Thank You Egosoft (7.0 Beta)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

capitalduty

Thank You Egosoft (7.0 Beta)

Post by capitalduty » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 17:12

I'm a long-time fan of the franchise, always wanting a no-nonsense approach to large ships battles using all the weapons at their disposal. Yesterday I ordered an Asgard to target 4 L destroyers within a 40 km radius... I didn't expect to see a wonderful display yet.

Target after target, Asgard aimed and tracked in a logical time frame each ship unleashing a white ray of glory... each target dies beautifully with all the fireworks included. I'm happy that Egosoft finally made it happen, capital ship battles will never be the same in a good way.

flywlyx
x4

Re: Thank You Egosoft (7.0 Beta)

Post by flywlyx » Thu, 25. Apr 24, 21:07

They finally eliminated the minimum firing limit, which is great news. This change will improve the effectiveness of destroyers and battleships in combat against each other.

However, Xenon K/I could still pose a problem if they directly travel to the top/bottom of destroyers/battleships using travel drive, as the pitch angle limit remains in place.

It is still there.
Last edited by flywlyx on Mon, 29. Apr 24, 16:13, edited 3 times in total.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Fri, 26. Apr 24, 13:27

My favourite change not mentioned anywhere as far as I can see is that they restored the map icons for player ships when zoomed out (in the centre of the screen, anyway). :)

x4

Post by 13913408324 » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 01:53

A capital ship cannot easily kill a fighter jet, they say it's for balance
An asgard eliminate 4 L destroyers without any damage,they say nothing......

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 19:35

This is what I'm most excited for. Cap ship combat right now is... horrific. Game-quittingly bad.
Maybe I should just play the beta, rather than wait for full release. Better to have a bugged but good AI than a clean and awful one.
This sı not ǝpısdn down.

Return to “X4: Foundations”