Asgard Can't Kill Xenon Defense Platform

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MHDriver
x4

Asgard Can't Kill Xenon Defense Platform

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 20:10

Yeah I know, how many times can we complain about this. I assigned my Asgard to kill a Xenon defense platform, no other defenders just a lone DP. Should be easy for Asgard right?? Uh, nope after an hour and half watching the Asgard sit off at distance firing the main batteries only, not the XL gun of course and missing 90% of every burst I just sent it back to dock. I guess this is what ES considers "balance." Didn't really matter what ship I sent to do the job, the result was the same.

https://youtu.be/xA6R_a5G1bc

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Asgard Can't Kill Xenon Defense Platform

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 21:34

What rank was the captain of the Asguard? Out of interest.

What ship were you flying? Also out of interest.

SunGod1
x4

Post by SunGod1 » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 22:29

That is odd.. I have to keep a muzzle on my Asgards or they will destroy everything on the map.
Travel Drive Charge Time is absolutely @player_frustration +1

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 22:33

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 21:34
What rank was the captain of the Asguard? Out of interest.

What ship were you flying? Also out of interest.
The Asgard Captain is 5-Star

I was in a Havoc

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 22:37

SunGod1 wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 22:29
That is odd.. I have to keep a muzzle on my Asgards or they will destroy everything on the map.
That seems to be what most players experience. So many variables in this game. Though even when playing out the Terran storylines the Spear of Odin and the other Terran Asgards never killed the Xenon shipyards or the Yaki station so who knows.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 23:17

I don't know but there is just something wrong with expecting the Asgard to be an OOC instant "I will button". I refuse to use them and I am glad the AI the AI doesn't use them well.

SunGod1
x4

Post by SunGod1 » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 23:31

Midnitewolf wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 23:17
I don't know but there is just something wrong with expecting the Asgard to be an OOC instant "I will button". I refuse to use them and I am glad the AI the AI doesn't use them well.
What? I have seen my NPC Cpt fire that death beam weapon at M ships... I am pretty sure she has hit a few as well.. what happends OOS... I have no idea.. but ships just blip out of existence.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 19. Apr 21, 23:56

In all honesty people... the Asgard XL weapon kills a K in one shot, a station module also in 1. If the NPC's were to use it as it "should", especially OOS where accuracy is 100%, the game would have ended in less than 2h playtime with the extinction of all Xenon, Khaak, Yaki et all "bad guys".
Let this be a lesson to people shouting (brainlessly imho) about bigger guns... bigger ships... more sectors... and say nothing about AI improvements, QoL improvements, Mission (including rewards) improvements. This, of course, providing that people asking for such things (AI etc) will use their brains instead of their frustration in front of a mission to "make" their "wishlists"

SunGod1
x4

Post by SunGod1 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 00:15

3.0 a lever to move the world
4.0 a hammer to break the world

?????

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 00:17

Some people have reported that captain skill allows them to keep distance better. Maybe the Asguard captain is too skilled and so is trying to push its weapon range too close to its limits? Could be possible given how little player testing 5 star captains have.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 00:25

MHDriver wrote:
Mon, 19. Apr 21, 20:10
Uh, nope after an hour and half watching the Asgard sit off at distance firing the main batteries only, not the XL gun of course and missing 90% of every burst I just sent it back to dock.
If Asgard does fire its L guns, then the XL gun cannot cool down (after first shot).

I've been on the receiving end of XL, conveniently out of range of the puny L. NPC can and will use the XL then. Perhaps not as thoroughly as player, but still enough.

NPC sailing merrily into range of Gravitons was a regular topic before 4.0. Your captain was wise enough to use his range advantage, but still not smart enough.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

MHDriver
x4

Post by MHDriver » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 03:14

Imperial Good wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 00:17
Some people have reported that captain skill allows them to keep distance better. Maybe the Asguard captain is too skilled and so is trying to push its weapon range too close to its limits? Could be possible given how little player testing 5 star captains have.
Interesting point..

flatbush71

Post by flatbush71 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 03:24

Imperial Good wrote:
IG I use only 5-S on the As
I'm very pleased with the operational capabilities.
Its called utilization of combined forces.

xWolfzx
x4

Post by xWolfzx » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 11:35

There is an issue with station targeting that ES is aware of. Out of curiosity what was your weapon groups for the asgard?

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 13:10

Imperial Good wrote:
I don't know for sure, but i feel this could be accurate. I have a number of Rattlesnakes and Osakas, highly modded, that are terrible at taking out much lower quality destroyers. Like serious issues.... and they're all 5 star

Ill get a notification of an SCA desteoyer, send one of my modded ships adter it, and then have to take over and do the actual kill... or else a ship with half the cruise speed will somehow get back into travel drive after being engaged... i just need my pilots to go in and attack.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:15

2 main guns aren't enough.
The Syn has 3 main guns and can't kill a station solo (tried it, promptly gave up....if it can, it will take forever)
vs a station, disable the main guns and let it only use the death ray... if the pilot doesn't suck, sometimes it's used when it's fully cooled down.
Sucky pilots use it half cooled down and if it's parked too far, it barely hits :D (seriously, what's that?)

OOS is a completely different issue.

Pares
x4

Post by Pares » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:27

Imperial Good wrote:
I will never understand the decision to intentionally dumb down the already struggling AI. It is dumbfounding. 5 star captain AI algorithms should be the baseline, and skills should add extra capabilities to pilots, captains and managers, like increasing ships stats slightly, being able to control more ships in the fleet, etc., and not making him/her less retarded until he/she reaches 80 IQ at 5 stars.

Return to “X4: Foundations”