Question about resupplying and rearming docked ship at an AUX ship

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Midnitewolf

Question about resupplying and rearming docked ship at an AUX ship

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 03:34

Ok totally confused and need assistance.

I have a AUX ship and I have 30 fighters assigned to the Aux ship. The AUX Ships setting are set to High Resupply and the Fighters are set to use the Commanders settings for resupply which is the AUX ship so they are set to High as well. The Aux ship is fully stocked 100% with the exact perfect amount of "recommended" gear based on the info tab. I also have all blueprints for every component on the fighter including the munitions it uses.

Now first of all shouldn't the AUX ship automatically repair and rearm the fighters when they dock?

Also since that didn't seem to work, I tried clicking the command "Resupply/Repair Docked Ships" thinking that would I don't know, resupply/repair all 30 docked fighters but that brings me up to a menu to resupply/repair ONE fighter only with no option to do all 30 or even scroll through and do 30 fighters individually.

So I am lost. How do I get my AUX ship to Repair the fighters assigned to it?

Dagonfel

Re: Question about resupplying and rearming docked ship at an AUX ship

Post by Dagonfel » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 04:08

Try adding the aux ship to a fleet with the resupply command. Assign the fighters to intercept for the new command ship. Set the fleet to patrol or something. In theory you should see them repairing at that point. Maybe not right that second, but within 10 minutes.

I have a few aux ships and am figuring them out too. I found my fighters fully repaired that were assigned to another ship. The ones directly supporting my aux ship are still damaged.

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 05:20

Dagonfel wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 04:08
Try adding the aux ship to a fleet with the resupply command. Assign the fighters to intercept for the new command ship. Set the fleet to patrol or something. In theory you should see them repairing at that point. Maybe not right that second, but within 10 minutes.

I have a few aux ships and am figuring them out too. I found my fighters fully repaired that were assigned to another ship. The ones directly supporting my aux ship are still damaged.
You know I should have known. OF COURSE AND AUX SHIP CAN"T RELOAD FIGHTERS ASSIGNED TO ITSELF....DUH. You have to launch them, give them to someone else, then they can come back and dock and then only then can you actually reload them on the AUX ship.

This game..... :? :evil:

af_2017
x4

Post by af_2017 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:24

What is not clear for me here is what low/med/high stand for?
That must be something quite obvious but still?..
I can get that with off the ship won't resupply at all.

In some x3(tc?) I've seen an option to define resupply options for each ship... how many and what kind of equipment it should care about. I think, that's handy for "bomber" setup.

Probably it would be nice (and more clear for players) allowing to define presets for resupply the same way we have global trade rules.
Instead of using not clear "low/med/high"... Well, at some point I like puzzles but how should I solve this one? Or this should not be puzzled?
When i have nothing to do i am kinky enough to clarify how things works. But after some tests investigations might end up with "damn i just dunno maybe i am broken old fart already and completely missing something all the time". Egosoft, do you like making players think this way? :D
X4 is not a destination. It's a journey. Unfortunately in a wrong direction.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 15:03

af_2017 wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:24
What is not clear for me here is what low/med/high stand for?
That must be something quite obvious but still?..
I can get that with off the ship won't resupply at all.

In some x3(tc?) I've seen an option to define resupply options for each ship... how many and what kind of equipment it should care about. I think, that's handy for "bomber" setup.

Probably it would be nice (and more clear for players) allowing to define presets for resupply the same way we have global trade rules.
Instead of using not clear "low/med/high"... Well, at some point I like puzzles but how should I solve this one? Or this should not be puzzled?
When i have nothing to do i am kinky enough to clarify how things works. But after some tests investigations might end up with "damn i just dunno maybe i am broken old fart already and completely missing something all the time". Egosoft, do you like making players think this way? :D
The distinction between low/mid/high most probably refers to the missile/torpedo loadouts that will be supplied to the fighters that use them, especially since repairs require only money... I never use arms with finite supply of ammunition personally but it is my best guess...

slober
x4

Post by slober » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 15:19

Midnitewolf wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 03:34

I have a AUX ship and I have 30 fighters assigned to the Aux ship. The AUX Ships setting are set to High Resupply and the Fighters are set to use the Commanders settings for resupply which is the AUX ship so they are set to High as well. The Aux ship is fully stocked 100% with the exact perfect amount of "recommended" gear based on the info tab. I also have all blueprints for every component on the fighter including the munitions it uses.

Now first of all shouldn't the AUX ship automatically repair and rearm the fighters when they dock?

Also since that didn't seem to work, I tried clicking the command "Resupply/Repair Docked Ships" thinking that would I don't know, resupply/repair all 30 docked fighters but that brings me up to a menu to resupply/repair ONE fighter only with no option to do all 30 or even scroll through and do 30 fighters individually.

You can find a lot of information here
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... pply+Ships

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 22:53

slober wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 15:19
Midnitewolf wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 03:34

You can find a lot of information here
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... pply+Ships
Yeah I eventually found that article and came to the realization that Egosoft is completely clueless about how stupid their designs are some times. I mean why the hell can't my fighters assigned to the AUX ship, dock and rearm themselves on the same AUX ship? It is just flipping nuts that I would have to reassign those fighters to another fleet so that they AUX ship can dock them and repair/rearm them. Stupid isn't even the best word for it.

I know, I know. They probably had it this way because they don't want AUX ships to be used a carriers but damnit, this is a single player game, who the hell flipping cares, besides myself, how I use things. Quit flipping artificially restricting me and putting roadblocks into the middle of my sandbox already.

If I had my way and/or the skills to actually mod this game, I would have it so ANY ship with a dock would be able to do basic repairs on any ship it could dock. Not rearm or resupply consumables, I am talking basic things like repairing the hull. Also AUX ships would be able to service their own assigned fighters because DUH...THEY ARE ALREADY DOCKED TO THE AUX SHIP.

Of course none of this matters due to the absurd resource cost required to manufacture and restock torps and missiles. I am playing a modded game where You can buy light carriers that only carry about 20 fighters. One such is called a Shrike and can carry 25k cargo. This is only enough cargo to rearm 5 fighters, ONCE, which means I can't even service my entire 20 fighters one flipping time. If torps and missiles are so powerful that you need to drastically restrict their use, JUST MAKE THE LESS POWERFUL. Right now there is no reason to use Torps or missiles because you can't resupply them. Yet another stupid design decision.

jmrc
x4

Post by jmrc » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 13:37

Midnitewolf wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 22:53
I would have it so ANY ship with a dock would be able to do basic repairs on any ship it could dock. Not rearm or resupply consumables, I am talking basic things like repairing the hull.
I very much agree with this. The cost would be deducted from the player account with no need to micromanage at the ship level. As a small detail, I would make the speed of repair dependent on the number of crewmembers, to allow for highly effective full crew vs low effective small crew vs marine complement.
I would even go as far as to allow resupply if the ship has the resources in it and the flag autosupply was true.

Return to “X4: Foundations”