New Game+?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WiiWiesel
x4

New Game+?

Post by WiiWiesel » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 17:22

Sorry, if that has already been asked before, but is there some way to reset the galaxy, while keeping credits and blueprints?

If not:
I would think it would be a good feature for the game, since it would not just help with overrun galaxies, but also with several performance issues, which occur after a longer playtime.

A possible implementation of this feature could be:
A research tech in the player HQ, which allows transfer of the HQ (+station modules); the credits; and the blueprints into a new game. it could then reappear in the new game, when the player reaches that point (the teleportation of the HQ into Grand Exchange).

NightmareNight91
x4

Re: New Game+?

Post by NightmareNight91 » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 18:47

This would be pretty cool, just keeping blueprints even, so that I can be friendly with everyone in one game, buy all blueprints, then teleport into a "new" game and not be everyones BFF but still have the blueprints since no reverse engineering is in game wothout mods..

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 18:51

Yeah, I'd like that too. Having all research done seems a bit over the top - but doing the blueprint grind over and over again lost it's charm so far. Research is thanks to the missions a nice change and it can be automated.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 18:58

Resetting the Galaxy without creating a new game has absolutely no value.
OK, I understand the OP just wants the credits, blueprints (most importantly) and PHQ state and, probably, research kept in a new playthrough. This does not require starting a new game, a save "right before" making big changes in the player's behaviour and/or choices will create a "branch" to be followed. This is the reason the 10 saves exist, one only has to be a bit careful where to save what (good naming of saves helps a lot). All that said, what happens to other player assets? The OP is not clear on this issue (equally important as keeping the above mentioned stuff).
I can assure everybody that being able to do exactly what is asked in the OP will surely (and very fast) result in a "boring" game.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 19:10

Egosoft have said they want to implement a new custom game feature where you can choose things - Perhaps once we get all blueprints/research in one game it could unlock an option to allow us to start a new custom game with the research, hq and blueprints all already unlocked?

I would love a feature like this.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 20:29

I know this is a painful way to get something sort of what you want.
Start a new game, be very particular where you go and what sectors you go into !
Have all the Data you have learned from previous game plays, so you know who sells what and where to get blue prints. Play the game specifically to be used as an advanced starting Game.
This means no fighting, so your start game is very close to a new fresh beginning with no faction/ game mechanics having been activated. It may seem dull and pointless. But it works.
I have a couple of advanced saves that are good fresh starting points in the game. So I can jump straight into a new game run through and have a good foundation of stuff to get going faster.

It may be tedious to do at first, but pays dividends latter on when you don't want all that early game restrictions round your neck.
:)

Midnitewolf

Post by Midnitewolf » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 22:37

Well technically you could download the cheat menu mod and use that to give you all the blueprints in the game and whatever amount of money you wanted and maybe a few other things. The problem is, that with blueprints and a few other options, it is 100% All-or-Nothing so you can't just pick and choose half a dozen blueprints.

Also it allows you to spawn in any number of ships or ships types.

You also have the Accomplished Scientist Start which starts you with the PHQ built and ready to start doing research.

So you could do this:

Select Accomplished Scientist Start (just be prepared to be call Ma'me alot <sigh...why don't they just leave everything gender neutral>. Then cheat yourself in maybe a couple hundred million credits or more. Then cheat yourself in maybe a nice player corvette and half dozen or so miners/traders and if you don't want to deal with the faction building at all for blueprints, cheat in you already having all the blueprints.

Basically you now have a custom "Budding Entrepreneur" start.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 20. Apr 21, 22:42

It is very easy to edit your save file and give yourself billions of credits.
It should be relatively easy to do the same with blueprints. Take a look in the modding forum.

Beware though that editing your save will give you the "modified" tag, and you will be unable to use ventures when they make it back into the game.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Fenris321
x4

Post by Fenris321 » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 00:32

So I saw this in the spoiler section, and to be completely honest I just glanced at it and didn't really read the comments. So this may or may not work. But basically from what little I read of it, there is a section that tells you how to cheat in specific blueprints. viewtopic.php?f=182&t=428537

Come to think of it though, I believe this was a necroed thread so Split and Terrans are probably not included.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 00:34

Axeface wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 19:10
Egosoft have said they want to implement a new custom game feature where you can choose things - Perhaps once we get all blueprints/research in one game it could unlock an option to allow us to start a new custom game with the research, hq and blueprints all already unlocked?

I would love a feature like this.
Custom game I think would be great solution for this and many other needs (enemy aggression, etc)

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 07:15

Fenris321 wrote:
Wed, 21. Apr 21, 00:32
So I saw this in the spoiler section, and to be completely honest I just glanced at it and didn't really read the comments. So this may or may not work. But basically from what little I read of it, there is a section that tells you how to cheat in specific blueprints. viewtopic.php?f=182&t=428537

Come to think of it though, I believe this was a necroed thread so Split and Terrans are probably not included.
You can just load an old save game with all the Split Terran stuff and if you know where to find it, all the BPs are in the same location.
Incidentally save editing is a good way to get paint mods too. If you don't want to deal with mods.

Waltz99
x4

Post by Waltz99 » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 12:11

I feel like no need for that.
I accept plot missions, buy blueprints I don't have and when mission is complete all blueprints are payed back with extras.
there are blueprints which require a higher reputation but its not that hard to reach 20+ even when you start at -15.

WiiWiesel
x4

Post by WiiWiesel » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 15:00

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 20. Apr 21, 18:58
Resetting the Galaxy without creating a new game has absolutely no value.
OK, I understand the OP just wants the credits, blueprints (most importantly) and PHQ state and, probably, research kept in a new playthrough. This does not require starting a new game, a save "right before" making big changes in the player's behaviour and/or choices will create a "branch" to be followed. This is the reason the 10 saves exist, one only has to be a bit careful where to save what (good naming of saves helps a lot). All that said, what happens to other player assets? The OP is not clear on this issue (equally important as keeping the above mentioned stuff).
I can assure everybody that being able to do exactly what is asked in the OP will surely (and very fast) result in a "boring" game.
Honestly, my main motivation is related to performance. The following steps take a lot of ingame time:
- getting a high reputation with the factions
- getting enough credits to buy the more expensive blueprints
- building a larger complex

After that ingame time, the savegame gets rather large and performance drops -> Thus, I thought, that it would be nice, to transfer a station, credits and blueprents to a clean game start.

I know, that I could cheat or edit the savegames to achieve this, but I thought, that I saw talks about "new game+" somewhere, thus I asked for it and added some suggestions (just in case there are no plans for it yet)

Return to “X4: Foundations”