Feeding the Gremlins after midnight.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

exogenesis
x4

Feeding the Gremlins after midnight.

Post by exogenesis » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 00:27

Sharing again :)

Was going to call this Xenon Herding, but I think that one's already taken by jlehtone.

Seem to have generated a mega-fleet of Xenon,
by dumping all their shipyards & wharfs into Turquoise Sea, and feeding them to repletion :
http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/20211226225710_1.jpg

Now they're rampaging through Taladi space, & only the Defense Platforms can slow them down :
http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/20211226225439_1.jpg

Counting 23 K's & 3 I's + innumerable P, M, N, in one sort of 'fleet',
I don't think the four Pheonixs coming in in the shot can do much...

Stangely they don't seem to want to go to their owned sectors in Terran space
http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/20211226230857_1.jpg
(from previous re-location of Xenon stations to Earth & Oort),
but mostly want to go & patrol the central sectors like Grand Exchange

Generating some mega 'lighting up the sky' battles as they encounter Buzzard & Falcon fleets,
unfortunately at around 5 fps for my PC, but still fun to watch, even if it's a foregone conclusion...

Lord Dakier
x4

Re: Feeding the Gremlins after midnight.

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 01:59

Did I miss something? How come the Xenon aren't doing anything, or is this a custom game with them set as friendly?

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 02:17

yes, I have them a friendly to me - so I can see them doing their thing up-close without getting clobbered.
How do you mean 'arent doing anything' ? - they're rampaging through Teladi space at the moment.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 02:48

exogenesis wrote:
Mon, 27. Dec 21, 02:17
yes, I have them a friendly to me - so I can see them doing their thing up-close without getting clobbered.
How do you mean 'arent doing anything' ? - they're rampaging through Teladi space at the moment.
I meant to you xD

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 15:44

The virtue of shepherd in Ultima IV was humility, wasn't it? As such anyone can take that profession ... :goner:
But, you do feed them.

Do I count right? Eleven Xenon sectors? The 23 K's & 3 I's is probably three I-fleets and 17 K-fleets.
Just trying to estimate the "job quotas" from that.

How did they build multiple yards in same sector? No other options, yet enough realm to justify
more than one plot? Did Sol ever had any Xenon Wharfs/Yards?

Have you been feeding the Argnu too? Looks like they have taken new pastures.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Mon, 27. Dec 21, 18:45

I would guess it's hit the jobs limit for Xenon,
especially given the sheer number of XEN fighter/miner/energy ships as well.

The Xenon yards are the ones that they built 'naturally' originally in different sectors,
but I collected up and teleported them (game file edit)
initially to Earth & Oort, & for a month or more they decimated/owned the TER sectors,
but I just recently relocated all those yards into Turquoise Sea IX.

TEL seem to be holding them up better than TER did,
thinking probably due to the L-plasma turret defense stations.

In some ways I wish the XEN weren't quite sooo 'attacky',
the whole XEN fleet constantly goes on silly chases after tiny ships,
slowing their whole progress down considerably...

Every faction (except FAF & Khaak) gets as many cheap ships as they want,
but the main factions seem to be maintaining their own economies pretty well it seems,
so no need to feed them as well.
ARG & to some extent TEL have been better at colonising than I would have expected
c.f say RHA who are supposedly more agressive (or maybe not after unification ?)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 08:54

exogenesis wrote:
Mon, 27. Dec 21, 18:45
The Xenon yards are the ones that they built 'naturally' originally in different sectors,
Ahh, that explains.

I stick to soft hints. The 4.0-4.1 was harsh. Xenon fleets are almost all in Scale Plate corner. Emperor's Pride was under siege, but Xenon had a bit of logistics left (unlike last Atiya that has only empty SY). Lack of jobs was limiting the Xenon. So, I did two* things:
* Created free jobs by tickling Xenon in Hewa
* Bought ships. Specifically, from PAR Wharf in Wretched Skies. For the purpose to drain its stocks.

With allowance to build, PAR (temporary) inability to cope with attrition, and 4.20 all** went according to the plan.

* Three: Some harm did come to Intervention Corps the moment they left Sol. Stay home Terran kids for Selaia Tarren is out there.
** Well, almost all. Instead of systematically taking sectors, Xenon did send a lone K to PAR Wharf. Logical deep strike, but not if you get killed in vain.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 12:23

exogenesis wrote:
I would guess it's hit the jobs limit for Xenon
This was the problem in my game with Xenon allies. All factions have a fleet cap that is approximately 5 fleets of 1 support 1 carrier 6-7 cruisers and about thirty fighters.

This type of fleet is also applied with Xenon only that instead of support and carrier they have I and K.

According to being "them against all" the Xenon cap should be at least double to be successful against the stations ;)
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 19:36

Doubling the total jobs for Xenon sounds like a good idea,
at least for late gamers, not sure if that would make the early game a tad agressive
- maybe a ramping up jobs count over time, or dependent on players 'total worth' ?

jle, don't you end up as enemy of Terra if you take on the Intervention Corps regularly ?

It does seem that at some point faction 'eugenics' is a necessary part of the game,
to keep the galaxy interesting anyway.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 28. Dec 21, 20:52

Of course. Backstabbing and bribing to keep bystanders quiet is not the way of the warrior. :split:

I do consider the -30 relationship a bonus. Alas, it was way easier to get than in X3AP. :cry:

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 02:43

jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 28. Dec 21, 08:54
exogenesis wrote:
Ahh, that explains.

I stick to soft hints. The 4.0-4.1 was harsh. Xenon fleets are almost all in Scale Plate corner. Emperor's Pride was under siege, but Xenon had a bit of logistics left (unlike last Atiya that has only empty SY). Lack of jobs was limiting the Xenon. So, I did two* things:
* Created free jobs by tickling Xenon in Hewa
* Bought ships. Specifically, from PAR Wharf in Wretched Skies. For the purpose to drain its stocks.

With allowance to build, PAR (temporary) inability to cope with attrition, and 4.20 all** went according to the plan.

* Three: Some harm did come to Intervention Corps the moment they left Sol. Stay home Terran kids for Selaia Tarren is out there.
** Well, almost all. Instead of systematically taking sectors, Xenon did send a lone K to PAR Wharf. Logical deep strike, but not if you get killed in vain.
What do you mean by tickling Xenon in Hewa?

I am myself trying to "stimulate" Xenon production but I am not sure what to do :? Could destroying a defense station help to rebuild a Wharf?

I am asking because I am focusing on Atiya's Misfortune and Faulty Logic where the Xenon presence is quite feeble.
There is only one shipyard producing a K every now and then (although the resource level looks like it could make more.
There is no Wharf and I believe that might be their issue (and mine by extension).
I am looking at how I could make them build one and considering destroying one of the defense station (there is two in one sector, not sure how useful is that).
I have already taken care of the Kha'ak installation in Antigone Memorial that, I think, was causing Kha'ak to spawn in those two Xenon clusters (I looked at all hexagon corners of those sectors as I usually do to find any Kha'ak base).

If you guys have any tips... Let me know.
I am playing against Xenon and friends with most factions (for paintjobs) so my options are limited but I can hack most stations :-)
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:36

gorman2040 wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 02:43
What do you mean by tickling Xenon in Hewa?
I donate them big balls of fire and they chant: Explosion imminent.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 18:43

jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 17:36
I donate them big balls of fire and they chant: Explosion imminent.
Roger that, I will try your method :D
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Return to “X4: Foundations”