Trade Rule/Trading help!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

thebovin

Trade Rule/Trading help!

Post by thebovin » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 13:17

Can someone please explain, in detail, what they understand about the trade rules? I've scoured the entire net looking for a detailed description as the way it is setup is EXTREMELY vague. I want to setup my stations to produce goods for all my other stations, while selling excess for profit. I have 1 Shipyard that i want to use the goods that i produce to build ships, but that shipyard has an operational budget of over 270,000,000Cr which is REDICULUS lol.

Myrath
x4

Re: Trade Rule/Trading help!

Post by Myrath » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 11:34

Hi; Not in all that much detail, but :

I found that setting the resources amount sold and bought manually really helps with setting up the way I want it.
For example; say I add a hullparts factory near my capital :

- Build factory (ofcourse)
- Set amount of hullparts sold to everything above 0.
- You may consider setting trade relations on that station, to only trade (sell) the hullparts to your own faction. But I would not recommend it, as it is a good source of income.

On your main production facility you can set the purchase resource levels manually.
(I usually set a minimum buy stock and a sell stock). So everything is imported and exported to the levels I want.

You do this all in your station logical overview.

Bastelfred
x4

Re: Trade Rule/Trading help!

Post by Bastelfred » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 12:15

thebovin wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 13:17
Can someone please explain, in detail, what they understand about the trade rules? I've scoured the entire net looking for a detailed description as the way it is setup is EXTREMELY vague. I want to setup my stations to produce goods for all my other stations, while selling excess for profit. I have 1 Shipyard that i want to use the goods that i produce to build ships, but that shipyard has an operational budget of over 270,000,000Cr which is REDICULUS lol.
What exactly do you mean by trading rules?

There is a system to determine who can be traded with. These are trading rules.
You can set these rules for the whole station, they apply to all products. You can then exclude individual products. Or you can also create an extra trading rule for each product...

But if you want to sell certain products only up to a certain stock level, you turn off the automatic sales quantity, and manually set the limit up to which sales are allowed.

So which of these do you want to do?

You can mostly ignore the budget completely. It is only an estimate if you have to buy all the products you need from the AI.
If you produce everything yourself, the station doesn't need any money. Even if there are huge sums.

Return to “X4: Foundations”