Question for Team EGOSOFT

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr.Killer
x4

Question for Team EGOSOFT

Post by Mr.Killer » Mon, 1. Mar 21, 22:06

Hi,
Good job so far, like what you did, and of course now is coming something you might not like, or is it????

I had an mediocre relation with Zyarth, and even though I cleared two connecting sectors from Xenon, thought I did it again after Xenon stepped right back in, so I went in and cleaned up.
I kept Family Nhuut for myself this time, and of course put an armada at both connecting portals to Xenon space, but when I was focusing on building my station and other things, stupid Zyarthonians who actually get in the way when an armada of about 200 ships are firing at Xenon little pesks, get shot.

Result: Zyarth -12

Now, Why is there no person or identity from this faction that tries to restore the peace between our races? Why do I have to do this?
Is there room in future development for such an action, that they call you, you contact them, only you, no fleet or support can land as an exception at the designated station and start a dialogue?

I hope they will, because this way we can flow up and down in relations and if we can invite a faction to talk.... would be awesome, make demands etc.... think about it.....
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

nemo1887
x4

Re: Question for Team EGOSOFT

Post by nemo1887 » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 21:34

it’s called diplomacy!! , but a real one that exists!!

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Wed, 3. Mar 21, 09:39

Yeah, diplomacy of some sort ought to be implemented now that the player faction is regarded as a legit faction that can own territory and wipe out other factions.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 18:56

Gentlemen, if it was diplomacy, I would not bother you with this question and could take care of it myself, but since there is none except binary rule war = 1 / something in between = 0 and that in between is also very shady....
So often do we want to keep good relations, and I personally avoid to get in between skirmishes because you would not want to accidentally hit a friendly, let them fight their own fights.

I hope the EGOSOFT team will implement such actions, ingame factions bother you with impossible missions, or missions that inflict harm on diplomatic level with another friendly, and I pass on that.

This really needs re-thinking, so I hope diplomatic actions on the level I described before, are gonna enter the game.
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Return to “X4: Foundations”