Transfer minerals to station.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

aquatica
x4

Re: Trnasfer minerals to station.

Post by aquatica » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 19:47

Jholern wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 19:32
GCU Grey Area wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 12:50
Halpog wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 11:50
a propper fix would be
1: let us tell the miners WHAT to mine .....and not just let them automaticly mine 3 or 4 resources and than untill one is full ......
2:moving recourses to the universal container stuff ....so that even a transporter can transport ore ...or let transporters be able to transport resources too
3: put a basic command in for traders. to supply a station with get at A dropp it at B
Can do much of that already, without needing any mods. Recommend building something like these stations to help with mining logistics:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajygdwg4fq0de ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Each of those stations in the foreground is configured to hold just 1 type of mineral & 1 type of gas, & has been assigned appropriate miners. Those resources are then transported to my HQ. Using Khaak-proof Hokkaidos for mining & cheap Bolos for transport, each with appropriate travel & trade blacklists to stop them going any further than necessary or interacting with any other faction. No problems whatsoever with mixed loads because every ship in the supply chain only ever deals with 1 specific cargo.
How do you move the ore/silicon off of the station?

Are you manually setting up each trade? Is there a way to automate this?
Setting them up as a trader, does not seem to work on my end.
Get a Mining ship and just assign it as a Trader. Not sure if you have to have Sell Order for Ore as well. Note, have 'em trading software installed on the ship.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 20:02

Jholern wrote:

It's all automatic. Bolos are assigned as traders for each of the mining station to handle transport of resources to my HQ. It has proved vital to ensure the mining outpost are correctly configured or nothing happens.

Setup that worked for me was to manually set the buy amount to full extent of storage capacity (i.e. 100k with L storage for ore or silicon), but leave the sell amount on automatic - essentially this means all of it is available for transport since there are no production modules. Have also manually set the selling prices for resources to minimum at each mining station, while at my HQ they're set to automatic. Thinking here is if I build additional stations they'll be supplied on the basis of need - stations which are running out will post trade offers with higher prices & be prioritised for the next delivery. Prices though are only nominal in this case - because I own all the stations no money is exchanged & there are trade rules set at my HQ for all basic resources to prevent it buying them from any other faction. Similarly my Bolo transports are also blacklisted to prevent them trading with other factions.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 20:07

Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 22:19
Place some resource probes in sectors with available Silicon. Silicon is available if yield is reasonable such as over 0.5. Examples of sectors with available Silicon are Asteroid Belt (poor, ~1.6 yield) and Family Zhin (good, 6+ yield).

This might be a bug that is being fixed in a future version. Even without available sectors they should still try to mine it based on the current storage levels.
Even if a neighbor sectorsystem contains everything miners like to fly around the map and still you need a trading station or something. Once Ice required too you are mostly doomed.
I think that this "buy" the problem. Why buy if a trader has a home base?
miners should go out for the least amount.

My player HQ has 10 miners. I has 2 miner group in Atiya. One for ore, one for silicon. It needs oversight and sometimes I give a miner from one group to another.

The trading station is good but after a certain period of time you manager gets too smart and jumprange 5.
I have big factory in Getsu Fune. I tried to forbid Hatikvah sector traver. So then i can see traders going 7-8 sectorsystem both doesnotmatterhowtocalculate Just to get to tharkas ricthes. Even if Savage next door is a really good candidate. So thenGetsu need a trader group which get stuff 1 jump sell in 0 jump. In that case i can not figure out how to forbid foreign trades. I have a restricted global command for sector travel i have it for who is to trade with default and for individual. The ship if not associated with a station only sees OFF or null with trade restriction. The manager individual settings contain it.

Solution. Miners try to load off all from cargo first. Then going for the least amount by percentage. Literally begging for mining problem solving to egosoft weeks ago multiple post about it. We all can not be as silly not to understand it. tryingsohardnottobeoffensivehere. forgive my english :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 20:13

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 20:02
Jholern wrote:

It's all automatic. Bolos are assigned as traders for each of the mining station to handle transport of resources to my HQ. It has proved vital to ensure the mining outpost are correctly configured or nothing happens.

Setup that worked for me was to manually set the buy amount to full extent of storage capacity (i.e. 100k with L storage for ore or silicon), but leave the sell amount on automatic - essentially this means all of it is available for transport since there are no production modules. Have also manually set the selling prices for resources to minimum at each mining station, while at my HQ they're set to automatic. Thinking here is if I build additional stations they'll be supplied on the basis of need - stations which are running out will post trade offers with higher prices & be prioritised for the next delivery. Prices though are only nominal in this case - because I own all the stations no money is exchanged & there are trade rules set at my HQ for all basic resources to prevent it buying them from any other faction. Similarly my Bolo transports are also blacklisted to prevent them trading with other factions.
My Terran full line chain tech factory using the minimum price if not adjusted manually. So no wonder why they rarely get stuff from such trading stations.
You can use any station as a trading station if the set stuff does not included in the production chain.
Food factory can be set up for trading gasses if not Terran.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that if self sustaining terran station then it goes for ice well above the auto limiter. Then no room left for ore and silicon. So then you have to adjust manually the allocated space for ice. Otherwise not just the miners wont do their job properly. They literally won't have room to put silicon ore into.
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 20:45

plynak wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 11:30
Imperial Good wrote:
Sun, 18. Apr 21, 22:19
Place some resource probes in sectors with available Silicon. Silicon is available if yield is reasonable such as over 0.5. Examples of sectors with available Silicon are Asteroid Belt (poor, ~1.6 yield) and Family Zhin (good, 6+ yield).

