SUGGESTION: Make drones immune to hazardous regions!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lord-Herek

SUGGESTION: Make drones immune to hazardous regions!

Post by Lord-Herek » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 13:08

So you can actually mine in hazardous regions with L-Miners even when you are present in the sector.

The way it works currently - that you have to be OOS so L-Miner drones don't get destroyed by hazardous region - is not ideal and kinda defeats the whole purpose of using L-Miners for hazardous regions.

LameFox
x4

Re: SUGGESTION: Make drones immune to hazardous regions!

Post by LameFox » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 16:02

I never actually checked if drones died in these. It does seem a bit silly, after they bothered to make the damage work OOS—clearly 'go OOS' isn't meant to be a solution. It seems like they put these regions in there as flavour but never added any kind of gameplay around it, just 'oh your stuff dies there sometimes, isn't that entertaining'. If you're going to put in a hazardous region and you're going to put resources in it, there should be some way to harvest those resources that doesn't require getting by on a technicality.
***modified***

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 17:35

Wait, do they need drones? Can't you put mining lasers on the L miners?
I've never really payed attention to these.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 26. Jan 22, 17:42

Raptor34 wrote:
Wed, 26. Jan 22, 17:35
Wait, do they need drones? Can't you put mining lasers on the L miners?
I've never really payed attention to these.
Yes, they need drones. L miners shoot rocks with their mining turret(s), then send out drones to collect the chunks.

Return to “X4: Foundations”