[Request] Vr view without vr controller support

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rambus
x4

[Request] Vr view without vr controller support

Post by Rambus » Fri, 22. Mar 24, 16:22

Is there a mod that changes the view port for vr? So you can view the x4 universe through vr and not square window.

I'm not talking about changing the controls and using vr controllers. Egosoft has extensively worked on camera/view port to improve viewing battles of the game but missed a requested vr view port feature for years.

If a developer reads this, please implement this as feature. You don't have worry about supporting vr controllers, we just want the option that enables view port for vr. As customer and fan of your game this would be my biggest requested feature to add.

Please don't comment that they won't or not willing, as I've read this over years but that pertains to fully converting x4 to vr. That isn't what I am talking about, I just want the view port compatible with vr head sets, and not the controls(should be less work to implement I think).

This is just feature request or mod request.

chew-ie
x4

Re: [Request] Vr view without vr controller support

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 22. Mar 24, 17:32

Are you aware of this guide from MarcusInVR @steam? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2957030766

He also covers some solutions RE controls.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Rambus
x4

Re: [Request] Vr view without vr controller support

Post by Rambus » Fri, 22. Mar 24, 18:31

chew-ie wrote:
Fri, 22. Mar 24, 17:32
Are you aware of this guide from MarcusInVR @steam? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2957030766

He also covers some solutions RE controls.
Yep, I've used that guide. Best there is for now, which isn't that good sadly.

That guide shows how to displays flat/curved square window in front of your eyes that tracks you head movement. It's certainly not the same as what 1st post describes of with full vr view (360 deg view port). Thanks though!

Return to “X4: Foundations”