[Suggestion] New Quest Acceptance

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

razoth
x4

[Suggestion] New Quest Acceptance

Post by razoth » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 16:46

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's just me, but for the Way I use the Questlog (active Quests), the behavior of the interface is annoying. When doing quests, I usally set the one I want to do right now on "active" and fly to the designated area. While on my way I accept all the quests on my way, that I consider worth doing. Here comes in my Pet Peeve: Every new quest I accept is set to "active", I have to go to my Questlog, search for the quest I was doing originally and reset the former to "active".

Edit: Even worse is, when your marker is set to a custom target, instead of a fixed mission, because now your target is just gone for good.

In my opinion accepting a new quest shouldn't override your acitve quest. After completion of one, maybe select the next/nearest/latest or whatever.

Better yet would be an option, in the Gamesettings, where you could choose, how new quests are handled.

X4 pilots out there! How do you handle this?
Last edited by razoth on Sun, 28. Feb 21, 02:04, edited 1 time in total.

Hero77
x4

Re: [Suggestion] New Quest Acceptance

Post by Hero77 » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 17:01

I am all for this since it seems like something that could be implemented pretty easy as a setting (as you suggested).
i7-5960X @4Ghz 8 Cores, RTX 2080 Founders Edition, 64GB DDR4 RAM

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 27. Feb 21, 18:28

Also in favor of this. Most times I do NOT want the new mission I've accepted to automatically become my active mission. This has been a bit of an annoyance for me too.

razoth
x4

Post by razoth » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 00:18

ok, I'm glad, that it's not just me :D

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 09:44

yes yes yes, please change this
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 12:04

Same here, but please make this a changeable setting.
I don't think making this optional makes it more work as it doesn't affect the simulation at all, just a QOL modifier.

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 13:54

I agree as well also too!
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 14:09

I'd like the default to be keeping your current guidance, but with a hotkey available or contextual click/button prompt to switch a newly-added mission to guidance.

Intergalactic domination is a long game, whose objectives cannot afford to be interrupted by every new task that comes one's way. :eg:
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 15:42

Definitely it's something the huge majority would want (me included). Unfortunately it was a standard feature of X3 so it got dumped along with it....

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 15:48

Kuertee did make a mod to fix this, so if you're not playing a vanilla save, it's the simplest/fastest solution right now. It would be nice if it were implemented in the base game, though. (Currently it does not work when your "active mission" is guidance, unfortunately.)

The other thing I'd like to see is some kind of block against accidentally taking a faction mission if you already have one, since you can only have one faction mission in your list at a time. (Alternatively, allow multiple faction missions.)
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

razoth
x4

Post by razoth » Sun, 28. Feb 21, 18:32

JoeVN09 wrote:
Sun, 28. Feb 21, 14:09
I'd like the default to be keeping your current guidance, but with a hotkey available or contextual click/button prompt to switch a newly-added mission to guidance.

[...]
Also a great suggestion, I think.
kmunoz wrote:
Sun, 28. Feb 21, 15:48

Kuertee did make a mod to fix this, so if you're not playing a vanilla save, it's the simplest/fastest solution right now. It would be nice if it were implemented in the base game, though. (Currently it does not work when your "active mission" is guidance, unfortunately.)

The other thing I'd like to see is some kind of block against accidentally taking a faction mission if you already have one, since you can only have one faction mission in your list at a time. (Alternatively, allow multiple faction missions.)
Totally agree with your second point about guild missions, happened to me a few times and confused me very much the first time.

How much I like a mod with those kind of comfort features, for me atleast, depends on the changes made to ventures in the comming patch. On 3.XX I could definatly live without that feature and it's rewards. But I have hopes it gets more interesting with it's rework.

Or maybe, if egosoft creates a whitelist and allows you to install some curated, non-balance-changing mods this time around (I don't think so).

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 07:50

razoth wrote:
Sat, 27. Feb 21, 16:46
In my opinion accepting a new quest shouldn't override your acitve quest. After completion of one, maybe select the next/nearest/latest or whatever.
Yes, yesterday I was doing the HAT plot and was just about to dock at the HAT Trade Station when I spotted a Footshortages mission. I accepted the mission, then Betty said something like "Mission deactivated. New Mission activated." and guidance to Reen was gone. Very annoying.

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 08:19

razoth wrote:
Sun, 28. Feb 21, 18:32
JoeVN09 wrote:
Sun, 28. Feb 21, 14:09

[...]
Also a great suggestion, I think.
kmunoz wrote:

Totally agree with your second point about guild missions, happened to me a few times and confused me very much the first time.

