intervista con Bernd

Discussioni generali sui giochi della Egosoft, tra cui X-BTF, XT, X², X³, X³TC, X³AP.

Moderator: Moderatori per il Forum Italiano

Hugoz
x3tc

intervista con Bernd

Post by Hugoz » Mon, 29. Mar 04, 08:52

per chi non l`avesse visto in giro CBJ ha fatto questo (tradotto dal tedesco )

I happened to be in the DevChat earlier when Bernd came in for a quick Q&A session that had been organised by InVaDeR[ESS] from the German forum. I thought the English forum might be interested what Bernd had to say. For the record, I've trimmed some of the questions and adjusted the order a bit so that it flows better.

Disclaimer: Almost all of the discussion was in German and my translation may not be word-perfect, so please bear that in mind before trying to read too much into the wording of the answers.

===============================================

InVaDeR[ESS]: So, Bernd, first of all it is nice of you to join us. Some of those present weren't at the X-Con. Can you give them an overview of what was said there about the future of X²?

Bernd: We mentioned briefly that it will, of course, carry on. Online Universe is not our only field of work (at least not until we find a generous investor . There will be an expansion, and after that the work will carry on still further. That is why it is worth contributing and why we are always looking for new ideas.

InVaDeR[ESS]: What will these enhancements consist of?

Bernd: Perhaps the most interesting discussion regarding new ideas for the future was the one about the different sized sectors. I put it to the vote whether sectors were actually too small or whether they should be more densely populated. Larger sectors would also mean emptier sectors. Less would happen. In fact that is very cool and space-like, but often also more boring. So we came to a compromise that in the future there would be a universe with different sized sectors. In other words not always the same distance between the main gates. At the edges of the universe, sectors could be CONSIDERABLY bigger. For that, there might possibly be a drive that allowed ships to travel faster on particular routes, like on a motorway/highway.

The_Jam: I would like both - larger and denser.

Bernd: Both larger and denser in the same sector doesn't make sense. But the solution described above would mean that there could be both. Very dense sectors and large and rather empty sectors in which stations are grouped together, with 50km of nothing between the groups.

BSA[ESS]: But what form would this expansion take? More plot or just new features?

Bernd: A key feature of the expansion will be a continuation of the plot with a new story. Of course. That must be there. Other than that we will add in many different new features. What exactly will be in the expansion (sector sizes, new menu navigation, etc.) and what will have to wait for later game releases is not yet decided.

[WIZ]ReiAyanami[STI]: What I would like is if there were tactical missiles, not just destructive missiles, but also EMP-missiles that disable a ship for, say, 30 seconds, or which do very little damage but have a high chance of damaging a ship upgrade.

Bernd: There are very likely to be new weapon systems for the expansion, yes. New ships, weapons and missions are all "must haves".

InVaDeR[ESS]: What form will the expansion take for the customers?

Bernd: When I talk about THE expansion, then I mean a product that people have to buy. Obviously there will also be ongoing updates. Some things will go into the updates, some will be kept for the purchasable expansion. In any case, the latter will of course be relatively inexpensive, just like X-Tension.

BSA[ESS]: An important question about the expansion that we have to buy, is there a possibility of making the US and EU versions compatible? I've got both versions and prefer playing the US version.

Bernd: The versions are fully compatible anyway (as far as savegames are concerned). Only the copy protection changes. For that reason it is best if you buy the version with the copy protection that you are happiest with. It is hoped that the expansion SHOULD remain compatible with existing savegames. But we can't guarantee that. It will cost us many compromises. For example, the changing of sector sizes would be out of the question for the expansion.

Earthpilot: Do you have graphical changes planned for the expansion?

Bernd: New items are obviously also new 3D objects. And they should of course look good. It is unlikely that existing ships will be changed significantly. That wouldn't make sense. Minor enhancements yes, but a re-design definitely not.

[WIZ]ReiAyanami[STI]: Will the TPs play a greater role in the expansion than in the original X²?

The_Jam: Are the TPs going to undergo any kind of changes?

Bernd: The only reason the TP was not significantly weakened in 1.3 is that we didn't want to annoy existing TP users.

Sandhase[ESS]: I have another question that I'm sure you are sick of hearing: Are the M6, M2 and M1 ships capturable? In the forum someone claims they have managed to capture an M6, but there was never any proof. I tried yesterday with a Nemesis, but I gave up. Are they capturable or not? And what about Khaak ships?

Bernd: I think we will release additional capture possibilities in a future patch, or if not then in the expansion. That only make sense if the Khaak ships are also controllable from cockpits. A Khaak M1 cockpit looks really wild if I remember rightly (you get spun around all the time).

Sandhase[ESS]: Another question has occured to me in connection with the add-on: will the old X-Shuttle appear again in the add-on, or perhaps later in the plot? At the moment we can get at using scripts, but we've noticed it is not available in the game.

