A simple question about V4.00 (Ventures)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dtpsprt
x4

Re: A simple question about V4.00 (Ventures)

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 18:35

Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 17:44
What? Yes I am and yes it is. I have 3 fully stocked ship yards with multiple fabs, including the PHQ, and I just finished terraforming in Getsu Fune. I'm not having any problems with resource management. I could crank out a dozen carriers right now if I wanted. Destroyers are nothing.
Judging by the size of what you are saying (and have no reason to doubt it) you obviously started before Beta 8/9 where the nerfing took place. My concerns (and objections) are for games that will start in X4 V4.0 (not Beta) in two weeks time... At that time trying to "bag" the 3100 Nividium needed for the "original" research and first Mass Teleportation it will be a massive (if not impossible) task...

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 18:54

dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 18:35
Vertigo 7 wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 17:44
What? Yes I am and yes it is. I have 3 fully stocked ship yards with multiple fabs, including the PHQ, and I just finished terraforming in Getsu Fune. I'm not having any problems with resource management. I could crank out a dozen carriers right now if I wanted. Destroyers are nothing.
Judging by the size of what you are saying (and have no reason to doubt it) you obviously started before Beta 8/9 where the nerfing took place. My concerns (and objections) are for games that will start in X4 V4.0 (not Beta) in two weeks time... At that time trying to "bag" the 3100 Nividium needed for the "original" research and first Mass Teleportation it will be a massive (if not impossible) task...
Again, what? Did you miss the post where I just said mining efficiency was increased in the last beta? That's beta 9. Go play it, see for yourself. You don't have to take my word for it. Sure, prior to b9 methane was a little difficult to come by and I wasn't able to run all of my graphene refineries constantly. That isn't the case now.

There's 2 direct factors in play for that 1) they improved how miners gather resources, 2) they made it so that L and XL ships jump at the gates to the next sector instead of needing to fly directly through the gate. Both factors combined, I saw a marked increase in overall mining resource gathering. Now, all of my refineries have full stocks on solid and liquid resources and I'm no longer exceeding resource availability.

Nvidium isn't hard to come by either. I just setup a storage allocation and buy order for 150k units of Nvidium on my PHQ and let my miners do their thing. Didn't take long to fill and they'll refill it anytime I use any. Gives me plenty to use anytime I need.

Like I said, the economy changes were not nearly as drastic as some made them out to be. But again, you don't have to take my word for it. Go play it yourself.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 18:55

dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 18:35
At that time trying to "bag" the 3100 Nividium needed for the "original" research and first Mass Teleportation it will be a massive (if not impossible) task...
It's definately not impossible. I started a new save yesterday and finally got my personnel frigate (Split Wyvern). While doing some missions in my scout the Wyvern mined ~900 units Nividium in my usual spot @Hatikvahs Choice III. Doing that with 4 miners & stockpiling the goods should be doable.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Return to “X4: Foundations”