Station Manager's orders for traders seems broken?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Miravlix
x4

Station Manager's orders for traders seems broken?

Post by Miravlix » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 06:16

I have a station Manager and 10 Traders, now the station gets low on something and now all the traders is told to trade ONLY that one item, so the entire station break down. Why won't the manager trade the entire range of goods or at least update to add other resources out of stock?

My HQ is doing Terraforming quests, so every step involves extreme demands and the station keeps not wanting to trade food, so I lose all my workforce (Unless NPC traders is fast enough).

Sure Sunrise Flowers is in high demand on the station due to terraforming, but why is Food at 0 in stock not being added to the allowed trade list?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Station Manager's orders for traders seems broken?

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 09:07

This is due to the wares becoming what I like to refer to as "critical wares" which all subordinate traders then fixate on. This has existed since before 3.00 and I do agree that it would be nice if there was an option to turn it off for specific stations since with some stations it can be counter productive to their operation.

Roeleveld
x4

Post by Roeleveld » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 09:19

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 09:07
This is due to the wares becoming what I like to refer to as "critical wares" which all subordinate traders then fixate on. This has existed since before 3.00 and I do agree that it would be nice if there was an option to turn it off for specific stations since with some stations it can be counter productive to their operation.
I would expect food and medical supplies to be extra critical for stations containing staff.
And items that are needed 2nd on the list

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 11:00

Think it's the vast quantities of stuff needed for terraforming that triggers critical ware status & gives it a higher priority than food etc. Currently building Arcologies so for my HQ it's Adv Electronics - absolutely obsessed with the stuff, can't get enough. Even with 30 production modules running flat out to make them (18 at HQ & another 12 recently tacked onto another station). Ended up removing almost all of my HQ's freighters & reassigning them to my other stations, which now transport intermediates (including food etc) to HQ & take away high tech components for sale through a couple of trade stations.

Miravlix
x4

Post by Miravlix » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 17:50

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 11:00
Think it's the vast quantities of stuff needed for terraforming that triggers critical ware status & gives it a higher priority than food etc. Currently building Arcologies so for my HQ it's Adv Electronics - absolutely obsessed with the stuff, can't get enough. Even with 30 production modules running flat out to make them (18 at HQ & another 12 recently tacked onto another station). Ended up removing almost all of my HQ's freighters & reassigning them to my other stations, which now transport intermediates (including food etc) to HQ & take away high tech components for sale through a couple of trade stations.
Yeah, Delivery does seem like some kind of workaround, as long as the delivery station isn't going into "critical" resource mode. Especially with own faction only blacklist, but I use a few "trade stations" to distribute goods to the entire universe and my trade stations could still grab the high demand goods and then turn around and sell it to everyone and I really hope the "correct" way to play isn't to lockdown all your production to self only.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 18:29

Miravlix wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 17:50
Yeah, Delivery does seem like some kind of workaround, as long as the delivery station isn't going into "critical" resource mode. Especially with own faction only blacklist, but I use a few "trade stations" to distribute goods to the entire universe and my trade stations could still grab the high demand goods and then turn around and sell it to everyone and I really hope the "correct" way to play isn't to lockdown all your production to self only.
I'm using a combination of trade rules & blacklists to prevent my external traders & internal logistics ships from interacting & selling the wrong cargo to the wrong faction. Biggest problem I had was that my HQ was also my only Food & Meds producer, so when I started terraforming & it got all obsessive about Adv Electronics (etc) several of my smaller stations starved. Shifting my internal logistics away from the HQ has certainly helped with that, but I'm not taking any chances with losing workforce again. Currently in the process of building a dedicated Energy, Food & Meds production station as backup: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zw2dr3t9siegq ... 1.jpg?dl=0.

Return to “X4: Foundations”