About Terraforming (General info + concrete preconditions)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dreamer2008
x4

Re: About Terraforming (General info + concrete preconditions)

Post by dreamer2008 » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 15:19

I love that you added terraforming! I really hope that at the end of each terraform mission we will get some awesome rewards.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 15:22

"The journey is the reward" :goner:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sat, 13. Feb 21, 15:23

jlehtone wrote:
Sat, 13. Feb 21, 15:22
"The journey is the reward" :goner:
And its a pretty good reward, but something more tangible wouldn't hurt :D

easternsun

Post by easternsun » Sat, 20. Feb 21, 14:30

As long as terraforming has a tangible change to the galaxy it's worth doing. I want to support the AI. I'm so rich money is just a number now.
The problem is some of the rewards punish the player (Antigone stops expanding) if they like seeing the universe grow and have the factions protect themselves from Xenon or HOP.

Terraforming should also create new factions like some of the plot missions.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 16:41

can i terraform a sector i own? like one taken by the xenom?

or it is only sectors from other factions ?
X gamer , one at a time.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 05:16

It is about time we had something that was nothing more than nonsense to do! And it cost us all we have. And to spend hours, days, weeks, months years, faffing about in our little space ships. So we can see a planet change colour! This is awesome. We need more of this kind of stuff in our locked down little planet. I want to Faff, and Faff, and Faff. Until I am purple in the face ! Am I an Alien..
:D

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:37

palm911 wrote:
Sun, 28. Feb 21, 16:41

anyone?
X gamer , one at a time.

Repli
x4

Post by Repli » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:45

palm911 wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:37
palm911 wrote:

anyone?
Hey!
For now, there are a few planets, which can be terraformed. At least one of them is in a xenon sector (do not have all possible systems in mind...) You do not have to own the sector for terraforming, but of course you can.
Last edited by Repli on Tue, 2. Mar 21, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:54

Repli wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:45
palm911 wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:37
palm911 wrote:

anyone?
Hey!
For now, there are a few planets, which can be terraformed. At least one of them should be in a xenon sector (do not have all possible systems in mind...) You do not have to own the sector for terraforming, but of course you can.
thank you, but since it requires a mission offer, does my own npc offers me a mission to terraform a plante in my own sector? or i just start doing it?

having a list of planets tahat could be terraformed must be really good thing to have
X gamer , one at a time.

Repli
x4

Post by Repli » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 18:14

I had to edit my post, because one of the planets is quite sure in a xenon sector, but teladi wiped out the xenon in this sector in my game a while ago. Did not remembered that :wink:
Yes you get offers from your boron friend for all possible systems. But in the encyclopedia you find the available systems, too.
The mission offer is not necessary, because you can return to any planet, even after the mission is complete. The missions are usually only a small part (mandatory projects to make a planet habitable and a few further projects) of all available projects for each planet.

Cybertrigger
x4

Post by Cybertrigger » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 14:15

palm911 wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 17:54
having a list of planets tahat could be terraformed must be really good thing to have
The whole Terraforming is gonna be avaible to you once you completed a specific part of the player headquarters questline.
When you unlocked it its gonna be a list of a few sectors in which terraforming can be done.
Terraforming isnt gonna be something for moneytary gain its something you do because you can and want to do it.
By default some sectors are gonna be xenon controlled which might change depending on how long it takes you to unlock terraforming and being able to do so.

zakaluka

Post by zakaluka » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 03:05

Teladi CEO wrote:
Fri, 29. Jan 21, 15:55
In the beta planet population effects the efficiency of a station. So if you build a station at Argon prime it has (not actual number) 1250% efficiency. Everything is much faster to be produced. So terraforming and colonizing a world would provide a boost in ratio to population
In the first version of this Beta before terraforming was actually implemented (but bonuses for terraforming showed up), I recall that this was supposed to be something of a placeholder. We were told workforce would build up faster and there would be a production boost but the actual mechanic was yet to be seen.

I'm hoping it's a little more interesting than a 1200% boost to output.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 09:59

This is the most tedious and expensive paintjob I've ever seen

JonathanVQP
x4

Post by JonathanVQP » Wed, 10. Mar 21, 20:27

I am at the "On the Edge Mission" and I have to build wheat fields as staple food. The process is very very slow in the hydroponics stage. Even supplying the needed resources, it takes forever!!

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Sat, 13. Mar 21, 20:50

Well I like the addition of this mechanic. Reminds me of Planetary Interaction in Eve Online only less passively played. It will seem tedious to some I am sure but for end game players like me it is something new for a while and I hope there is a way to keep it interesting or expand it. :thumb_up:

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sun, 14. Mar 21, 09:04

I like the idea of being able to train pilots as a reward for Terraforming, I guess sort of like setting up a Top Gun college somewhere. That would be genuinely useful particularly for those with modified games.

Repli
x4

Post by Repli » Sun, 14. Mar 21, 09:18

BigBANGtheory wrote:
Sun, 14. Mar 21, 09:04
I like the idea of being able to train pilots as a reward for Terraforming, I guess sort of like setting up a Top Gun college somewhere. That would be genuinely useful particularly for those with modified games.
Hey!
Maybe I misunderstand you, but this is already possible as "reward" for terraforming :)

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Sun, 14. Mar 21, 20:31

So my impression as an EndGamer is I like the activity as something new a bit like Planetary Interaction in Eve Online. First couple of projects went fine, a bit tedious compared to P.I. and then, well the Atiya's Misfortune project is just pointless in my view. I lost interest after a few days of it just starting over and over and over. No point, no reward worth the drudgery of that project. I can say after finishing two and attempting the last that I am unlikely to engage in the activity any further. Not interesting enough to keep at it.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 16. Mar 21, 16:18

MHDriver wrote:
Sun, 14. Mar 21, 20:31
So my impression as an EndGamer is I like the activity as something new a bit like Planetary Interaction in Eve Online. First couple of projects went fine, a bit tedious compared to P.I. and then, well the Atiya's Misfortune project is just pointless in my view. I lost interest after a few days of it just starting over and over and over. No point, no reward worth the drudgery of that project. I can say after finishing two and attempting the last that I am unlikely to engage in the activity any further. Not interesting enough to keep at it.
I see it as more of a role playing feature (As in I take over the sector and am now building up an empire so to speak). However, having more people on the planet does benefit you with bonuses to getting workers on your stations. Also, I am not so sure about some of the terraforming options, they seem to give some kind of bonuses but I am not sure how they work.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 01:33

EmperorDragon wrote:
Fri, 29. Jan 21, 14:53
Reduced Xenon activity - I want the opposite. I am actually trying to coax them into building up their numbers and attack me. Still a viable reward I suppose.
This what I want also... By the time you Terraform their no longer a threat anyways... I rather create a thread I mean is that not
Spoiler
Show
actually how the Xenon were born?

Return to “X4: Foundations”