Faulty Logic Odysseus Changed

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bonalste
x4

Faulty Logic Odysseus Changed

Post by bonalste » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 11:46

Hi,

I've noticed a change to the abandoned Odysseus and was curious as to whether it is a fluke or if this is a permanent change for everybody:

On previous games the Odysseus has been embedded in a minefield. My method of getting it out was to leave the sector then order the marine who boarded it to leave, which would not trigger the mines OOS.

Also, upon claiming by my single marine, the oddy has always taken large damage, lost all its main battery and turrets and its engines became heavily damaged.

Now, however, I went to Faulty Logic, found the Odysseus quickly and easily and noticed it was not in the minefield. In fact, it was a good distance from any mines. Upon right clicking and selecting 'claim', my marine flew out as usual and there was an explosion as the hull got damaged, but all upon inspection all of modules were perfectly intact, including all engines, main battery and about half the turrets, and it even had an inventory of hundreds of mines, several repair and defense drones and laser towers.

Is this a change that was made in the latest update, or was I just extremely lucky on this play through?

Zaemar2017
x4

Re: Faulty Logic Odysseus Changed

Post by Zaemar2017 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 12:44

I've collected that numerous times, including CoH, and it's always near those three huge asteroids. I think the amount of damage is possibly tied to the skill of the marine.

bonalste
x4

Post by bonalste » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 13:26

New marine. 1/2 star boarding, 1/2 star piloting :gruebel:

I've never before managed to get it with the main battery guns intact.

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 13:38

bonalste wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 13:26

You dont need to use a marine anymore. Spacewalk to it and claim it yourself by scanning a data leak. Leaves everything intact that way.

bonalste
x4

Post by bonalste » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:11

KextV8 wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 13:38
bonalste wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 13:26

You dont need to use a marine anymore. Spacewalk to it and claim it yourself by scanning a data leak. Leaves everything intact that way.
Oh that's interesting. I've done it now, but even so, I gave it a go with an EMP bomb and scanning the leaks but nothing happened. So was there a separate data leak like there is on the S and M ships, then? That's cool. Thanks for the info.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:31

The damage it takes is based on the skill of the marine. The Odysseus has never been directly inside a mine field feature, and always been near one. The main issue with it is flying it out the sector as it is too big to fly through mine field features so this might have to be done in low attention. In low attention it is vulnerable to XEN attack, especially by K and I destroyers and especially if it is partly damaged due to the person used to claim it.

bonalste
x4

Post by bonalste » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:35

But my marine couldn't have been less experienced if he was still just a twinkle in the postman's eye.

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:37

bonalste wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 14:11
So was there a separate data leak like there is on the S and M ships, then? That's cool. Thanks for the info.
Correct. They added it with one of the patches.

Return to “X4: Foundations”