[QoL Request] Make proximity docking requests optional

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Feloidea
x4

[QoL Request] Make proximity docking requests optional

Post by Feloidea » Wed, 20. Mar 24, 15:04

So I just ran into a silly little issue that shouldn't be one: taking over control of one of my destroyers to defend against a little Xenon incursion I undock and start turning towards the offenders ... only for the game to request docking on proximity (I had not asked for docking clearance) and then because I got close enough to one of the L docking spots (or the one I just undocked from), it actually docked.

I already found it slightly distracting when I was doing my usual station scanning runs and I kept getting docking requests whenever I flew close to a docking module, but those I can always just ignore or manually clear the requests with the hotkey if necessary. However this was the first time it actually forcibly docked me, all because I was too close to the docking modules (yeah, no surprise when I literally just undocked).

A fix for such behaviour would be if we had an option in the game settings to enable or disable these proximity docking requests, Those who like it can have it stay and those like me who do all their stuff with hotkeys anways can disable it.

Thanks

adeine
x4

Re: [QoL Request] Make proximity docking requests optional

Post by adeine » Wed, 20. Mar 24, 15:19

Recent topic on the issue.

Return to “X4: Foundations”