Xenon Sector Attack/Defense Logic?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Raptor34
x4

Xenon Sector Attack/Defense Logic?

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 18:25

Why I'm asking is because I noticed that the Xenon keeps wasting resources pushing stations over in Savage Spur without any fleets or any other ships. The sector is currently owned by the Xenon while being in a contested state between the Terrans and Xenon. But practically speaking its a Terran sector now.
I'm not just talking about build plots, but stations that seems to be in an advanced stage of construction so they are actually sending resources over.
Meanwhile the other half of Savage Spur and the neighboring Matrix is pretty much devoid of Xenon ships.

Beyond that, from my experience helping ANT take contested HOP sectors by sniping admin modules, I noticed that the ANT wouldn't attack in force until they took the sector, then they seem to start flooding ships in to defend it.
What I'm wondering is whether I should help the Terrans secure Savage Spur, and whether then the Xenon would stop wasting resources trying to take it, or at least build a fleet instead.
However, I have another thought that if the Terrans take Savage Spur, the other sector might now be considered as a neighboring sector and the Terrans would then flood ships the long way around through the Matrix in order to secure the other half. I'm not exactly certain how neighboring sectors work when its a one way road from one to the other.

Return to “X4: Foundations”