Some questions about missions flow (especially for terrans)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

glorsh66

Post by glorsh66 » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 21:50

I have completed Terran Solborn Militia first part. When you lost your comrade and helped to deter a hug xenon attack on a station.
After this I was ordered to pay a visit to my lady boss, and got a mission to blend in with Segaris Pioneers as a spy.

Does it mean that that it just start Segaris Pioneers quest line? (does it always include finding boron space? (even before boron DLC??)
Is there any difference if I just started Segaris Pioneers quest line, or got this spy mission? Does the game make any difference?

How do I continue my main terran cadet quest line? (i suppose terran Solborn Militia)

Also will I be able to save my lost fried? (I suppose he got captured by Yaki pirates?)

Koizuki

Re: Some questions about missions flow (especially for terrans)

Post by Koizuki » Mon, 15. Apr 24, 22:24

I think technically you are already done with the Terran Cadet mission? The Segaris one should lead into the Terran's version of the PHQ quest, which involves a specific Boron NPC (Boso Ta) rather than Boron Space itself, which as far as I'm aware, requires the DLC to access (which begins with another mission to go meet up with the Alliance in Heretic's End.)

As to the last question, without much spoilers, yes, you will have the chance to save him, but there's no time limit on this so you can proceed at your own pace.

Zloth2
x4

Re: Some questions about missions flow (especially for terrans)

Post by Zloth2 » Wed, 17. Apr 24, 03:01

The Terran start is just that bit at the very start where you explore a shipwreck and find a nasty surprise. If I remember right, the next step is to meet up with a fleet, then fly out of Terran space to help defend a station.

If you do a start that is not Terran and get your relationship up to 5 or so, the Terrans will invite you to join their equivalent of the Foreign Legion. When you agree to that, you are asked to meet up with that exact same fleet. I don't remember if you meet them inside or outside of Terran space, but you still defend the same station. So, basically, that shipwreck mission is the cadet start mission.

The Genesis (Pioneer) start is a little longer. Instead of shooting at things, though, you'll repair satellites and learn a little about black markets. Then you have an interesting, unique interaction with the Player HQ. After that, it's just like any other start.

That's the general pattern of these DLC missions: they start you out in such a way that one of the bigger missions will naturally flow from it. For the Pioneers, it's the HQ mission. For the Terrans, it's the Savage Spur situation.

I've got a guide covering all this stuff here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2954241930
(A guide that's going to need some updating with all those new tutorials in 7.0!)

P.S. No Kingdom End DLC means no Boron space. The gate in Heretic's End is inactive.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Return to “X4: Foundations”