My X4 Wishlist/Dreamsheet/thoughts

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wtfdidibuy
x4

My X4 Wishlist/Dreamsheet/thoughts

Post by wtfdidibuy » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 10:19

Hey X4 players and maybe devs if you read this. I have assembled my X4 suggestions/Wishlist

I have been playing on B9 i have 800 hours in the game. Also some of these things might actually have some kind of implementation in game already i definitely do not know all the mechanics in the game and there are some things i am still unclear about

Stations
-Station Managers repair their subordinates at repair docks and wharfs in the trading range.
-Be able to set a hard limit on station account balance
-More PHQs it would be cool if there were racial PHQs you could unlock or that were unlocked through story or could be found derelict in space
-Command Module Sometimes I want to just look at pretty ships fly around. The Command module would look something out of some sci fi series lots windows all around consoles with crew doing unknown tasks some kind of map table in the middle that you could use to bring up the map and issue orders to your empire
-Stations producing wares needed for construction should automatically dump what is needed into build storage

Sectors
-Sector Ownership needs more depth. I need to be able to do more than restrict wares. I know this isn't very helpful as I have no suggestions but just my 2 cents.
-I think some resource rebalancing might be needed. Some factions lose a single system and their entire economy gets destroyed because they can't get any ore for example.

Ships
-More Classes of Ships =)
-More Ships =)
-More Variants =)
- I think Frigates, Gunboats and Corvettes need some love. I think they are a little too fragile.
-Aux needs a bigger hold

Fleets
-*Big Wish* I think ships when assigned to fleets should have more complex behavior then attack and defend and intercept. For example fighters would have an order hierarchy like 1) Fight other Fighters 2) Intercept missiles 3)Attack M Ships 4) Attack Capital Hardpoints. Ships would take into account distance to target and such before choosing what to do. Frigates and Gunboats could be assigned a role of screen ships engaging in and anti fighter anti missile behavior ETC ETC i think i made the point. Additionally players could rearrange the order hierarchy.
- Fleet Commanders without an aux should send ships for repairs to ships yards and wharfs

MISC
-More factions like some interstellar organizations that span the universe and trade with everyone
-Cargo drones recovering wares in space is stupid and takes forever
-Be Able to end wars
- I want to be able to gift ships to factions to help bring them back
-Enable bars on all NPC stations and pack them with NPC so we can find and hire 2 and 3 star pilots so don't have to run around an entire station
-Ships that are assigned to do tasks but are not doing them should state why they are not doing them in the behavior menu. Like if a mining ships has no storage in the station in the behaviors tab it should say no storage available under the automine order
-Explore command i want to tell a ships to go explore and it does its own thing jumping from system to system. Hell i would even be happy if it was connected to pilot skill like a 1 star sucks and misses stations but a 5 star finds everything and drops satellites
-Prospector command with the changes coming to mining and resource probes it would be nice if your could send a ships to go find big deposits of stuff

Lastly i would love a sever side client so i can run a universe on a server and play with friends but i know that is a pipe dream lol

Falcrack
x4

Re: My X4 Wishlist/Dreamsheet/thoughts

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 16:25

As to sector ownership, my dream would be to have it so that any NPC stations inside your owned sectors would have to pay you a portion of their sales in taxes. Another incentive to sector ownership would be that if you are located in a sector owned by another faction, you would have to pay that faction a percentage of your sales in taxes, so it would incentivize you to either become a sector owner, or to settle in unowned sectors, in order to avoid paying taxes. On the flip side, these unowned sectors would have the disadvantage of low workforce availability.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 18:22

Something that came to me the other day is the ability to deconstruct stations you own or have shutdown via some mechanism in order to recover wares/materials and rebuild.

For me this answers the problem of when I my mistakes with my stations that I later want to correct I have a means to do so without just destroying it, but also for Egosoft that want to make game balance changes (like Solar Radiation) it gives players a means to adapt with their saved games rather than being robbed i.e. allows for more game flexibility

Prosik
x3tc

Post by Prosik » Tue, 2. Mar 21, 19:17

As far as taxes go I disagree, The purpose of a tax has to be justifiable and in the current framework there isn't a valid reason for it.
If for instance your stations would be defended by the faction who you pay taxes to then maybe but as for the above its non-existent.
The price for plot purchase can be very expensive depending on the sector and that you can pretend includes the tax if you will.

In my current Beta 9 game I am getting harassed by police in two sectors which a minimum of one police ship at both stations one in each sector.
I consider that a tax :) They are killing my customers and dropping laser towers and destroying friendly towers.
One sells graphene and the other sells refined metal and silicon wafers. In Argon Prime and The Reach. Meanwhile my
silicon wafer production in Antigone Memorial is mostly left alone even though Argon police the sector.

Teleported the PHQ to Heretics end and had three different police pestering my units even though I "owned" the sector. So I am still paying a tax :p
ANT, ARG, and MIN. Occasionally FRF would come around. In addition SCA became hostile across the entire map. I did not destroy
any SCA ships or stations where the station landed.

Return to “X4: Foundations”