Suggestions for improvement regarding looting with cargo drones

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nico07091980
x3tc

Suggestions for improvement regarding looting with cargo drones

Post by Nico07091980 » Sat, 23. Mar 24, 15:59

Hello there,

I had been searching for "looting with cargo drones" and found no post so far. So I just created this thread :)

I have been using a lot of different ship types to loot containers automatically. I like medium ships but needed a lot of them to get the job done. That spammed my porperty overview. Fleeting them up where no option becaus fleets can't use highways as I would like them to do. Destroyer class is my prefered option. For looting they can launch less cargo drones than auxiliary ships but they are faster so I need not too many to cover a site 24/7 and they haven't major differences in behavior when in fleet or not. With destroyers as looters and commanders in fleets my property overview is nice and clean. At least in this regard :)

But:
- Cargo drones are launched once per "Collect Drops" command. if new drops pop up while drones are out for looting no further unused drones are launched for the new drops.
- Unlike S and M ships cargo drones don't mark cargo drops as in progress (green) what makes drones of several ships going for the same drop while ignoring drops wich haven't drones coming for them.

This is frustrating for me when I watch what my looters do. Are containers still despawned by timer when already carried by a drone? If yes that is also very irritating for me.
I would appreciate a change to improve the described behaviors.

Cheers

Falcrack
x4

Re: Suggestions for improvement regarding looting with cargo drones

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 24. Mar 24, 05:44

In my opinion, cargo drones that go out to collect cargo need to be faster. Like, 10 times faster.

chew-ie
x4

Re: Suggestions for improvement regarding looting with cargo drones

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 24. Mar 24, 09:32

We need Gazz's little GremlinsGoblins back :) (M.A.R.S. mod from X3 if I remember correctly? :gruebel: )

Those guys were awesome :thumb_up:

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Return to “X4: Foundations”