Why won't we get Oberth blueprint as PIO reward?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

strask412
x4

Re: Why won't we get Oberth blueprint as PIO reward?

Post by strask412 » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 01:46

Fishille wrote:
Tue, 22. Jun 21, 23:44
Honestly anyone who doesn’t want to participate has a simple solution thanks to modifications. All created assets would have to be assets built into the game files which modifications could reroute, there are already mods that add cool ships.
Yes, but mods come with their own set of complications and limitations. Things included in the base game should be accessible VIA the base game, in my opinion. :) Not that it's a big deal as you say, workarounds exist.
"If I were a shadowy nemesis that wanted to strike the Protectorate where it's weakest, Pioneers space is where I'd begin."
- Delilah Shiratori

Fishille
x4

Post by Fishille » Wed, 23. Jun 21, 15:55

To be fair they will be offered as part of the game mode.
I totally understand your sentiment, but I also understand the direction the developers are wanting to go.

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 06:09

Has anyone captured the Oberth?

I'm about to board it and take it over, because it is unique, but I'm worried about later consenquences/bugs on my vanilla save.

Normally you get messages from the Dr. about the progress of terraforming gaian p. and Segaris. The planet surfaces visibly change for the better. My fear is, that if you capture the Oberth, you screw up your save.

Stoats not Goats
x4

Post by Stoats not Goats » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 11:04

Caedes91 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 06:09

I'm about to board it and take it over, because it is unique, but I'm worried about later consenquences/bugs on my vanilla save.

Normally you get messages from the Dr. about the progress of terraforming gaian p. and Segaris. The planet surfaces visibly change for the better. My fear is, that if you capture the Oberth, you screw up your save.
The ship is not capturable, it is created by the MD during the plot with the capturable="false" tag which means it is impossible to steal.
Taking a bath in Kingdom End :boron:

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:26

Stoats not Goats wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 11:04
Caedes91 wrote:

The ship is not capturable, it is created by the MD during the plot with the capturable="false" tag which means it is impossible to steal.
Are perhaps playing a different version? I'm still on patch 4.2 and I literally captured it. And on a vanilla save, no mods or anything, only official DLC. Green icon, can teleport to and fly it myself as well as command it like any other ship OOS. It keeps its name "Oberth". Dr. Feynman stands next to me in the bridge while I fly the ship around. The rest of his team and the old captain Rosa are dead though.
To avoid complications I captured it AFTER the Torus Aeternal Quest AND waited for it to arrive in Gaian Prophecy. (Was a goddamn long wait on the Oberth, Flight AI sucks when you are IS) I didn't try it before the conclusion of said quest. At some point in Gaian Prophecy, it is not possible to dock on it anymore, only comm it in your own ship and talk with the Dr. There I captured it, just normal, choose ship with marines, open board menu and hit confirm. The Oberth became hostile, just like any other ship would and then became mine.
Maybe there is a point where the capturable="false" tag unintentionally disappears/switches? Not sure of course, only my guess. That is why I fear bugs further down the line, when the devs didn't intend it to be capturable in the first place and this is only an oversight. But it is still tempting with its uniqueness...
Last edited by Caedes91 on Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:37

Errr... what is the big deal ? The Okinawa Research is sold in the PIO shipyard.
Right on commander !

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:44

Geek wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:37
Errr... what is the big deal ? The Okinawa Research is sold in the PIO shipyard.
No, the PIO shipyard doesn't have it, neither does the Terran one. You propably use a cheat mod or something similar.

Stoats not Goats
x4

Post by Stoats not Goats » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 10:46

Caedes91 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:26
Stoats not Goats wrote:
Caedes91 wrote:

Are perhaps playing a different version? I'm still on patch 4.2 and I literally captured it. And on a vanilla save, no mods or anything, only official DLC. Green icon, can teleport to and fly it myself as well as command it like any other ship OOS. It keeps its name "Oberth". Dr. Feynman stands next to me in the bridge while I fly the ship around. The rest of his team and the old captain Rosa are dead though.
To avoid complications I captured it AFTER the Torus Aeternal Quest AND waited for it to arrive in Gaian Prophecy. (Was a goddamn long wait on the Oberth, Flight AI sucks when you are IS) I didn't try it before the conclusion of said quest. At some point in Gaian Prophecy, it is not possible to dock on it anymore, only comm it in your own ship and talk with the Dr. There I captured it, just normal, choose ship with marines, open board menu and hit confirm. The Oberth became hostile, just like any other ship would and then became mine.
Maybe there is a point where the capturable="false" tag unintentionally disappears/switches? Not sure of course, only my guess. That is why I fear bugs further down the line, when the devs didn't intend it to be capturable in the first place and this is only an oversight. But it is still tempting with its uniqueness...
Hmm, that's really weird. The way the Oberth is created is with

Code: Select all

<create_ship name="$ResearchShip" capturable="false" missioncue="namespace" macro="ship_ter_l_research_01_a_macro" sector="$HQ.sector" commandeerable="false">
and there aren't any changes to the tag throughout the plot. Quite odd (and impressive) that you were able to board it.

Edit:
Also the Oberth upon entering Gaian Prophecy is destroyed, were you docked at the ship upon it the whole time? If so that may explain it because the ship gets a request vulnerability action which could possibly remove the capturable="false" tag but that's just speculation on my part

<create_order id="'MoveDie'" object="$ResearchShip" immediate="true"/>
Last edited by Stoats not Goats on Wed, 26. Jan 22, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.

