Give us the option to set the turret behaviour for ALL groups

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Max Bain
x3ap

Give us the option to set the turret behaviour for ALL groups

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 17:02

It is nice that we finally can set turret behaviours and save them for each ship with the loadout. But it still could be improved by giving us the option to set the behaviour for all turret groups with a single click. in 90% you want to set a default behaviour and only for specific turret groups like missiles you want a different option. Would save us a lot of clicking.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Give us the option to set the turret behaviour for ALL groups

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 17:50

I already do this, in a sense. If I'm going to be building a lot of warships I first set the default turret setting (in Global Orders) to Attack All Enemies & only manually set specific turrets if needed (e.g. I often set L Beams to Attack Fighters). Otherwise don't even need to touch the turret orders section of the ship building menu. Conversely, if I'm building a batch of freighters or miners I set the default back to Defend. Not saying it would be a bad idea to be able to set all turrets of a single ship at the same time. Just probably wouldn't use it myself, since I can already do that for an entire batch of ships & save myself the bother of clicking on each ship individually.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 18:12

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 17:50
I already do this, in a sense. If I'm going to be building a lot of warships I first set the default turret setting (in Global Orders) to Attack All Enemies & only manually set specific turrets if needed (e.g. I often set L Beams to Attack Fighters). Otherwise don't even need to touch the turret orders section of the ship building menu. Conversely, if I'm building a batch of freighters or miners I set the default back to Defend. Not saying it would be a bad idea to be able to set all turrets of a single ship at the same time. Just probably wouldn't use it myself, since I can already do that for an entire batch of ships & save myself the bother of clicking on each ship individually.
But I want my civilian ships to only defend and not attack all enemies while my military ships shall attack all enemies. Always having to go into the global menu to change it is meh... I mean we have this option to set the bahaviour for all turret groups in the behaviour for the ships also.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Dagonfel

Post by Dagonfel » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 21:57

Agreed, it would be great to have this in the menu when you are actually building your ships so you don't do so much clicking, or remembering to change your global settings first.

Return to “X4: Foundations”