preparing myself to the upcoming changes

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mediacenter
x4

preparing myself to the upcoming changes

Post by mediacenter » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 21:41

i dont play the beta and im a little confused about the changes that will be introduced in 4.0 patch and dlc

i have few station, not mega complex but 4 medium size self sufficient factory with only the necessary (maybe more than needed) L miners
almost 200 rattlesnake scattered among the universe in fleet of 20 each and another 80 more destroyer and carrier of every race

i read here and there that there will be some changes in mining and workforce (i dont have any) and something abut oos battle change

can someone explain to me in detail whats new and what i have to do to hold my ground when the patch hits

i mostly focused on piracy and every ship i have was stolen, the factory i have build serve only the purpose to supply faction shipyard and then steal anything was built in

they nerf the ratty? what kind of penalty i have for not having workforce? mining requaring more ships?, do i need to cover space with probe?
as i say, trading and mining its not my focus and i really cant care less about less efficency, but that depends on how hard it hits
if reduce my complex to useless junk i totally want to revise my plan

other than that, i have to catch more miners in order to catch up whit the more demanding mining op (if thats true ofc)

boarding news?

chew-ie
x4

Re: preparing myself to the upcoming changes

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 23:05

mediacenter wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 21:41
i have few station, not mega complex but 4 medium size self sufficient factory with only the necessary (maybe more than needed) L miners
almost 200 rattlesnake scattered among the universe in fleet of 20 each and another 80 more destroyer and carrier of every race
I'd say with those assets you'll still steamroll everything X4 is able to throw at you.

1 L miner per mining spot is enough to crush all Kha'ak attacks. At least my Wyvern is mining Nvidium while scrapping your usual 10 Kha'ak ship spawn without even getting a dent to the shields.

But that doesn't really matter because ... 200 rattlesnakes... :lol:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 23:13

I would not worry too much. I moved a 3.30 save to beta and it is nothing you really need to prepare for as you can fix anything that no longer might be working optimally. My Rattlesnake fleets still hold back the Xenon with no losses and my stations still make me a ton of money.

You will need to get workforce for your stations and set up a sizeable food production to sustain them. You may also need to deploy resource probes and build more miners to keep your mining stations, and possibly the rest of the universe, sustained. If your mining is remote you may want a small fleet of fast S/M ships to defend against the Kahak. All of these are things you do not really need to prepare for in advance, and instead can just take them as you encounter them. If you have many millions of credits you will not find yourself suddenly broke, lose everything or stop earning money.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 23:37

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 23:13
All of these are things you do not really need to prepare for in advance, and instead can just take them as you encounter them.
This. No, I don't play beta. I'd rather explore the events as they unfold, but sadly I've visited this Forum. :oops:

That said, some premonition has made me stop all operations and pull all my assets to one spot (gray sector far away). If there is kamikaze, then it can wipe all clean with one strike. Would not matter; I got them and can do it again. I have just one Rattlesnake, but I don't worry.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 23:41

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 1. Mar 21, 23:13
I would not worry too much. I moved a 3.30 save to beta and it is nothing you really need to prepare for as you can fix anything that no longer might be working optimally. My Rattlesnake fleets still hold back the Xenon with no losses and my stations still make me a ton of money.

You will need to get workforce for your stations and set up a sizeable food production to sustain them. You may also need to deploy resource probes and build more miners to keep your mining stations, and possibly the rest of the universe, sustained. If your mining is remote you may want a small fleet of fast S/M ships to defend against the Kahak. All of these are things you do not really need to prepare for in advance, and instead can just take them as you encounter them. If you have many millions of credits you will not find yourself suddenly broke, lose everything or stop earning money.
exept for one sector sieged by rhak, xenon are no more, if the new coh sector rapresent a problem i can totally call the fleet and burn everithing to the ground

i usually add ship on base 5, so all my station have 5 miner L (2 gas and 3 mineral) for now
they are all self sufficient
1 advanced electronic with 5 production modules
1 turret production with 10 production modules
1 weapon production with 5 production modules
1 hull parts with 5 production modules

so all in all not big factory at all, i have captured another 10 wyvern just in case but i really wanna know what kind of debuff you get from not having workforce, i absolute hate building, so freaking slow and painfull but i hate more having something that doesnt work properly

i mean a -20% efficency its fine, - 50% its stupid and i need to work something out
i just dont know for now what are the exact number

Cybertrigger
x4

Post by Cybertrigger » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 20:37

if your sations just barely produce enough then they consume for manufacturing other things then you might need to recheck stuff when that update goes live.
the workforce can be like 30% more needed then before along with that would go food and medication is more needed.
you maybe need to put on more production sections to be able to counter the downgrade of produced things.

that was things to keep things like they are for you now more or less.
if you want to do terraforming then most likely you need to produce quite massive amounts more of products and have alot of storage capacity to have those things all in your player HQ,
The player HQ would need also a S/M shipyard to build drons if you would be inclined to do terraforming.

At the moment the terraforming doesnt seem to have much of an impact, biggest i have seen is depending on how many people live on a planet (you build the living space and can raise it more and more ) there is a boost in workforce you gain in that sector.
there are also trainings that can be done and repeated in the terraforming menu and people would be then on your HQ as passengers listed from those trainings which you can hire for your ships/stations.
money gain wise terraforming is currently more of a money pit and you wouldnt make a profit really.

in short if you barely produce enough to cover your consumption of things you most likely need to upgrade your stations.
changes for the ore distribution can result in your miners running around barely collecting things and your factory can come to a stand still because of a lack of basic resources.
resource probes are your friend and you should scatter around a good amount along the ore/gas areas of a sector.
ignore terraforming if you want to make money with it.

mediacenter
x4

Post by mediacenter » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 20:55

im not interested in terraforming

hope that building calculators get updated fast

Cybertrigger
x4

Post by Cybertrigger » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 22:43

mediacenter wrote:
Tue, 2. Mar 21, 20:55
hope that building calculators get updated fast
same here, i started during the beta a new game with a new Mega HQ and the differences that a calculator is telling me and what the game shows me are sometimes a bit scary especially workforce wise.
as example calculator had shown 138.000 workforce would be needed, ingame now it tells me 190.000 would be needed, that is without even having planned in food and medication production for a workforce.
in case of factories to cover what was shown i needed in alot of cases build 1-5 more factories to do the same work but ok its a megafactory which just needs raw resources and could produce any kind of ship in the end.

overall if you skip the terraforming then the ore part can be an issue, have seen more then once L miners with 1 digit values of ore transported which is so stupid.
khaak also can be an issue from what i have seen, you mentioned you got a good amount of ships which you maybe need to defend different sectors that those over time arent wiped out.
that i assume is tricky since they most likely are hostile towards you because of the piracy.
if you want to do piracy you need others to survive and transport cargo back and forth that you can steal.

Return to “X4: Foundations”