Food & Meds compatibility

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

redstamp

Food & Meds compatibility

Post by redstamp » Wed, 22. May 24, 11:51

I am trying to build up population to make bases more efficient but confused about food & meds compatibility.

I understand from the encyclopedia there are 5 food types (rations [Antigone & Argon], nostrop, MRE, chelt & scruffin).
- any reason the Split have two? Do they need both?
- what do Boron eat?

All seem to have medical supplies for themselves and relevant blueprints but the actual module looks the same.
- So can any medical supply module have any of the inputs, or do I need to learn the logo for each (race) module to remember what inputs it needs in each production base?
- Are all of the output meds supplies used by all of the races, so even though I produce meds with Teladi inputs, I can then use the meds to build up a Paranid population?

Thanks,
Jon

jlehtone
x4

Re: Food & Meds compatibility

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 22. May 24, 12:21

Meds is meds, no matter what makes them. No special meds that would work only for one species.

Med module requires resources of its type; e.g only Argon module does use Wheat (and none of the other types).

Split differ in food usage. Probably to be a bit less copy-paste.

Boron have BoFu and BoGas, I presume.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

redstamp

Post by redstamp » Wed, 22. May 24, 15:39

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 22. May 24, 12:21
Meds is meds, no matter what makes them. No special meds that would work only for one species.
Med module requires resources of its type; e.g only Argon module does use Wheat (and none of the other types).
Perfect - thanks
jlehtone wrote:
Boron have BoFu and BoGas, I presume.
Good point - missing from my Encyclopedia under Boron Provisions for some reason.
jlehtone wrote:
Split differ in food usage. Probably to be a bit less copy-paste.
I was wondering whether they can eat either then and purely player optional - as my encyclopedia seems to say both are provisions - but based on Boron food missing from this section of encyclopedia, I am now wondering if it's actually a misprint, as Scruffin fruit is also an input to Split meds, so maybe encyclopedia just wrong and Scruffin Fruit not a Split food provision...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 22. May 24, 16:15

redstamp wrote:
Wed, 22. May 24, 15:39
I was wondering whether they can eat either then and purely player optional - as my encyclopedia seems to say both are provisions - but based on Boron food missing from this section of encyclopedia, I am now wondering if it's actually a misprint, as Scruffin fruit is also an input to Split meds, so maybe encyclopedia just wrong and Scruffin Fruit not a Split food provision...
I have Split habitats. They do consume meds, scruffin, and chelt.

https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/ ... y_mistake/ shows that Teladi does differ from Argon/Paranid a little too. Furthermore, Split lack illegal fuel/dust/weed/stimulant.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 22. May 24, 17:28

Boron workers require bofu, meds & water.

Return to “X4: Foundations”