Bernd: Maybe. But if so, then definitely not as the ultimate all-rounder.

BSA[ESS]: In the expansion, will there be more detail involving the various races? Like the Split setting off to see the Boron from time to time, actually engaging in "politics". An Argon fleet could also go off in support of the Boron. I think it would make the different races more interesting.

Bernd: The expansion won't see any major political changes. It is all supposed to take place in the same universe. But at some point or other in other products, things could be different.

Henkie: Will egosoft build some RTS elements in X²? Where for example one race invades a sector of another?

Bernd: I think there are already a lot of strategy elements in the game. We wont add a RTS type user interface but of course the player can manage large battles and this will be yet another focus of the upgrade. Yes.

InVaDeR[ESS]: But the Split still have a great hatred of the Boronen, wouldn't it be a fun possibility to have a Split fleet attack the Boron sectors?

Bernd: The Split und Boron will have a special role in another product.

Sandhase[ESS]: Do you know roughly when this add-on will be available?

Bernd: I don't want to say anything that might be wrong. Current indications suggest the end of this year.

Earthpilot: Will EGOSOFT ever include the EARTH in the game?

Bernd: The usual answer, maybe, we will see.

---

And finally some scripting and modding questions:

---

Sandhase[ESS]: Will there be more new official scripts and mods, and will the Camouflage Device eventually be made usable?

Bernd: All scripts that are sent to us and that we think are good have the potential to be made "official". But there will definitely also be one or more of our own specially developed scripts. Camouflage Device? We'll see.

[WIZ]ReiAyanami[STI]: Just a small question, why were the nice laser effects in the Beta taken out for the full version. IMO the laser effects in the Beta were much nicer.

Bernd: Not much was changed. Only little things. What you probably mean were the particle effects on the lasers. You can easily re-enable these using the bullet types.

pak-x2: Roughly how long will it be before there is a 3dsmax 6 exporter?

Bernd: I can't answer that as I don't yet know for sure myself exactly where the problem lies. The exporter really ought to work with 5 and 6. I think it is just some small thing and that Martin will be able to sort it out soon.

===============================================

That's all folks. Please don't ask me to explain any of the answers in more detail. I have translated all the information I could extract from what Bernd said.
AMD K5 133 Mhz; scheda madre Fic Pio-3; Ram 32Mb ; scheda video 3dFx Vodoo; HD 1.5 Gb ; modem 28.8Kbps; OS Window 95 (monitor da 13", 256 colori)
http://it.universox.wikia.com/wiki/UniversoX_Wiki

tralux
x3tc

Post by tralux » Mon, 29. Mar 04, 09:09

Da quel che ho capito faccio un sunto in italiano:
I settori sono troppo piccoli e forse li ingendiranno , metteranno piu razze e conflitti tra razze tipo Boron e Split , aggiungeranno nuove tecnologie e astronavi , e è in discussione il fatto di poter catturare M6 , M2 o M1 .
Nuovi armamenti tra cui missili che disabilitano le astronavi per 30 secondi.
Aumenteranno la valenza delle missioni per i TP inserite solo con l'utima pach 1.3.
Nuova trama e cambiamento dei menu.
Tutto questo inserito in un espansione e non pach.

Per il gioco on-line ci vorrà ancora piu tempo.

Commento personale le aggiunte sono sempre ben volute , unica cosa è che se deve uscire espansione in lingua italiano la vedremo tra non meno di un anno con i tempi che impiegano.

Hugoz
x3tc

Post by Hugoz » Mon, 29. Mar 04, 17:22

Bernd: I think we will release additional capture possibilities in a future patch, or if not then in the expansion. That only make sense if the Khaak ships are also controllable from cockpits. A Khaak M1 cockpit looks really wild if I remember rightly (you get spun around all the time).
sopratutto si potranno catturare i Kha'ak :)
ma importante saranno le nuove missioni nella prossima espansione
(povero _ciccio_ non ha ancora il gioco e qui` si parla gia` di espansioni :lol: )
AMD K5 133 Mhz; scheda madre Fic Pio-3; Ram 32Mb ; scheda video 3dFx Vodoo; HD 1.5 Gb ; modem 28.8Kbps; OS Window 95 (monitor da 13", 256 colori)
http://it.universox.wikia.com/wiki/UniversoX_Wiki

_Ciccio_
x4

sob

Post by _Ciccio_ » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 09:06

:headbang: :evil: :twisted:
___La Resistenza E' Inutile___

""Dimentica quello che hanno detto, ma ricordati i loro nomi"" J.F.K.

Norain
x3

Post by Norain » Tue, 30. Mar 04, 09:45

Siiiii più missioni!!
In effetti ci sono veramente poche tipologie di missioni per un gioco dalla longevità così elevata....

Return to “L'Universo della Trilogia di X”