My X4:F guides, maps and summaries|My highway mods|Get involved with the X4 wiki :)

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 10:53

Player strask412 wrote in a post above in this thread "It is now boardable in beta 4.10. Be quick before it despawns, after you've completed Terran Pests quest."
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Stoats not Goats
x4

Post by Stoats not Goats » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 10:59

Ahh right, cheers Alan. Must have to do with the cue to grant vulnerability immediately prior to the movedie instruction and being docked while that occurs.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Wed, 20. Apr 22, 16:36

just to inform you , the okinawa research cant be captured , not anymore. (as of 5.10)

i tried jumping on the ship before getting to gaian prophecy, i had a ship docked in it , and also tried waiting for it at gaian,

so far the only unique ship i was able to put my hands in a old save was the zeus and one of the rattlesnakes that spawns at the end of the paranid plot,

(was not the intention to necro this one) , but i wanted to write something up regarding this, as people might waste several hours for something that seems fixed (unless there is something in the process that i was not aware,
X gamer , one at a time.

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Sun, 3. Jul 22, 15:25

Stoats not Goats wrote:
Wed, 26. Jan 22, 10:46
Caedes91 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:26
Stoats not Goats wrote:

Hmm, that's really weird. The way the Oberth is created is with

<create_ship name="$ResearchShip" capturable="false" missioncue="namespace" macro="ship_ter_l_research_01_a_macro" sector="$HQ.sector" commandeerable="false">
and there aren't any changes to the tag throughout the plot. Quite odd (and impressive) that you were able to board it.

Edit:
Also the Oberth upon entering Gaian Prophecy is destroyed, were you docked at the ship upon it the whole time? If so that may explain it because the ship gets a request vulnerability action which could possibly remove the capturable="false" tag but that's just speculation on my part

<create_order id="'MoveDie'" object="$ResearchShip" immediate="true"/>
Sorry to necro the thread, but here are some screenshots from the capture. It was definitely not at release of COH, but I believe before ToA came out (not sure). As other have stated, it seems to be fixed now.

https://imgur.com/a/JMQIlfu

Please keep in mind, that I captured the Oberth all the way back in version 4.2. I cannot confirm, that it works now as of 5.1. I'm still playing on that save to this date.
And please let me remind you, that the Oberth is nothing special outside of its model.
You must decide, if it is worth the hassle. I just wanted this unique ship in my collection and have the professor enslaved, all just for the lulz.
As far as I can tell, there are no bugs, when you capture it. Normally, when the Oberth despawns, you get 2 messages from the prof after some time, telling you about their terraforming progress.
I can confirm, that you still get these messages, even if you take the professor and his ship prisoner.

To do this, you may need to downgrade your game and start a new save on the downgraded version, if it is possible to downgrade through steam at all, mind you.

What I describe in the following, therefore applies to game version 4.2 with SV and COH (duh), but without ToA!!!

1) Complete the Torus Aeternal Mission with the Geometric Owl as intended. Once completed, your final task is to dock on the Oberth, which will arrive in Earth to pick you up. Speak with the doctor and hand over the data. I docked with the Geometric Owl.

2)Once the Professor applauded you for your effort, you finally need to undock with the geometric owl. With this, the ownership of the Geometric Owl is finally transferred to you.
I immediately docked on the Oberth again and left it docked there.

3) The Oberth is now heading from Earth all the way to Gaian Prophecy (GP) and it flies there in real time, whether you are still onboard or elsewhere on the map.
While it is in transit, you can walk around in the Oberth as much as you like. You can only not dock on the Oberth, once it reaches the center of Gaian Prophecy. Then it becomes "civilian" and denies you any futher docking permission.

!!! When it arrives at earth and you handed over the data, is the earliest point, where it becomes capturable. No "impossible" flag during boarding screen. I can confirm, that it can be boarded and captured even before it makes it to Gaian Prophecy. I have done it this way too. Boarded in earth at full hull strength, Wait 30mins for your marines to capture it. I made it no further than Jupiter, before it became mine.
Your deadline is only, when the Oberth reaches the center of GP and you are not looking (OOS). Then it simply gets deleted by the game and you lose any ship that was still docked, when that happens!!!

4) But to avoid messing anythin up and get any unintended bugs, I waited on the Oberth to arrive at its final destination in Gaian prophecy -in real time. Needed to be patient XD.
I don't think it was necessary, but I definitely wanted to wait for the Oberth to switch to "Despawn mode", where it is no longer considered "needed" by the game. You can see it, when it no longer allows you to dock.

5) To capture it, I then just hopped in one of my random Okinawa in the vicinity (again, stay in GP, so the Oberth doesn't despawn), packed it full of marines (57), flew close to the Oberth and boarded it. The Oberth is a weak civilian ship, Therefore no need to damage it or do the fly-by-boarding. Just board it with both settings to "very strong" and unload all your marines. The Oberth obviously becomes hostile and won't allow you to just dock there. But any of your ship, that docked there beforehand, still stays docked and you can teleport there... on an enemy ship XD

That is why I was able to be onboard during the hostile take over. The original captain then just vanishes into thin air during the process.

6) This is important: When you board it before it arrives in GP, you can leave the sector and do something else. Your marines should capture it in time. But when you board it in GP, don't leave the sector, otherwise the Oberth simply gets deleted by the game, before your marines successfully capture it.

Return to “X4: Foundations”