Something has always bothered me about the Xenon

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

oddgit
x4

Something has always bothered me about the Xenon

Post by oddgit » Thu, 27. Jan 22, 05:05

I started playing X ad X3 reunion, and when I read about the Xenon I thought they were pretty cool, self replicating machines that spread like a virus. I always thought it would be neat that if rater than the Xenon blowing up a station or capitol class ship they captured/converted the target to a xenon ship or station, or now with the scrap/recycle feature in 5.0 they were able to quickly build new resources. I picture a ship the size of a raptor or asgard gobbling up wrecks and popping out fresh xenon ships. That was initially what they were built to do.

Manawydn
x4

Re: Something has always bothered me about the Xenon

Post by Manawydn » Sun, 30. Jan 22, 05:53

I think it's a great idea that adds flavor and context to the Xenon in an easy way. Give them scrapping modules/blueprints and a Xenon-tug. They are terraformers, designed to make use of their environments so it makes sense.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sun, 30. Jan 22, 10:09

That's actually a cool idea, giving Xenons tug ships and being able to immediately recycle targets they destroy and it makes sense for them to do it.

It could be either recycling stations with tug ships flying around, or perhaps a carrier-like mobile recycling ship, with tug ship groups collecting stuff for it and then mining ships being able to transport produced ore and silicon from the big ship to shipyards/wharfs.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 30. Jan 22, 10:40

A new Xenon M0 would be nice.
Even if all they could do at the start is produce their basic miners/transports.
Will help them get back on their feet at least.

TKz
x4

Post by TKz » Sun, 30. Jan 22, 11:23

Instead of transforming wrecks into ressources, maybe they could use their tugs to collects wrecks then repair and Xenify the wrecks at their shipyards ?
Imagine a Xenified Raptor or Rattlesnake :lol:
With improved stats, graviton turrets ... :mrgreen:

Return to “X4: Foundations”