How do I find a harrassing ship

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr.Killer
x4

How do I find a harrassing ship

Post by Mr.Killer » Sun, 14. Apr 24, 14:58

How do I find this ship, logged by name and reg number, but I can't find the little B-atch, he destroyed one of my hard working cargo ships and I want to pay him a visit...
Also in Beta 7 and I wonder why my assigned Katana was ONE SECTOR AWAY AND WAITED!!!! while all it has to do is, protect! DAMN!

And the weirdest thing is, it wanted the cargo, and destroyed the ship, and left the cargo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Falcrack
x4

Re: How do I find a harrassing ship

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 14. Apr 24, 15:16

You can set a global alert to look for a specific ship ID. You can also type the ID in the search bar on the map to help locate it easier.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 14. Apr 24, 15:26

Maybe its in one of the 7 beta new sectors, and you have not discovered them yet?
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 14. Apr 24, 15:33

Yeah, pirates aren't very good about making use of cargo. Sometimes they're full of stuff they apparently can't sell and keep demanding more, other times they just... leave it, for no apparent reason.
***modified***

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 14. Apr 24, 16:15

When a pirate harasses one of my ships and I want to take revenge and/or capture it, I quickly assign one of my ships to follow it while I still have eyes on it. They will follow that ship even if radar contact is lost.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sun, 14. Apr 24, 16:24

Right top corner - search: tap in the three-three code (DAP-469) without any brackets or so, and eventually it pops up on de radar if it was out of range. Took me a while, but I got him, clean kill! :twisted:
Should not have messed with a hu-man! :lol:
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sun, 14. Apr 24, 20:38

LameFox wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 24, 15:33
Yeah, pirates aren't very good about making use of cargo. Sometimes they're full of stuff they apparently can't sell and keep demanding more, other times they just... leave it, for no apparent reason.
It's not about the stuff, it's about getting your pilot to do something they don't want to do. The SCA lost their home world to the Xenon, so I expect their self-confidence is completely shattered. They're just trying to convince themselves that they can have SOME effect on the world around them, so they do things like this. Which means you need to kill them with captured Xenon ships to really rub it in.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

patric124
x3fl

Post by patric124 » Sun, 14. Apr 24, 23:56

the pirates dock after a tryed or succesfull theft and change the id. if you cant catch him on the spot he is gone.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 08:45

Zloth2 wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 24, 20:38
LameFox wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 24, 15:33
It's not about the stuff, it's about getting your pilot to do something they don't want to do. The SCA lost their home world to the Xenon, so I expect their self-confidence is completely shattered. They're just trying to convince themselves that they can have SOME effect on the world around them, so they do things like this. Which means you need to kill them with captured Xenon ships to really rub it in.
LOL, I got a few now, maybe I try that later.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 08:55

patric124 wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 24, 23:56
the pirates dock after a tryed or succesfull theft and change the id. if you cant catch him on the spot he is gone.
The part of the ID changing, is something we can't do, even if we capture one of their ships, there is no button "CHANGE ID".
Maybe something someone should explain why that is.

Simple fact - or eliminate the things that would not match to find the ship that is hiding its ID (or intentions), open com and start talking to them, if they respond normal, leave them, or follow them until they harras another ship.
If they respond with "I'm not talking to you" given the status of SCA-PIRATES generally, they respond bad to you, that is a sign it might be a pirate.

This one time I had in my katana a few adv. satellites, they wanted the cargo, pulled the brake from travelspeed and meet the bugger. Last time he harrassed anyone... but there are so many...

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 16:26

Mr.Killer wrote:
Sun, 14. Apr 24, 16:24
Right top corner - search: tap in the three-three code (DAP-469) without any brackets or so, and eventually it pops up on de radar if it was out of range. Took me a while, but I got him, clean kill! :twisted:
Should not have messed with a hu-man! :lol:
I didn't realise you could do the code thing. Nice.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Metran

Post by Metran » Sat, 20. Apr 24, 18:57

Easiest way to find out if it's a pirate is to perform a Ship Scan, they may respond with "Stop that" (or similar line) and find it annoying but it will reveal its true colours (ID) if it's a SCA/FAF Ship or VIG (although they always have VIG in their name?). Other ways to identify a pirate is by the ships name, among others SCA S/M-class ships have "Marauder" in their name, careful of FRF which also have such ship names, and L-class ships have "Plunderer" in their name.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Mon, 22. Apr 24, 13:03

I made this post: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=461694
It made me aware that where your advanced satellites are, they can detect harrassing ships if they get out of reach, out of sight.

This is a smart option and no hassel. Hope to have helped anyone.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/z30ppkcj ... 7koby&dl=0

Return to “X4: Foundations”