[question] about fixes and compatibility

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Halpog
x4

[question] about fixes and compatibility

Post by Halpog » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 06:13

dear ego soft
i got a small question for u guys

is it maybe possible that we can mark fixes and corrections u made and will make somehow ?
i mean if they need a new game to be fixed, or if the fix is save game compatible

u got a whole mega list of fixes u made and putting an ( as example )
NG for new game
SC for save compatible
into it would greatly help us too

ZombyDog
x4

Re: [question] about fixes and compatibility

Post by ZombyDog » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 06:48

Halpog wrote:
Wed, 24. Apr 24, 06:13
dear ego soft
i got a small question for u guys

is it maybe possible that we can mark fixes and corrections u made and will make somehow ?
i mean if they need a new game to be fixed, or if the fix is save game compatible

u got a whole mega list of fixes u made and putting an ( as example )
NG for new game
SC for save compatible
into it would greatly help us too
It's a totally reasonable request but from memory Egosoft have strived to make it that anything done or added or modified is retroactively applied to old save games ( to the point that folks have criticized it ), meaning you could load a save game from release 1.0 X4 foundations in the current version and experience everything the same as a fresh new game in the current build without needing the distinction ( from my own experience the only thing I ever noticed was finding an old save game from very early on and being surprised by the NPC models showing up that had since been phased out - they're still there in the game but no longer spawn for your new games, but if you had an Argon captain in full motorcross get up back in the release version of X4, he's still waiting for you when you load up that ancient creaky save in the latest versions ).

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 09:05

I have moved this out of the Public Beta forum, the rules for which explicitly ask you not to post general questions like this there.

To answer your question, all fixes are savegame compatible. There may be a handful of changes that are only, or primarily, applicable to new games (e.g. the new ships will be much more common more quickly in a newly started game) but those should be fairly obvious. Any that are not obvious will have a note next to them. The fact that you don't see many such notes is a sign that it's a very rare situation. :)

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 11:55

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 24. Apr 24, 09:05
I have moved this out of the Public Beta forum, the rules for which explicitly ask you not to post general questions like this there.

To answer your question, all fixes are savegame compatible. There may be a handful of changes that are only, or primarily, applicable to new games (e.g. the new ships will be much more common more quickly in a newly started game) but those should be fairly obvious. Any that are not obvious will have a note next to them. The fact that you don't see many such notes is a sign that it's a very rare situation. :)
ahhh ok yeah thanks for the answer :)
will save me a lot of headdache and time because i dont need to start over and over after each beta release :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”