Is my "ejectchance" math correct?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grapedog
x4

Is my "ejectchance" math correct?

Post by grapedog » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 01:36

<set_value name="$ejectchance" exact="( (46 - $target.combinedskill / 5) * [(($target.maxhull)f / [($attacker.maxhull)f, 1.0].max), 1.0].min * [(($attacker.shieldpercentage + $attacker.hullpercentage) / [($target.shieldpercentage + $target.hullpercentage), 1.0].max), 1.0].min )i"/>

----------

Since i don't see it here, the "target.combinedskill" value is calculated elsewhere. We will leave that alone for now. For ease of math, we will assume that a max skill pilot(5 stars across 5 skills) returns a value of 1, after dividing by 5, to leave us with 45% base chance. So, back to ejection...

First line ...
(45% (base)) minus the targets (combined skills divided by 5), for starting eject chance.

Second line ...
Multiply that by (Target max hull) divided by (attacker max hull)

Third line ...
Multiply that again by (attacker shield % + hull %) divided by (target shield % + hull %)

That second line of target max hull vs attacker max hull makes me think that having an overall smaller hull size is a benefit. If you have 25k hull versus 25k hull, thats a single division, 1. If you have a 25k hull attacked by a 5k hull, that leaves you with 5, which is a much bigger multiplier.

(Just throwing numbers out for max hull...)

45% x (25k(target) / 5k(attacker)) x (100%(attacker) / 40%(target)

Im getting that 40% as a rough estimate of a target ship being at 0% shield and 80% hull

Using those numbers, you'd get a bail chance of around 5.6%... But that is a 5 star max pilot, with 80% hull. Without knowing how "target.combinedskill" is calculated we can't play with that further. If 46% is base, some part of the other 54% is up for grabs, but I don't know how much. If we assume we can increase that 46% to say 65%, that 5% becomes 8%.

-----
Now, max hull plays a pretty big roll. We look at 2 scenarios... first, if its a 25k versus 25k ship, gives us a result of 1. The second instance is a 25k ship versus a 5k ship, gives us a 5.

in the first instance a max star pilot has a 1.1% chance to bail in an equal ship, versus a 6% chance to bail against the smaller ship, while keeping shields at zero and hull at 80%.

If we adjust numbers again, and only change the "targets shield and hull" versus "attacker shield and hull", and put the target at 50% hull and no shield versus the attacker at 100% on both, that gives us a 4 multiplier, instead of a 2.5 multiplier.

A max 5 star pilot(45% base) with 50% hull, and no shield, flying a 25k hull ship, has a 9% chance to bail versus a 5k hull, and a 1.8% chance against an equal hull.
A weaker pilot(with 65% base) with 50% hull, and no shield, flying a 25k hull ship, has a 13% chance to bail versus a 5k hull, and a 2.6% chance against an equal hull.

----------------------------
Is my math correct, or am I off somewhere?

And knowing how target.combinedskill is calculated would really help, because I've made a lot of pilots bail, and only ran into a handful who didn't bail and either died eventually, or made it to a dock. So there is a decent chunk of that remaining 54% that is up for grabs when trying to make pilots bail.

I'd love some help.

Return to “X4: Foundations”