Apparently, Egosoft just can't make fighters land on carriers

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jakotheshadows
x4

Re: Apparently, Egosoft just can't make fighters land on carriers

Post by jakotheshadows » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 21:39

Ragnos28 wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 21:19
Guys...I like the Raptor as much as anyone, but could we please return to the issue of the Tokyo?

Maybe share your experience with it, maybe what occur in my clip is an isolated incident and never happen to anyone else...

I would greatly appreciate it,

Thank you! :)
I think the raptor is being discussed here because it has some of the same issues as the Tokyo, and therefore this issue isn't even new.

Fenris321
x4

Post by Fenris321 » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 22:03

jakotheshadows wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 21:39
Ragnos28 wrote:
Guys...I like the Raptor as much as anyone, but could we please return to the issue of the Tokyo?

Maybe share your experience with it, maybe what occur in my clip is an isolated incident and never happen to anyone else...

I think the raptor is being discussed here because it has some of the same issues as the Tokyo, and therefore this issue isn't even new.
Pretty much this. Even before any DLC and mod free I had this problem so didn't realize this was a Tokyo only thread :lol: You know, since it seems to happen with every carrier. So, share my experience .... it happens. Is this isolated? Judging by the thread, no.

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 23:04

Fenris321 wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 22:03
jakotheshadows wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 21:39
Ragnos28 wrote:

Pretty much this. Even before any DLC and mod free I had this problem so didn't realize this was a Tokyo only thread :lol: You know, since it seems to happen with every carrier. So, share my experience .... it happens. Is this isolated? Judging by the thread, no.
Yes, fighters landing behavior on carriers, was/is something that plague the game since the beginning. On the list of fixes for 4.0, I found a line that included this problem as being dealt with.
That is why, when 4.0 kick in, first thing I did was, go to my Collosus, launch fighters, order them back. Yay, fighters no longer getting stuck in the texture of the carrier, thank you Egosoft, you finally got through :mrgreen: It took you 3 years, but hey, better late that never :lol:
Did the same with Zeus and Raptor, all good, well almost, but sure as hell, less frequent as before.

Then started Coh...terran ships...exciting..make a terran fleet...conquer the univers...all for the terran empire :D Got the Tokyo, time for some good ol carrier action. And then when the fighters return..there was the "Here's Johnny!" moment :doh:

To make things even more hilarios, my first choice of fighters for Tokyo was the Gladius :lol: That was a spectacle to behold :mrgreen:

aquatica
x4

Post by aquatica » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 19:47

It has been noticed on several occasions, that some fixes before COH have been reverted in COH apparently :(

So on to waiting for 4.1 that fixes what COH broke? :D

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:41

Carriers in general have serious problems.
They don't know what to do and they certainly don't know when to quit.
Plus, I think they need a lot more space to reequip their ships (and themselves).

More often than not a lone Tokyo is left "attacking" something , while having only missile turrets, but zero missiles left.

I just love capturing them with lots of ships landed :lol:

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 20:10

Maebius wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:41

I just love capturing them with lots of ships landed :lol:

Nice...kinder surprise :mrgreen:

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 20:17

Ragnos28 wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 20:10
snip
Holy, thats crazy. I have been capping Asgards without firing a shot every time I see one (so literally losing 0 rep), perhaps I should move to tokyos.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 20:48

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 20:17
Holy, thats crazy. I have been capping Asgards without firing a shot every time I see one (so literally losing 0 rep), perhaps I should move to tokyos.
As you know, unless you actually destroy something (like an engine), there's only temp rep loss so pew pew a bit, let it waste the missiles (most tokyos have) and then you don't even lose a pod.

After a while, you're all friends and boarding something at 100% health takes long, so fighters should have docked back in, unless they've come across something else.

TBH you should get rep loss when boarding, this is ridiculous, but let's not derail the thread.

Botschafter Von Den Glück
x4

Post by Botschafter Von Den Glück » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 15:57

The combat unloading a capital ship supporting fastly an ongoing fight, is a very powerful thing to have,
so its worth some love, to try to dock the ships with some repetetive restart, i think manually is the best.

but the command is in conflict with the state of being a 'subordinate' with a order e.g. to defend or attack, in this case, some ships always stay in space, if you ask ALL to dock.
if they just routing, they wait for docking corridor, and dont have one yet.
in this case, but the ship does not do a ddocking maneuver yet, try to start over, and also you can ask ships to stor into internal i think manually.

I think the feature is THAT great, that we have some patience with small inconvenience. I thought this would be done in 6 months after release, but it seems to be a rather complex AI thing that has to determine different situations AND pilot levels..

I should start program my own X4 now, maybe i get faster to this goal Quality than an OFFICIAL developer. the economy has too much influence, and on graphics levels, so developers cannot produce content anymore at a reasonable speed.
this will kill ALL attempts to super graphics ant technology over 'done results*.
BREATH
Botschafter von den Glücksplaneten: Zu 100% Doktor. Die vertrauen mir!

Return to “X4: Foundations”