Ship paints

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fridayangel

Ship paints

Post by fridayangel » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 20:10

I've been trying to find some kind of ship paint viewer, or even a list (with images) of the paintjobs available in game. I found this post viewtopic.php?t=439959 with this link https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... /Paintmods. But the link does not work for me. It loads for about a minute and then I get the error message "www.egosoft.com unexpectantly closed the connection", "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED". I even tried with *shudder* the Edge browser.

Anyone know if this is an old, closed link or if it has something to do on my end?

chew-ie
x4

Re: Ship paints

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 20:20

You have to use the proper X4 wiki (see links at the top of the forum) and e.g. search for "paint": https://wiki.egosoft.com:1337/X4%20Foun ... anguage=en

Also, there is this thread which describes how to get the paints in a custom game. (as most of the paintjobs aren't obtainable through normal gameplay)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

fridayangel

Post by fridayangel » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 20:46

This worked, thank you!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 22:30

Moved to the main X4 forum (from Spoilers) to inform other players as there are no gameplay spoilers here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

PV_
x4

Post by PV_ » Sun, 21. Jan 24, 08:36

I wish there wasn't Ventures FOMO for paintjobs. There is already good practice when during event player may get a thing much easier. Its still available afterwards but with significantly more efforts. Perhaps put a condition to make 10 billions profitssss from trades only and lock it to the current save file (non-modified) instead of attaching to Egosoft account. :sceptic:

Return to “X4: Foundations”