Playing/Streaming X4: Foundations for the first time

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

yogdog433

Playing/Streaming X4: Foundations for the first time

Post by yogdog433 » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 11:58

Hello everyone, hope you're well today and having a great weekend so far.

I realize this is very cheeky of me considering it's my first time here in the forums; I've checked the rules and don't think I'm breaking any rules by posting, but if I am I'm really sorry. I fully intend to be here more in the future as I'm sure I'll have a billion questions about the game and how to play it.

My name is Yogdog, I'm a small streamer and I'm going to be streaming some X4: Foundations for the next 10 hours, for the first time; Egosoft were incredibly generous and gifted me a copy of the game. I'll be going through the tutorials first and then making my first foray into the universe.

The last X game I played was X3: Terran Conflict which was one of my favourite games of my childhood so I'm pretty excited to give it a go, I never was able to board the Paranid Hyperion in the past or even use boarding well but instead got into the biggest ship I could and went hunting Xenon. Kha'ak were more of a problem though.

If anyone wants to pop in and come watch and laugh at how terrible I am or offer some advice I'd be really grateful. Thanks for reading and have a great weekend :) https://www.twitch.tv/yogdog

Y-llian
x4

Re: Playing/Streaming X4: Foundations for the first time

Post by Y-llian » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 15:10

Welcome to X4 and the forum.

We like to help if we can, do feel free to post questions. We also enjoy a good debate and you’ll find various corners on here where folk discuss, what spiced scruffin actually taste like to the granular intricacies of every aspect in the game.

Steam tells me that I have (coughs) nearly 1200 hours in the game and that’s small compared to others on here.

Word to the wise... Make sure you have snacks handy. One day I went without eating and tried some stale bofu I found in the cockpit. Goodness knows where it came from but don’t do that. Really, just don’t... So yes, err snacks!

Hope you have fun! :)

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 18:31

Y-llian wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 15:10
Steam tells me that I have (coughs) nearly 1200 hours in the game and that’s small compared to others on here.
Oh come on now, that just sounds condescending, 1200 hours is not "small" for this game.

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 18:59

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 18:31
Y-llian wrote:
Oh come on now, that just sounds condescending, 1200 hours is not "small" for this game.
My post was just meant to have some levity and fun to welcome a new poster. It’s hardly brimming with realism... Sorry if it came over condensing that certainly wasn’t the intention!

How about we just head to the bar and drink 1200 spacefuel shots?!

*stsrts slurring something about Borin*

yogdog433

Post by yogdog433 » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 22:51

Y-llian wrote:

We like to help if we can, do feel free to post questions. We also enjoy a good debate and you’ll find various corners on here where folk discuss, what spiced scruffin actually taste like to the granular intricacies of every aspect in the game.

Word to the wise... Make sure you have snacks handy. One day I went without eating and tried some stale bofu I found in the cockpit. Goodness knows where it came from but don’t do that. Really, just don’t... So yes, err snacks!

Thanks for the welcome! It was a fun experience and I had an incredible amount of enjoyment. I ended up playing for around 10.5 hours in the end. Blew myself up a few times as well!

Didn't sound condescending at all. Sounds like Europa Universalis IV with it's 1444 hours and the tutorial is over :)

Thanks for the welcome!

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 11:57

yogdog433 wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 22:51
Y-llian wrote:

Thanks for the welcome! It was a fun experience and I had an incredible amount of enjoyment. I ended up playing for around 10.5 hours in the end. Blew myself up a few times as well!

Didn't sound condescending at all. Sounds like Europa Universalis IV with it's 1444 hours and the tutorial is over :)

Thanks for the welcome!
Definitely was fun to watch.
Did you finish the PHQ quest?
You just started that one when I last looked.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 15:45

Y-llian wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 18:59
Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 18:31
Y-llian wrote:
My post was just meant to have some levity and fun to welcome a new poster. It’s hardly brimming with realism... Sorry if it came over condensing that certainly wasn’t the intention!

How about we just head to the bar and drink 1200 spacefuel shots?!

*stsrts slurring something about Borin*
Oh I'm so sorry, I totally misread your post, the way I misread it I thought you were saying you checked his Steam stats (not yours) and that he had 1200 hours in the game. That somehow this newcomer has 1200 hours playing X4, and you were saying it was small. What you actually wrote is not condescending at all! My bad.

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 18:28

Falcrack wrote:
Sun, 28. Feb 21, 15:45

Oh I'm so sorry, I totally misread your post, the way I misread it I thought you were saying you checked his Steam stats (not yours) and that he had 1200 hours in the game. That somehow this newcomer has 1200 hours playing X4, and you were saying it was small. What you actually wrote is not condescending at all! My bad.
No worries Falcrack - apology accepted! :) It's real easy to misread stuff, I've done it myself!

So, you up for that 1200 shot spacefuel challenge then? ;)

yogdog433

Post by yogdog433 » Sat, 6. Mar 21, 09:47

Roeleveld wrote:
Sun, 28. Feb 21, 11:57
yogdog433 wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 22:51
Y-llian wrote:

Thanks for the welcome!
Definitely was fun to watch.
Did you finish the PHQ quest?
You just started that one when I last looked.
I did later on in the week. Still getting to grips with the PHQ though.

Apologies for the late response! I only just saw the latest comments which is completely my fault. Appreciate you stopping by a few times during the week whilst I was playing more :)

yogdog433

Post by yogdog433 » Sat, 6. Mar 21, 09:48

Y-llian wrote:
Sun, 28. Feb 21, 18:28
Falcrack wrote:
Sun, 28. Feb 21, 15:45

No worries Falcrack - apology accepted! :) It's real easy to misread stuff, I've done it myself!

So, you up for that 1200 shot spacefuel challenge then? ;)
Sounds like a great time to me :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”