How much I like a mod with those kind of comfort features, for me atleast, depends on the changes made to ventures in the comming patch. On 3.XX I could definatly live without that feature and it's rewards. But I have hopes it gets more interesting with it's rework.

Or maybe, if egosoft creates a whitelist and allows you to install some curated, non-balance-changing mods this time around (I don't think so).
I think X2 had the concept of "signed" mods which wouldn't mark the game as modified. Those were curated by Egosoft.
The mod introducing marines to operate the turrets and making them far more effective was one of those.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 7. Mar 21, 14:16

kmunoz wrote:
...The other thing I'd like to see is some kind of block against accidentally taking a faction mission if you already have one, since you can only have one faction mission in your list at a time. (Alternatively, allow multiple faction missions.),,,
already done. you're allowed multiple faction missions.
I just haven't released it yet.

I just set my game to use the 4.00 beta 10 this afternoon - and successfully updated my UI Extensions mod - which 90% of my mod uses.
just playing the game now for the next week to find anything else that i need to fix.
so far with creating a new game, loading a game with a young galaxy and loading a game with a median-age galaxy, all my mods seem to work. :)
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Sun, 7. Mar 21, 15:45

I 100% agree with this suggestion. I was just about to write a question to ask if this was possible already.

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 7. Mar 21, 16:01

Because i've jumped on this late, here's my mod that addresses this:

Accept Missions For Later Button: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/590

It requires Sir Nuke's Mod Support API mod.
Mods: RPG: Reputations and Professions, Social Standings and Citizenships, Crime has Consequences, Alternatives to Death. Missions/NPCs: Emergent Missions, NPC Reactions, Mod Parts Trader, High-sec Rooms are Locked, Hacking Outcomes, More Generic Missions, Waypoint Fields for Deployment. Others: Auto-cam, Friendly Fire Tweaks, Teleport From Transporter Room, Wear and Tear. QoL: Trade Analytics, Loot Mining, Ship Scanner, Signal Leak Hunter, Station Scanner, Surface Element Targeting, etc.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Sun, 7. Mar 21, 16:41

kuertee wrote:
Sun, 7. Mar 21, 14:16
I just set my game to use the 4.00 beta 10 this afternoon - and successfully updated my UI Extensions mod - which 90% of my mod uses.
just playing the game now for the next week to find anything else that i need to fix.
That's exciting news! I look forward to turning your mods back on! (I was having some trouble with missing text and glitches in Extensions Options.)

kuertee
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by kuertee » Sun, 7. Mar 21, 17:34

kmunoz wrote:
Sun, 7. Mar 21, 16:41
kuertee wrote:
Sun, 7. Mar 21, 14:16
That's exciting news! I look forward to turning your mods back on! (I was having some trouble with missing text and glitches in Extensions Options.)
new game? that's a known bug in Sir Nuke's Mod Support APIs.
you need to save then reload the game. or issue the "/reloadui" command in the command console.

alessandrofavero
x4

Post by alessandrofavero » Sun, 7. Mar 21, 19:36

translated with Google

1) You avoid creating an entry at the level of game settings so as not to make them too complex but I absolutely agree that when you accept a new mission, it does NOT replace the previous mission

2) It would be nice to be able to accept more than one faction mission at a time ... that would be a very welcome change, imho

tradotto con google

1) Eviteri di creare una voce a livello di impostazioni del gioco per non renderele troppo complesse ma sono assolutamente d'accordo nel far si che quando si accetta una nuova missione, questa NON sostituisca la missione precedente

2) Sarebbe bello poter accettare più di una missione di fazione alla volta... sarebbe un cambiamento molto positivo, imho
Ci sono 10 tipi di persone, chi capisce il codice binario e chi non lo capisce!!!
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz, 24576MB RAM, MB ASUS TUF, NVIDIA Originale GeForce RTX 3070TI, Dedicated Memory: 8Gb

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Mon, 8. Mar 21, 02:28

kuertee wrote:
Sun, 7. Mar 21, 17:34
new game? that's a known bug in Sir Nuke's Mod Support APIs.
you need to save then reload the game. or issue the "/reloadui" command in the command console.
Yes, a new game, but then saved and reloaded. Back with 3.3 that workaround was fine, but recently in the beta that workaround hasn't solved the problem.

I'm also getting some ==ReadText23423443== type issues (not sure of the exact format) that I think are associated with your station scanner or data leak mod. That issue is showing up in Extensions Options and also in the auto-generated missions that get created when you're in scan mode near a station.

Return to “X4: Foundations”