Missing two Terran sectors (CE X-Encyclopedia)?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Missing two Terran sectors (CE X-Encyclopedia)?

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 14:17

Here are some sector descriptions from Encyclopedia:

Eris:
Eris is a dwarf planet or plutoid in the system of the star Sol: this system includes Earth, the homeworld of the Terran, Argon and Aldrin races. In the Earth year 2546 this then-lifeless world was made available for terraforming. 110 years later, the frst phase was complete. An artifcial sun, Rabinowitz, was placed in orbit to provide light and a tropical climate, while a layer of nanoparticles (a so-called "utility fog") encircles Eris at a height of 800km to prevent the generated atmosphere from
bleeding into space. There are around 60,000 inhabitants, mostly in the area around the artifcial North Sea, made up of a mixture of Terrans and native Eris. The USC also has a base here.

Haumea:
A plutoid and a member of the Earth State, at some point in the 23rd Century Haumea became used as the home base and primary shipyard of the United Space Command (USC). Six hundred years of occupation have seen this world
shaped to ft the requirements of the military, with vast underground complexes created to house shipyards and research teams. In the precise centre of Haumea a perfectly spherical cavity four kilometres wide was created and given
an atmosphere to in order to provide a zero-G training environment. Haumea is the military equivalent of the civilian world Eris. There is a permanent garrison here of 114,000, exclusively from the Solar System.

In X3 there were some unknown sectors beyond Oort Cloud that are missing in X4.
Artificial sun in that location sounds neat, having one in Outer Sol sector with 100% sunlight.
Last edited by mr.WHO on Sat, 17. Apr 21, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.

MHDriver
x4

Re: Missing two Terran sectors (CE X-Encyclopedia)?

Post by MHDriver » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 17:00

Hm, interesting catch.

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:10

So create a jungle on Eris on the fringes of Sol, but leave Mars' cold desert alone, makes sense :sceptic: BTW, when will we be able to terraform Mars? :rant:

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:16

Well, yes.
Because Mars is close to Earth and this is in the distance.

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:50

Raptor34 wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:16
Well, yes.
"In the distance", yeah, like 30-60 times further from the Sun than Mars. Care to explain how does that make it a better terraforming candidate than Mars? I'm honestly curious.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:59

Pares wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:50
Raptor34 wrote:
Well, yes.
"In the distance", yeah, like 30-60 times further from the Sun than Mars. Care to explain how does that make it a better terraforming candidate than Mars? I'm honestly curious.
Because if something goes wrong and somehow another Terraformer swarm is created, its in the middle of nowhere and buys time for USC to prep defenses.

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 20:03

Raptor34 wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:59
Pares wrote:
Raptor34 wrote:
Well, yes.
Because if something goes wrong and somehow another Terraformer swarm is created, its in the middle of nowhere and buys time for USC to prep defenses.
The Terraformer War happend almost 400 years before the terraforming of Eris began. No terraformers were involved in it.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 20:25

We've already got 2 Dlcs announcing a "Massive expansion/big expansion" of the X Universe and yet we haven't seen more than just 48 sectors added in total, and explored in less than a couple of hours.
I think that some new sectors added in a future free update would be a fair addition, since i 'haven't seen this massiveness yet so far.

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 20:46

Karvat wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 20:25
We've already got 2 Dlcs announcing a "Massive expansion/big expansion" of the X Universe and yet we haven't seen more than just 48 sectors added in total, and explored in less than a couple of hours.
I think that some new sectors added in a future free update would be a fair addition, since i 'haven't seen this massiveness yet so far.
Honestly, adding new sectors is the last thing I want Egosoft to focus on right now...

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 20:52

Pares wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 20:46
Karvat wrote:
Honestly, adding new sectors is the last thing I want Egosoft to focus on right now...
Right, Borons first :)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 20:56

Pares wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:10
So create a jungle on Eris on the fringes of Sol, but leave Mars' cold desert alone, makes sense :sceptic: BTW, when will we be able to terraform Mars? :rant:
Might be the reason why the sector was left out of X4 - the whole description kinda doesn't fit the general lore, especially with X4 CoH sunlight distribution. If Terrans are able to create artificial sun and terraform Eris then they could have terraform every single moon in Solar system, yet we have X4 description of Titan sector, that it isn't worth for terraforming.

Still it could be ret-con as failed experimental terraforming, so it could still be an Eris sector, lightly populated and tiny lightbul artificial sun that give 80% sunlight in just that one sector.

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 22:20

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 20:56
Pares wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:10
Might be the reason why the sector was left out of X4 - the whole description kinda doesn't fit the general lore, especially with X4 CoH sunlight distribution. If Terrans are able to create artificial sun and terraform Eris then they could have terraform every single moon in Solar system, yet we have X4 description of Titan sector, that it isn't worth for terraforming.

Still it could be ret-con as failed experimental terraforming, so it could still be an Eris sector, lightly populated and tiny lightbul artificial sun that give 80% sunlight in just that one sector.
If it comes to adding more sectors to Sol, I would rather like to see the geysers of Europa/Enceladus, or the volcanos of Io from close up.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 23:31

chew-ie wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 20:52
Pares wrote:
Karvat wrote:
Of course...
That has to be Dlc 3

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 07:22

Karvat wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 23:31
chew-ie wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 20:52
Pares wrote:

Of course...
That has to be Dlc 3
Id accept nothing less.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 08:58

I hope they don't add sectors to Sol... it's the ass end of the map, Terrans as a race are just terrible, sub-human, and the economy is mediocre at best being made up of like 10 things total. Leave that little experiment to itself.... If they're going to add sectors, add them to the commonwealth.

paraskous
x4

Post by paraskous » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 10:06

Pares wrote:
Raptor34 wrote:
Well, yes.
Mars doesn't have a magnetic field. Something terraforming might not be able to fix.

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 11:01

grapedog wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 08:58
Terrans as a race are just terrible, sub-human
Stop hating yourself :P

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 11:05

paraskous wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 10:06
Pares wrote:
Raptor34 wrote:
Well, yes.
Mars doesn't have a magnetic field. Something terraforming might not be able to fix.
The context was that making a tropic climate on Eris with an "artificial sun" (whatever that may be...) instead of making Mars more habitable is completely unreasonable and irrealistic IMO. More so if you have the technology to do that on Eris, there is absolutely no reason why you wouldn't do it on Mars. I'm glad they don't include such outlandish and unbelievable parts of the lore (?) in the games.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 12:00

I guess X-universe made to the point where lore contradict itself like in Star Wars, Star Trek and other multi-series universes :)

IMO the best way to resolve it would be some kind of soft ret-con to fit X4.

"utility fog" used on Eris is the same as the one used on Mars, so it's OK.
Experimental artificial sun could be made only for Eris and then discontinued as too expensive to use on other moons and after Torus destruction, Terrans shifted priorities to elswhere (thus fit with Titan sector description where Terrans doesn't see it worth to be Terraformed).

Therefore all we would need is two additional sectors beyond Oort Cloud, with Eris sector having higher than normal sunlight (e.g. something like 60-80%, given that i's artificial and tiny).

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 12:14

Pares wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 11:01
grapedog wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 08:58
Terrans as a race are just terrible, sub-human
Stop hating yourself :P
I'm Argon, not Terran...

Return to “X4: Foundations”