[Suggestion] Eliminate Loot Box Collection - Eliminate upgrade crafting tables.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

taztaz502
x4

Re: [Suggestion] Eliminate Loot Box Collection - Eliminate upgrade crafting tables.

Post by taztaz502 » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 16:36

Also what they need to do is stop "Rerolls" costing upgrade components, like shields. you can reroll a shield as many times as you like and just pay the money. This should be the same for everything.

Or.... make shields like everything else and let us buy basic upgrade components (The consumable ones like high catalyst etc). could be a decent credit sink maybe add more wares to blackmarketeers.

zergline117s
x4

Re: [Suggestion] Eliminate Loot Box Collection - Eliminate upgrade crafting tables.

Post by zergline117s » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 17:08

I do not have any opinion about upgrade crafting, I do not like it, and I do not have a better idea.

About the loot box, I support eliminating this mechanism. I have to slow down or even stop the ship to collect these loot boxes. It reduces the battle's exciting feeling. Imagining in God of War, you have to run around to collect scattered red souls after every battle.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 17:24

zergline117s wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 17:08
I have to slow down or even stop the ship to collect these loot boxes. It reduces the battle's exciting feeling. Imagining in God of War, you have to run around to collect scattered red souls after every battle.
Collection can be completely automated using Repeat Orders, just have to periodically remember to visit the ship to grab stuff that's been collected, or order the ship to drop it off at HQ. Often have ships working alongside my gate defence fleets specifically to collect the stuff I need for ship modding.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 18:20

To be honest, I haven't even looked into using mods. Honestly it feels kind of like cheating to me because the NPC factions ships aren't using the same modded ships and I already feel a bit OP because of the ability to micro my ships and/or gather overwhelming numbers. I mean I don't think I have ever seen a NPC fleet with more than 3-4 destroyers in it while I tend to stack my fleets with a dozen or more.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 21:33

Midnitewolf wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 18:20
To be honest, I haven't even looked into using mods. Honestly it feels kind of like cheating to me because the NPC factions ships aren't using the same modded ships and I already feel a bit OP because of the ability to micro my ships and/or gather overwhelming numbers. I mean I don't think I have ever seen a NPC fleet with more than 3-4 destroyers in it while I tend to stack my fleets with a dozen or more.
I think they do.

At the very least, they often ask you for modded ship in the "ship delivery" type of mission, and they will also offer modded ships as rewards for other missions.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 15. Apr 21, 22:39

Ezarkal wrote:
Thu, 15. Apr 21, 21:33
I think they do.
Indeed they do.

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 11:53

If the current mod crafting mechanism will ever be revised and expanded, maybe it could be even connected to player shipyards to produce your own line of ships. Like the Raider/Sentinel/Vanguard variants.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 12:23

Pares wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 11:53
If the current mod crafting mechanism will ever be revised and expanded, maybe it could be even connected to player shipyards to produce your own line of ships. Like the Raider/Sentinel/Vanguard variants.
That is what I did call: "create a new blueprint with research".
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”