[Request] Enhance commander turret "defend" to include subordinates

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

[Request] Enhance commander turret "defend" to include subordinates

Post by user1679 » Fri, 22. Mar 24, 05:41

I was watching my small fleet of 3 L destroyers and 5 S fighters while they went after a random SCA fleet that had 1 L something and a bunch of M/S ships. My commander's turrets were set to "defend" (also my other 2 L ships) and my S ships were set to "attack for commander". Everything was working as it should except at the end.

When I told my commander to "attack" the SCA L ship, she did so and her fighters also attacked. The problem came after it was destroyed and there were still a bunch of S SCA ships attacking my S ships. They were buzzing all around my 3 L ships but their flak turrets were not firing because the commander had not been hit which never triggered the "defend" script for the turrets. I think extending the "defend" state to include any subordinate would be extremely useful. My fighters would have loved some flak coverage while they tried to clean up.

Return to “X4: Foundations”