xenon game start

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

superdave001
x4

xenon game start

Post by superdave001 » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 02:03

ok so i know the story so far... and i sort of understand why, but...
what has egosoft never given us the ability to start as xenon and just try and roll over everything?
i mean, they would have to make an economy for them i know but still, id play the sh t out of it.

Jeraal
x4

Re: xenon game start

Post by Jeraal » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 02:08

I'd love that as well.
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 02:50

The xenon have an economy,

Solar power plants produce energy, combined with miners delivering ore and silicon can produce ships at shipyards.

I think the biggest issue is making it playable, this would require Xenon “npc” to trade and talk too. New ways to transfer to ships as Xenon ships don’t have docks.
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

Vertigo 7
x4

Post by Vertigo 7 » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 03:43

Aren't they a hive mind AI? Wouldn't think it'd be much different than playing as Zerg in Star Craft.

They do have docks, btw. I have an I that I captured way back when that was possible and have docked it at my stations. I just can't teleport to it and fly it personally as there's no bridge.
The Future is Progressive!
rebellionpac.com
Fight white supremacy, fight corporate influence, fight for the rights of all peoples!

abisha1980
x4

Post by abisha1980 » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 07:23

their is also the problem of UI the devs never made a first person view for xenon ships (would not makes sense to be honest)

after all they should be no cockpit they are entire made of software hardware (and that gives a other problem interaction with the station)
Retail investor, η+18,9% 2022 (η+7.1% 2023) (η+0,74 2024) 95% in bonds.
Young people don't be freaking stupid invest also (not in BTC but in real stocks)

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 08:20

abisha1980 wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 07:23
their is also the problem of UI the devs never made a first person view for xenon ships (would not makes sense to be honest)

after all they should be no cockpit they are entire made of software hardware (and that gives a other problem interaction with the station)
Those would be great combat drones though. Faster and more deadly then the current variety.

SwizzleStick86
x4

Post by SwizzleStick86 » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 23:02

Since the Xenon are AI and no biological form, don't make a bridge or allow the character to walk around. Be fixed in the "cockpit" which would really just be a front facing camera, and when you change ships instead o walking or teleporting, you just transfer your AI to the new ship (modified teleport lol). And as such, don't allow the xenon player to pilot other ships (could use ex use the computer systems won't support the AI)
"It can only be attributable to human error."
-HAL 9000

Return to “X4: Foundations”