This might be a bug that is being fixed in a future version. Even without available sectors they should still try to mine it based on the current storage levels.
Thanks, there are plenty of silicon all over the place. Those miners even mine it, but they end up with something like 3000 ore and 800 silicon. And the moment the ore supply drops just a bit, they all go haywire and mine ore all over again.
I do not get it. Never had any problem with station mining before 4.0. Why are they ALWAYS messing with things that are working? And why did they have so many betas yet they release it in this screwed state?
As I mentioned, I am done. Even the most simple things are not working, fixing takes ages and the fix ususally breaks three other things. Sorry to be so blunt, but this is a total incompetence.
The problem you mention only occur if ore or silicon is full at the station. So the miner wont unload Ek ore then goes for silicon. When Ice in the picture i had literally dozens of miners near to full with ice. Going 5 sectors away to mine silicon. Problem is they mine 10 or even 20 silicon then go back. There is multiple reasons why the player can make things worse. Example you manually load off the ice but the other miner also want to unload ice so then it can not accomplish it's goal. Then they go out with almost full cargo not enough room for the desired stuff.

Creating station with solid or liquid storage and set trade wares to silicon and ore /helium/methane. 3/4 of the miners should be associated with mining, 1/4 for trading. Make a global command with restrict all factions and add your faction. Try to make a strategic point for the station. It will require the smallest container storage for drone parts.
Make sure the destination factories also have few miners. Check the auto pricing works properly and compare to the trading station prices.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Transfer minerals to station.

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 00:11

Virtualaughing wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 20:45
It will require the smallest container storage for drone parts.
Drones can be made without container storage. There is a special, hidden, drone parts storage.
Virtualaughing wrote:
The problem you mention only occur if ore or silicon is full at the station. So the miner wont unload Ek ore then goes for silicon. When Ice in the picture i had literally dozens of miners near to full with ice. Going 5 sectors away to mine silicon. Problem is they mine 10 or even 20 silicon then go back. There is multiple reasons why the player can make things worse. Example you manually load off the ice but the other miner also want to unload ice so then it can not accomplish it's goal. Then they go out with almost full cargo not enough room for the desired stuff.
This should only be an issue for mineables that have low demand. If ice is backing up then chances are your water processing or Terran consumable production facility is too small and is not burning through the Ice fast enough. Even if consumption is slow the miners should unload the ice over time as buy orders become available for it and no further Ice should be mined well the storage level of Ice is above that of all other mineables (which will be the case for a mineable that is not being consumed fast and miners are holding onto). If all mineable storage is full then it does not matter what wares the miners are holding onto since there is no shortage and they will have to idle or mine inefficiently due to station storage limits.

For this to all work as it should it is important that the mineable storage is sufficient enough that all subordinate miners can fully unload at least once should a ware be empty. This gives enough storage room for the regulation to work efficiently and not be prone to leaving mining ships holding unwanted wares while there is still high demand for one. With very high throughput it might be possible to go lower as this will smooth out the mining better, however I still recommend at least 1 hour of consumption worth of storage per ware.

Jholern

Post by Jholern » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 03:51

Thanks for the info. I was trying to get my miners to act as traders earlier to shuttle resources as it would solve this issue of Methane and silicon being ignored for the missing 100 Ice :P

I'll have to go back and take a look at the settings.

Thank you!

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 07:58

Spoiler
Show
Imperial Good wrote:
Wed, 21. Apr 21, 00:11
Virtualaughing wrote:
It will require the smallest container storage for drone parts.
Drones can be made without container storage. There is a special, hidden, drone parts storage.
Virtualaughing wrote:
This should only be an issue for mineables that have low demand. If ice is backing up then chances are your water processing or Terran consumable production facility is too small and is not burning through the Ice fast enough. Even if consumption is slow the miners should unload the ice over time as buy orders become available for it and no further Ice should be mined well the storage level of Ice is above that of all other mineables (which will be the case for a mineable that is not being consumed fast and miners are holding onto). If all mineable storage is full then it does not matter what wares the miners are holding onto since there is no shortage and they will have to idle or mine inefficiently due to station storage limits.

For this to all work as it should it is important that the mineable storage is sufficient enough that all subordinate miners can fully unload at least once should a ware be empty. This gives enough storage room for the regulation to work efficiently and not be prone to leaving mining ships holding unwanted wares while there is still high demand for one. With very high throughput it might be possible to go lower as this will smooth out the mining better, however I still recommend at least 1 hour of consumption worth of storage per ware.
[/quote]
Thanks for explaining
I have tried to make low allocation for ice which somewhat helped. A food chain of five (5 each) can serve a huge factory complex.
I have plenty of individual food factories so I removed Ice from here and there. Since i have done that my huge self "sufficient" shipyard working like crazy.
I like to make builds based on uniformity and with 1x-5x-10x... each type of blocks. Not exactly based on support and demand. Even if you don't need as much of graphene or some basic stuff but Microchip maybe on shortage.
The "problems" of the game that has to be solved by the player at least makes some reality to the gameplay :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my factories mostly have equal amount of solidliquidcontainer storage. Sometimes is way too much which does not help with the auto pricing.....

Return to “X4: Foundations”