A talk about Kha'ak spawns and request for all Kha'ak Installations in the game

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wraith_Magus
x3tc

Re: A talk about Kha'ak spawns and request for all Kha'ak Installations in the game

Post by Wraith_Magus » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 00:06

Kha'ak stations are in places where you notice a lot of Kha'ak attacks. There's no comprehensive list because they are different from game to game. I just destroy the stations in places my miners love to go, like Pious Mists IV. If it means they respawn elsewhere, it's respawning someplace that probably isn't crawling with a few dozen miners.

I'll have to try out the repeat order attack all in area. I'd just gone with posting a few corvettes in key stations.

Also, what really, REALLY annoys me is that the default "Use Judgement" response to enemy attacks means that miners think they should attack a swarm of a half-dozen queen's guards and hive guards. I lost most of my miners finding out that they were charging the enemy instead of running.

Midnitewolf

Re: A talk about Kha'ak spawns and request for all Kha'ak Installations in the game

Post by Midnitewolf » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 04:43

I don't get the hubbub about the Kha'ak. At most they have been a nuisance for me. I mean I lose a M miner or M transport here and there to them but I lose a M miner or M transport to Pirates and Xenon here and there as well, actually a hell of a lot more to pirates and Xenon if I have to be honest.

truditu
x4

Post by truditu » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 08:27

I actually made a mod for this since i couldn't take it anymore: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/688
You'll still have to find the hives and destroy them, but they won't be coming back.

Wraith_Magus
x3tc

Post by Wraith_Magus » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 08:51

Midnitewolf wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 04:43
I don't get the hubbub about the Kha'ak. At most they have been a nuisance for me. I mean I lose a M miner or M transport here and there to them but I lose a M miner or M transport to Pirates and Xenon here and there as well, actually a hell of a lot more to pirates and Xenon if I have to be honest.
Funny, I don't think I've lost anything to pirates. (Having the option to just set my ships to auto-flee before they can go hostile and the fact that they scan and declare they are pirates from too far away to shoot my units makes this easy.) Meanwhile, nearly all my miner losses are to Kha'ak.

I think it depends upon the place they spawn, however. Again, they're different every game, and for some stupid reason, my managers all want to send all my mining ships from my major Nopileos and PHQ stations to Pious Mists IV when there's perfectly good resources in their own sectors. I wound up just hunting down that station in Pious Mists IV, but otherwise, I just could not find a way to keep the kha'ak at bay in that sector. There were other sectors I just stopped letting my units auto-mine, as it kept getting them destroyed, and I wasn't going to bother when I could just move miners to other sectors that were less covered in kha'ak.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 10:08

Police should be reworked imo.

Policing squads should chase any enemy in sector that was detected (whether detected by them or by friendly entity like for example friendly ships or satellites).

Return to “X4: Foundations”