So how does that work then?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 18:37

On my way to becoming overlord of all that I survey. I am clearing a particular set of Xenon sectors.

I am on one side of a gate and my fleet is on the other. They are protecting a small area of space around the gate.

On my side of the gate Xenon are coming through and I am having a blast killing them all.

On my fleets side of the gate, not a single Xenon in sight.

It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Midnitewolf

Re: So how does that work then?

Post by Midnitewolf » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 21:10

What is likely happening is the Xenon are making highspeed runs at the gate and your blocking fleet doesn't have time to intercept them. I have seen this behavior numerous times. You can do it as a player too. You just line up with the gate from far enough out to get your travel drive fully spooled up, then blast straight for the gate. Your going so fast that none of the turrets have time to lock and track you before you pass through the gate and whalaa your on the other side of the gate scott free.

Return to “X4: Foundations”