The new mining missions could use some tuning, down.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vilmu
x4

The new mining missions could use some tuning, down.

Post by Vilmu » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:04

I assume these were added in 4.0? I'm talking about the mission where you have passenger and "teach" them to mine.
These also require you to find xx.yy density of mineral X, and... some of them could use some lowering on density requirements.

Here is how my Matrix #9 looks:
Spoiler
Show
Is my map supposed to look like that while I'm doing these missions?
Mission requires 1.25 density ore. ONE specific probe has found it (found 1.3, left from the wharf).
Next part requires 0.75 silicon, NONE of my probes has found over 0.61 yet.
Last edited by Vilmu on Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:15, edited 2 times in total.

slober
x4

Re: The new mining missions could use some tuning, down.

Post by slober » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:12

Vilmu wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:04
I assume these were added in 4.0? I'm talking about the mission where you have passenger and "teach" them to mine.
These also require you to find xx.yy density of the of mineral required, and... some of them could use some lowering on density requirements.

Here is how my Matrix #9 looks:
Spoiler
Show
Is my map supposed to look like that while I'm doing these missions?
Mission requires 1.25 density ore. ONE specific probe has found it (found 1.3, left from the wharf).
Next part requires 0.75 silicon, NONE of my probes has found over 0.65 yet.
I think it could be better if missions require the potential amount and not a real amount at this time. Because when you have a lot of miners In the sector it is not possible to do missions any more and it looks like a bug.

Vilmu
x4

Post by Vilmu » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:18

slober wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:12
I think it could be better if missions require the potential amount and not a real amount at this time. Because when you have a lot of miners In the sector it is not possible to do missions any more and it looks like a bug.
As far as I know probes (and OOS mining) use their own density map that doesn't match what you actually see in-sector. In my screenshot the big group of probes on bottom right corner, those all say 1.0 ore, but when I go there there's 0 asteroids within like 30-40km of them.

Admiral Sausage

Post by Admiral Sausage » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:55

Vilmu wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 19:18
As far as I know probes (and OOS mining) use their own density map that doesn't match what you actually see in-sector. In my screenshot the big group of probes on bottom right corner, those all say 1.0 ore, but when I go there there's 0 asteroids within like 30-40km of them.
That's true, but it's not the same thing. You can put a probe down and have it find 1.0 ore, then send a fleet of ore miners in and some time later it will say 0.9 ore. Take the miners away, and eventually it will go back to 1.0.

Vilmu
x4

Post by Vilmu » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 20:15

Ah, that's good to know. But in this case, there are like 5 Xenon miners in the sector. So I don't think it's being mined out, just the mission requiring too high density for what can be reasonably found.

Return to “X4: Foundations”