Ship information in second window

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hupf
x4

Ship information in second window

Post by Hupf » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 15:34

After tediously managing ship settings in a fleet by jumping back and forth between the (left-hand-side) "my property" and the (left hand side) "information" panel for each ship, I was today years old when I learned that you can open a second information pane on the right like this:

https://i.imgur.com/1xhzX7a.png

One suggestion in this regard: my workflow has been right-clicking on each ship in the list and selecting "Information" from the context menu. Would it be more desireable to prefer opening the second/right-hand-side pane automatically in that case?
Last edited by CBJ on Mon, 1. Mar 21, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oversized image replaced with link
Verstand ist das, was am gerechtesten unter den Menschen verteilt ist. Jeder glaubt, er hätte genug davon.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Ship information in second window

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 15:52

Hupf wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 15:34
Would it be more desireable to prefer opening the second/right-hand-side pane automatically in that case?
Not necessarily. There are circumstances where I prefer to have ship info open on the left-hand side & filter settings open on the right, particularly when I'm setting up trade runs for my ships. Need to have quick access to the filter settings in such situations so I can adjust which wares are shown, minimum volume, etc (the good trades near each ship often vary a fair bit depending on where each ship is). Could be frustrating if the right-hand side automatically switched to ship info every time I selected a new ship, I'd then have to manually select ship info on the left & switch the right back to filters.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 16:04

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 15:52
Hupf wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 15:34
Would it be more desireable to prefer opening the second/right-hand-side pane automatically in that case?
Not necessarily. There are circumstances where I prefer to have ship info open on the left-hand side & filter settings open on the right, particularly when I'm setting up trade runs for my ships. Need to have quick access to the filter settings in such situations so I can adjust which wares are shown, minimum volume, etc (the good trades near each ship often vary a fair bit depending on where each ship is). Could be frustrating if the right-hand side automatically switched to ship info every time I selected a new ship, I'd then have to manually select ship info on the left & switch the right back to filters.
Agree. I think it is a great option to have but I prefer default as is. In a far future perhaps Egosoft could move into a window based ui, letting us have as many windows open as we would like and placed where we want.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 16:14

Can this right-hand-side Info window be toggled by a keybind ? I couldn't find anything relevant in the settings !

Return to “X4: Foundations”