Anyone ever have an issue where your fleets sometimes refuse to use Travel Drive?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Midnitewolf

Anyone ever have an issue where your fleets sometimes refuse to use Travel Drive?

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 00:33

I have an interesting issue. Sometimes my fleets just refuse to use travel drive. Anyone else have this issu and if so how do you fix it?

Malchar
x4

Re: Anyone ever have an issue where your fleets sometimes refuse to use Travel Drive?

Post by Malchar » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 02:30

Fleet or ships, it happens all the time since the first game I played.

Typical example is when you run after a pirate ships. You can be twice more fast it s few help.

My typical answer ; first order in the queue attack the pirat ship. Second order in the queue move to a point very far away in the axe of the target to force travel speed. Once my ship (s) are at the same level or a bit ahead of the target, cancel second order and lets it (or them) attack.

Nota, X4 is not very good for execute and update order in real time. You d better sometime to use pause, cancel attack order and set again the attack order to force real time update for your order. If you dont, your ship will move to the point where the target was when you gave the order, and not at the point where the target is right now.

It seems painful when said like that, but really it is fairly balanced by the fact, anyway, you will never loose at this game.

Midnitewolf

Re: Anyone ever have an issue where your fleets sometimes refuse to use Travel Drive?

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 05:43

Malchar wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 02:30
Fleet or ships, it happens all the time since the first game I played.

Typical example is when you run after a pirate ships. You can be twice more fast it s few help.

My typical answer ; first order in the queue attack the pirat ship. Second order in the queue move to a point very far away in the axe of the target to force travel speed. Once my ship (s) are at the same level or a bit ahead of the target, cancel second order and lets it (or them) attack.

Nota, X4 is not very good for execute and update order in real time. You d better sometime to use pause, cancel attack order and set again the attack order to force real time update for your order. If you dont, your ship will move to the point where the target was when you gave the order, and not at the point where the target is right now.

It seems painful when said like that, but really it is fairly balanced by the fact, anyway, you will never loose at this game.
For me it has happened twice and I was just trying to travel several sectors using the Fly and Wait command. Both times I was thinking, "Ok they have to be there by now." only to find them traveling around with the throttle wide open but not using travel drive.

Return to “X4: Foundations”