Inside Egosoft Podcast -- #05 Stories and Missions -- now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Re: Inside Egosoft Podcast -- Episode #04 Station Editor -- now available

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 26. Jul 21, 21:47

doxbollox wrote:
Mon, 26. Jul 21, 21:46
It's so impressive to see how EGOsoft staff are spearheading the way in the 21st century with audio podcasts. What advanced marketing/communication tools are you going to introduce next Gregory, Morse code or Fax??!
Their next innovation is the introduction of a brand new rhetorical device, known as "sarcasm".

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 01:38

Now if that unlocked camera control could be used in pause mode when viewing the outside of a ship, we could get some sweet screenshots!
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 11:53

doxbollox wrote:
What advanced marketing/communication tools are you going to introduce next Gregory, Morse code or Fax??!
Send me a PM with your number and I'll add you to my exclusive pager messaging list :P
Anything else can be found at https://linktr.ee/egosoft
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 20:09

When did podcasts become outdated? They've been around for a couple decades maybe, but major outlets use them and start new ones regularly...
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 27. Jul 21, 20:26

Gregory wrote:
Tue, 27. Jul 21, 11:53
doxbollox wrote:
What advanced marketing/communication tools are you going to introduce next Gregory, Morse code or Fax??!
Send me a PM with your number and I'll add you to my exclusive pager messaging list :P
Anything else can be found at https://linktr.ee/egosoft
O'rly? TikTok? -10 reputation. :P

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Wed, 28. Jul 21, 09:15

chew-ie wrote:
Tue, 27. Jul 21, 20:26
O'rly? TikTok? -10 reputation. :P
:P Just like with the podcast, our channels on Twitter, Instagram and elsewhere, the same applies here: it's an offer for people who like to use it and a way for us to make new people curious. We don't assume that the majority of our players follow us on all of our channels. That's why the common denominator is and will remain the news on our website or the Steam X4 page and our newsletter (to be activated in the User Control Panel of the forum). Anything beyond that is a bonus for those who want to use the respective platforms.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 06:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mUPPJ65l5I

ep 5 Inside Egosoft Podcast #05 Stories and Missions
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 07:07

In Episode #05 of the Inside Egosoft podcast, Greg talks to Lennart (a.k.a. Gimbutz), who is part of the mission team at Egosoft. In this conversation, Lennart provides some fascinating insights into his work. How are stories and missions created in X4? Which tasks provide the greatest challenges? What is the most helpful type of player feedback for the mission team? All this, and more, is answered in this new episode.

▪️ Spotify
▪️ Pocket Casts
▪️ Google Podcasts
▪️ Apple Podcasts
▪️ Breaker
▪️ RadioPublic
▪️ Anchor

We hope you enjoy this new episode; don't forget to subscribe to Inside Egosoft using your favourite podcast app. If you don't want to use an audio app, then you can of course listen to the podcast in your browser (e.g. via https://anchor.fm/inside-egosoft) or find it on our YouTube channel.

Axeface
x4

Re: Inside Egosoft Podcast -- #05 Stories and Missions -- now available

Post by Axeface » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 15:54

Cool episode. As for the 'Im right behind you' moment I was utterly confused and was convinced it was a bug, so much so i reloaded multiple times, flew around trying to figure out what 'went wrong' and even made a forum thread. I continued on with it in the back of my mind thinking something might be broken. Honestly im conditioned to assume bug when something like that happens. I think that some extra sound work on the clip that repeats with some garbled voice and static might emphasise that its something else.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 16:39

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 3. Sep 21, 15:54
Cool episode. As for the 'Im right behind you' moment I was utterly confused and was convinced it was a bug, so much so i reloaded multiple times, flew around trying to figure out what 'went wrong' and even made a forum thread. I continued on with it in the back of my mind thinking something might be broken. Honestly im conditioned to assume bug when something like that happens. I think that some extra sound work on the clip that repeats with some garbled voice and static might emphasise that its something else.
Agreed--exact same experience here.
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Fri, 3. Sep 21, 21:41

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 3. Sep 21, 15:54
I was confused at what happened but didn't think it was a bug, I actually thought
Spoiler
Show
Obelisk was Haile, because we never saw Haile in person. He could have been in disguise to lure us into a trap
I was also confused when Haile mention Nellie when you are not Terran, during the mission where you find a Yaki beacon, I thought it was the voice behind mission command. I got it the second time I played through the missions as I realised it's his ship/computer assistant. I was surprised he would talk to mission command like that (using her first name). I am not a native English speaker so that is probably a contributing factor. Edit: Starting the "Terran Cadet", I had a better understanding of Nellie. I previously played as Argon and didn't go through that introduction.

The Terran plots are still the best in X4 in my opinion and good work on the generic missions, they definitely added some variety. Hopefully we get even more in future :-)
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 02:50

Another excellent episode Gregory - really enjoying the series so far… If I may be so bold, some suggestions for future episodes…

1. Invite Lino to talk about design and aesthetics of the X-universe. There’s literally terabytes (ok, slight exaggeration) of aesthetics discussion on the forum. I’m sure folks would love to hear from the man holding the digital canvas.

2. An episode focusing on game lore. How was it created? Why have insects, amphibians and bipeds? Was there ever a thought about non-oxygen breathing species? Who are these mysterious gate creators / controllers? Etc. You get the idea… Some folks are new to the series and possibly would appreciate story info. Maybe you could invite the author of the X books as a guest?

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Thu, 10. Feb 22, 06:27

Gregory wrote:
Fri, 3. Sep 21, 07:07
In Episode #05 of the Inside Egosoft podcast, Greg talks to Lennart (a.k.a. Gimbutz), who is part of the mission team at Egosoft. In this conversation, Lennart provides some fascinating insights into his work. How are stories and missions created in X4? Which tasks provide the greatest challenges? What is the most helpful type of player feedback for the mission team? All this, and more, is answered in this new episode.

▪️ Spotify
▪️ Pocket Casts
▪️ Google Podcasts
▪️ Apple Podcasts
▪️ Breaker
▪️ RadioPublic
▪️ Anchor

We hope you enjoy this new episode; don't forget to subscribe to Inside Egosoft using your favourite podcast app. If you don't want to use an audio app, then you can of course listen to the podcast in your browser (e.g. via https://anchor.fm/inside-egosoft) or find it on our YouTube channel.
It's been a while since the last episode :-)
I was wondering if there was any appetite to talk about how the game is maintained, QA/testing, public testing, how to keep the team engaged in fixing bugs but also developing new cool features.
Hearing about the future of creative/custom game starts, if there is any plans would be nice too.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Return to “X4: Foundations”