackleford wrote: " .. if it hadn't been for crystal mining. I hope they leave those in the game and don't nerf their prices."

Well the crystals' general frequency, occurrence of rarer ones, and ease of detection has already been reduced across release versions at least once, if not more times. The game's financial balancing is pretty dynamic in nature. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

rustyshackleford

Post by rustyshackleford » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 20:04

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 19. Feb 21, 19:32
rustyshackleford wrote: " .. if it hadn't been for crystal mining. I hope they leave those in the game and don't nerf their prices."

Well the crystals' general frequency, occurrence of rarer ones, and ease of detection has already been reduced across release versions at least once, if not more times. The game's financial balancing is pretty dynamic in nature. :D
Damn! Sounds like I missed out on the gold rush then - I'm new to the X-series and X4 is my first entry as of 2 weeks ago or so, so I can't compare it to previous iterations.

easternsun

Post by easternsun » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 21:28

In reality mining was still a slow way to earn money. Find an abandoned ship, sell to the AI and your now a millionaire in 5 minutes. Get a small fleet and attack ships from HOP or ZYA. Get them to bail, claim and repeat. You now have a to grind some blueprints or scan stations and build a trading stations from the PHQ. Money now is no issue.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 23:36

Just now, after a long time everything went fine, there was a message that I had an unauthorised kill, lowering my rating with that faction....
I want to go there and see if I can intervene.... I can not because there is no guidance to that point.
This is also making me sad, Now I have to silently watch how a few a-holes destroy in merely minutes what took me hours to build up.
Why is there no DIPLOMACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is so much needed in these kind of situations, it angers me a lot. sadly.....
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 23:44

Mr.Killer wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 23:36
Why is there no DIPLOMACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is so much needed in these kind of situations, it angers me a lot.
There will be diplomacy. It was mentioned that in 4.0 you can officially declare a War. You are right, attacking without declaration is not good sport. Just remember what happened to Japan when their message was not timely delivered.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

zakaluka

Post by zakaluka » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 00:14

This game isn't written for a few thousand hours of lastability. If you need a game that lasts several thousand hours, this might not be the right game.

It's not some virtue, like "I have the most experience so I know what needs to be done," you've simply worn it out.

I can only think of two games that were actually intended for that kind of replayability.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 00:42

zakaluka wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 00:14
This game isn't written for a few thousand hours of lastability.
Really? Kept me happily entertained for quite a while...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tm0wso6eszu4l ... d.jpg?dl=0

zakaluka

Post by zakaluka » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 00:55

generalities take a bit more than a counter-example to cast into doubt.
you're special, GCU.

Mr. Killer however, apparently could not make the game last 4,000 hours. Most people won't.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 01:36

zakaluka wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 00:55
Most people won't.
Most people won't have that much time on their hands for any game. Most of the time I wouldn't, but special circumstances right now (global pandemic, stuck indoors for months on end, nothing much else to do = LOTS of time for X4). Doubt I'm the only one with 1000+ hours on the clock.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 01:43

rustyshackleford wrote:
Fri, 19. Feb 21, 19:17
surferx wrote:
Sun, 14. Feb 21, 14:58
Roeleveld wrote:

To be honest, I'm glad that they have options in place for players to gain credits very quickly. For me personally, between family and career life, I have little time to sit down with X4 so it would take me forever to see everything in the game if it hadn't been for crystal mining. I hope they leave those in the game and don't nerf their prices.
:thumb_up:
I do agree with you on this point. Options are usually a good thing. If you want to blast thru the game and set up a galactic empire quickly, if this is your thing, then you can do that. I was just making the observation that some of the fast tracks can easily be bypassed and for me, adds to the realism. I don't mine crystals, or use SETA. If some action in the game decreases realism then maybe you don't have to use it.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Return to “X4: Foundations”